Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • images and animation questions
  • toyrobot
    Free Member

Random question ahoy!

I’ve got to do an animation. I know very little about it. I am an illustrator so know my way around making images in photoshop though. The plan is to take photos (many many photos) and having edited and played with them in photoshop turn the sequesnce into a stop motion type animation. Probably use Premier or After Effects or which ever I’m told is right.
    First question is – what size of image should I be aiming to export for animation? The end produce will be for general broadcast rather than posting on youtube. So, resolution and image size? Any ideas?

maccruiskeen

By general broadcast do you mean its to to be on TV?

Here are the BBC’s minimum broadcast standardsfor independents, the other channels, Sky in particular will have similar requirement.

The key bit for image size is

1920 x 1080 pixels in an aspect ratio of 16:9

nickjb
    Free Member

If you are playing with then in Photoshop then you can make the animation in there. Just put each frame on a new layer. You can probably do more in the other packages, though. As above 1920×1080 as it is native for HD tele.

toyrobot
    Free Member

Cheers Folks. That should help LOADS.

toyrobot
    Free Member

Over the weekend I’ll try and get all the images I’ll need, then it’s off to work on Monday to ask the tv and animation men what they would suggest is the best (easiest) way of putting it together and saving it. Luckily I work at an art college type place so can access both software and technology. Fingers crossed.

cbike
    Free Member

there are animation apps that will take pictures or assemble groups of pictures for you and then convert them into animation videos. You would be hours recreating that in a video editor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘images and animation questions’ is closed to new replies.