Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Image stabilisers for GoPro
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I recently bought a few GoPros so I can extend the range of subjects I can bore people with.
    I soon got tired of jerky footage so purchased a FeiyuTech G3 3 axis stabilser. It does the job perfectly and a couple of product shoots for a client have really delighted him.
    I really did want to try it on a bike though as I find the jerkyness can be irritating and Hyperlapse didn’t really cut it for me as I didn’t want speeded up footage all the time.
    Enter the Neewer Z1-Rider 2. It has a GoPro mount compatible fitting and a 1/4″ tripod bush.
    It really seems to work well and like the FeiyuTech can power the GoPro. It’s not right for all situations and having to take the camera out of the case makes you feel a bit vulnerable to an expensive bill but I am impressed.

Here’s a quick video. I’ll re-export it in a format more suitable for Vimeo later, but now I’m going riding.

[video]https://vimeo.com/161901338[/video]

FeiyuTech handheld gimbal

Neewer Z1-Rider 2 GoPro mount gimbal

STATO
    Free Member

I would love one but it falls even further into the ‘unused expensive toy’ than the gopro itself. I find the videos a little weird to watch though for some reason, the lack of movement makes me a little queasy, like im falling or something (I have a problem with heights 😆 )

Milkie
    Free Member

FeiyuTech G3 WG Chest Mounted for me! It certainly improves the quality of the video as there is no or less jerkiness.

This is my test video and quite boring, but it was to see if the Gimbal works and what it feels like to wear it on your chest.

Afan – Whites
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLvX7EQYmKo[/video]

stumpy01

Blimey – that VIMEO video is pretty impressive in terms of stabilisation (can’t watch the youtube ones at work; well, we can but it’s a pain).

It would be good to have done the same run without the gimbal on & then put snips of each video into one video to do a with/without comparison……

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hi Milkie, looks like you had a better test ride than me. I looked at the wearable G3 but decided I preferred the mount position on the Neewer. The G3 seems to be further I front of the body. Looks more tunable than the Neewer though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Milkie are your forks not working properly because your arms seem to be taking a right hammering in that video 😆
    (That is very impressive bit of kit btw)

Milkie
    Free Member

I had not noticed that before.. 😳 I hope they are working! They are probably due a proper service, or it could be that I haven’t set them up correctly, but they felt amazing compared to the Lyriks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Image stabilisers for GoPro’ is closed to new replies.