• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Imac, buying from daughter, what's it worth?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I know it’s another what’s it worth thread, but bare with me please 🙂
    My oldest has an imac which she doesn’t use since she got a MacBook pro & my youngest daughter is moaning that her laptop is slow so is covertly using the iMac whilst her sister is out. Now I bought the iMac as a present for the oldest but I’m not about to take it back without her getting something for it, but what’s

A, the going rate

B, the amount I should give her seeing as I have already bought & paid for it?

It’s the first of the slimmer iMacs without a cd drive & I originally paid £1050 for it from Costco.
    What do you think?
    Many thanks.

TooTall
    Free Member

I think you should stop buying excessive gifts for your kids, or adopt me and I’ll be more grateful for the love you buy me!

toffer
    Free Member

Hmm not sure I would want to buy IMac from my daughter?! Oh my bad that’s Immac! 🙂

Drac

It took 2 posts.

I’m disappointed.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Do not whatever you do get any on your hoop.

MrSmith
    Free Member

mac2sell.com

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Oh well, this thread is only going one way now, never mind 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry, I read it as Immac as well.

Too much time on the anal bleaching thread 😳

tiggs121
    Free Member

Given that you paid for it I’m surprised your daughter wants anything for it!

MSP

Tell your eldest that it would be very nice if she gave her old computer to her younger sister as she needs something better than she already has.

skids
    Free Member

depends what year it is and the spec, , I think I would be happy to receive maybe £100 for a computer that I don’t even use especially if it is going to a family member

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Tell your eldest that it would be very nice if she gave her old computer to her younger sister as she needs something better than she already has.

In my head I think this would work, but in reality I think I’m just taking something away from her, & what if something happens to the MacBook & she needs something else, do I just buy another as she gave her old one to her sister?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tell her to go and buy Her own replacement? Do kids really need MacBooks these days?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Do kids really need MacBooks these days?

^This +1.

Even by STW standards this is a 1st World Problem of the highest order!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

She bought her own laptop with her own money that she earned, I spunked money as a kid, didn’t you?

bigjim

I spunked money as a kid, didn’t you?

😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok she bought her own MacBook, but you bought the other thing.

As her if she wants to give it to her sister, or sell it yourself

nealglover
    Free Member

If I did, I could have bought my own private island, never mind a posh laptop 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

As her if she wants to give it to her sister

Oh, and this ^

She shouldn’t want any “return” on it really, not if her sister will use it and she has no use for it herself.

andyl
    Free Member

now that’s what I call a “money shot”

How about doing a deal with your daughter and for her next birthday she can have something nice and a bit more than you would be spending on her if she gives the Imac to her sister?

In reality you would probably be buying said expensive item anyway but at least this way you don’t have to buy it and another mac.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Imac, buying from daughter, what's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.