• This topic has 35 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I'm working from home today, it's June…
  • IHN

…and I’m thinking about putting a jumper on. WTF’s going on with the weather? 😥 👿

zippykona

It’s now called Junuary.

binners

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the weather. Or the climate. Everything’s fine. Instead of a jumper, why not put the heating on? Light a nice coal fire?

stumpy01

Sorry. It’s my fault.

I bought my daughter some summer sandals, a mini trampoline & a ride-on trike for the garden on Sunday…..the weather turned within hours of getting home.

I should have foreseen this. 🙁

jekkyl

3 days of constant rain (more tomorrow) will turn the trails to mush once again.

AlexSimon

stumpy01 – Member

Sorry. It’s my fault.

I bought my daughter some summer sandals, a mini trampoline & a ride-on trike for the garden on Sunday…..the weather turned within hours of getting home.

I should have foreseen this. I’ll try and redress the balance. Have any shops got sledges in?

Murray

Flower beds were looking a bit parched, farmers round Shrewsbury were using spray irrigation on their veggies, slugs starting to get a bit thin on the ground. This rain should sort it all out.

Murray

Or is this a Tory plot to reduce voter turnout on Thursday? #chemtrails

P-Jay
    Free Member

Last night sat in my lounge I heard a strange noise… it was the heating coming on! The Thermostat is set to 18c!

stumpy01

AlexSimon – Member

I’ll try and redress the balance. Have any shops got sledges in?

It’s worth a look!

I debated ordering a set of Bontrager Mud X to try & reverse the damage done….

IHN

Flower beds were looking a bit parched, farmers round Shrewsbury were using spray irrigation on their veggies, slugs starting to get a bit thin on the ground. This rain should sort it all out.

That’s the other thing; it’s basically going to rain until the end of the week, then we’re away for two weeks. The garden’s going to be an effing jungle when we get back.

binners

Don’t worry. I’m going on holiday on Sunday. It’ll be cracking the flags next week

GrahamS

If it is any consolation, I was camping in Perth (Scotland) all last week for half term and it was absolutely boiling.

I’m still recovering from the sunburn!

scotroutes

jekkyl – Member
    3 days of constant rain (more tomorrow) will turn the trails to mush once again.

Whereas our trails will mostly dry out by the weekend. TBH we needed a bit of rain, it’s all been too dry and loose for a while.

revs1972
    Free Member

Hang on a minute , just need to nip to the bar to top up the Mythos whilst dodging the sun. Hard work keeping cool.

IHN

Hang on a minute , just need to nip to the bar to top up the Mythos whilst dodging the sun. Hard work keeping cool.

footflaps

I nipped out and fed the lawn this morning, may as well make the most of the rain…..

jimdubleyou

On the plus side, my courgette plants are going to be enormous by the end of the week…

revs1972
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation I do have to work whilst I’m on holiday.
    It’s not all beer , sun and swimming

perchypanther
    Free Member

In September, IHN tried a cardigan for the very first time
    Now he’s doing jumpers… it’s June

Sign of the times, innit

Three_Fish
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGg1567fzTY[/video]

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

At least you are dressed. Working from home my arse….

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone noticed what the Singletrack calendar says for Monday…?

Bunnyhop

Next door neighbour’s empty blow up paddling pool has just blown over their fence, over my greenhouse and landed against our hedge, some of which is hawthorn. This could end in tears.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

This could end in tears.

Bravo.(applauds!)

nedrapier

This happens every year. April sometimes nice, May usually pretty good. Goes to shit for decent chunks of June and sometimes July as well.

crazy-legs

This happens every year. April sometimes nice, May usually pretty good. Goes to shit for decent chunks of June and sometimes July as well.

Yep – usually a nice window of weather in May and then again in September.
    June & July = washout.

I seem to remember far more soaking wet Mountain Mayhems than I do warm dry ones…

onewheelgood

I seem to remember far more soaking wet Mountain Mayhems than I do warm dry ones…

This.
    I’ve done 14 Mayhems so far and definitely more wet than dry.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m old enough to remember seasons.

ThePinkster

I’m old enough to remember seasons.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPcc1ftj8E[/video]

doris5000

never mind all this weather talk though –

I bought my daughter some summer sandals, a mini trampoline & a ride-on trike

what’s a non ride-on trike?

palmer77
    Free Member

34c today…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I believe June is actually a monsoon month in the northern hemisphere, if you can call an increase in rainfall a ‘monsoon’. Makes sense though, when you think how many wet IoW Festivals and Glastos there’s been.

DougD

DezB – Member
    Anyone noticed what the Singletrack calendar says for Monday…?

Just looked at mine, Tuesday 6 June states “Get winter clothes back out”.

I blame STW

DezB
    Free Member

That was it! The swines!

nbt

I’m old enough to remember him doing all those dips on Superstars 😉

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I'm working from home today, it's June…’ is closed to new replies.