Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I'm well endowed!
  • Nomad
    Free Member

And it’s causing me issues…..

My helmet got squashed and I new one. The problem is, I have a 62cm head and I’m struggling to find one that feels right and doesn’t make me look like a clout nail.

I’m hoping the similarly cranially endowed could recommend me a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing helmet for general XC riding.

Help.

N

honourablegeorge

I’ve always found Giro helmets to suit the larger headed man, and my similarly endowed friend has found the same – Giro are pretty much the only brand that will fit him.

Nomad
    Free Member

Are the giro helmets big without looking big?

lucien

Bell do big sizes, try one’s without the peak as well as the “look” smaller

Nomad
    Free Member

For me, a helmet without a peak doesn’t look right.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I’m the same – always take an L or an XL in any type of headgear. Still rocking a large Giro E2 that must be getting on for ten years old. Dunno if they still make the E2. Comfier than other Giro lids I’ve tried like the Xen and the Xar, too, even if it doesn’t look quite as cool.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Giro are big, but look ok.

Met on the other hand are tiny.

My new Spesh feels rather spacious to be honest, I could’ve squeezed into a medium when only large Giro’s fit, but I got a large for winter head wear and inevitable hot head expansion situations and its far better

banks
    Free Member

Got a massive head too urge, bell or spesh helmets fit the bill

Nomad
    Free Member

I’ve tried Bell in the past and not got on with them.

I’ll try some Giros on today I think.

Cheers guys

N

pingu66
    Free Member

I don’t have a small head, not sure of the size but I ended up with a Spesh. Unfortunately I do look like a clout nail in it.

sandal100

I have problems due to a larger than average head and had to buy a new one when my giro e2 died. Nothing was as comfy as that helmet but found the luis garneau helmets at Evans to fit quite well without being over the top massive. I think I got the carve model and it feels as comfy as my old e2

somouk
    Free Member

Still rocking a large Giro E2 that must be getting on for ten years old

Aren’t helmets meant to be replaced after 5 years as their protection deteriorates?

I can only say mimic others in their replies that Giro helmets are generally quite comfortably sized.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I'm well endowed!’ is closed to new replies.