• This topic has 101 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • I'm upset with my wife, is it me who is in the wrong?
  • somafunk

toemul – 😛 , personally i’d need either ketamine or a very strong dose of microdots…or possibly both, and a set of noise reduction headphones plugged into my iphone playing decent tunes.

iainc

Send her to somewhere decent for New Years Eve, such as the Sub Club in Glasgow

😛

Just spat my wine out !!!! LOL 🙂

Speeder

The fact she asked you then did it anyway isn’t great but having the points in the bag is priceless. Can’t see your problem.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I’d be a bit peeved. Mainly at the ‘asking despite the fact it’s already booked’ aspect of it. Especially if NYE is particularly important.

But as others have rightly said it does give you permission to book a decent riding trip later in the year. Enjoy!

McHamish
    Free Member

Just checked with my wife…you’re not being unreasonable.

She was a little shocked when I got to the part “she booked it anyway”.

slackalice
    Free Member

Hmmm… tricky one. Being presented as fait accompli isn’t particularly impressive and so I can understand why you’re feeling a little peeved.

Then again, interdependency is a very good thing.

And, as other’s have said, bank the credit, just don’t forget to take your bike when you go away for the long weekend riding with the boys in the new found Baltic states riding paradise… that and hide the credit card summaries for the following couple of month’s 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

I’d be delighted if my wife went out for the evening with her pals; I could go out on the bike, come home for a hot shower and a beer then dig out the old pron collection.

Anyway the more she goes out, the more it gives you carte blanche to go out.

nuke

If the tables were turned and you had wanted to go to a gig on NYE, what do you think she would have said?

Not sure how I’d feel on this one but then I genuinely think my wife and I would have ruled out a gig on NYE because it’s NYE…unless we were both going together

DezB
    Free Member

Personally i’d be more upset that she considers the mindless droning that is Gary Barlow to be a form of music, that is totally unforgivable in my opinion but as i’ve previously been outed on this forum for being an ignorant toss-pot music snob it’s not an issue i would ever encounter.

I, personally, think you are spot on. (apart from the mindless droning bit, sounds too good to be Barlow). I wouldn’t have married someone with such poor musical taste in the first place so no good me imparting any advice to the OP.

bearnecessities

Gnar @ Slackalice.

Yes it sounds bad as described, but who knows what you’ve done?! Also, it could be genuinely not be meant as ignoring your feelings. Just bad judgement, and of course none of us are guilty of that.

Fact is, it’s now being discussed and that is what is most important, without a shadow of a doubt.

Plus, remember, coke/hookers/Leeds/31/12/13 😉

solarpowered
    Free Member

I can’t believe people are talking about ‘scoring points’ or banking them! Is that really what it’s all about? How crap!
    I genuinely have no idea why she would ask you if it’s ok, without then discussing why you were against the idea?…
    Unless I’ve missed something through the posts above I truly do not understand why she would put the blame on you…. Unless….. Her concience was trying to tell her something that she wasn’t yet ready to tell you. I think you may get an appology +/- reason for this reaction soon….
    Hope it ends well btw xx
    Ps/edit: I’m not married & therefore not really qualified to give advise!

McHamish
    Free Member

Just told my wife it’s Gary Barlow.

She wants to know where she got tickets from.

Apparently it’s going to be on tv…you and the kids can watch it to see if you can spot her.

Drac

Are you spending Xmas Day with you wife and kids? Yes. Then be thankful for that and let her enjoy NYE out with her friends it’s nothing special.

I’ve 2 colleagues who are both working Xmas day together so won’t be spending it with their kids, just to a perspective on it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume they did not choose to spend xmas day apart though – there is a difference, a big one.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I can’t believe people are talking about ‘scoring points’ or banking them! Is that really what it’s all about?

Absolutely! I’d be delighted as that’d be some big points 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

You now have a golden coupon. Coupons are nice things to have but GOLDEN coupons are the most sought after. Spend wisely but I’d use it for a riding holiday with the lads.

Sanny
    Free Member

LOL at Sub Club suggestion. Evidently, it’s not lost it’s dance and drugs reputation it had in the late 90s. I remember being in their when Francois Kevorkian was doing a set. Some random, stoned Doris came up to me and told me how great he was…..I was a bit, well, Mheh! All he seemed to do was play other people’s records…… 😀 Perhaps the drugs were a necessity to appreciate his, errr, genius!

Meanwhile, back on topic, you could of course talk to your misses and tell her how you feel? Radical I know! Ha! Ha! I’ll now show my total lack of cred by saying that I reckon Barlow is a pretty damn fine songwriter……jeez! I may need to section myself if I keep this up!

Drac

I assume they did not choose to spend xmas day apart though – there is a difference, a big one.

Yes they had no choice which is worse.

djglover
    Free Member

She gets a night out to see Gary Barlow, you get a long weekend skiing – simple

samuri
    Free Member

I’d be quite happy to see her go off and enjoy herself.

Saccades
    Free Member

she’ll be getting rodded, SWT.

Kryton57

What globalti said. Personally I’d swap the prawn for action movies mrs K doesn’t like, but id be doing the same and coming back to a curry followed by a table full of Parma ham, cheese and some XO

PePPeR

Only bit that would annoy me is the being asked then going ahead and doing it anyway. Most of the time I know what the answers going to be, so…

If I’m going to do something like this, I just go ahead and do it. You only get one argument that way rather than two .

johndoh
    Free Member

If my wife asked me then went ahead and did it despite my not being happy with it , I’d be concerned she had no respect for me nor the relationship.

Saying that, I wouldn’t have had a problem with her going in the first place.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

TJD gary Barlow.

Yes, I’d mind too.

grizedaleforest

Mrs Forest does this to me too. She asks if I mind her doing this or that. And I say no, no go ahead I don’t mind. Then she’s goes and does it and I get very sulky and miffed because she should realise that I didn’t mean it. Typical.

gordimhor

You’re right to be peeved, but it’s not the end of the world is it?

weare138
    Free Member

I would overly worry about it, don’t let it ruin your Xmas/marriage/life. It’s one night, if you trust her, get on with it and let her go. I’d relish sitting there with some days banked watching war films.

weare138
    Free Member

Wouldn’t doh

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Rubbish thing to do, I would feel quite despondent with someone who discussed it then totally disregarded the conversation.

And Gary Barlow . . . Seriously!? To me new years eve is about seeing in the new year with your nearest and dearest.

How old are the kids? If they are too young to really appreciate it get a babysitter organise yourself a decent night out – or if the kids are big enough to get into it find somewhere to go with them – a child friendly party?

samuri
    Free Member

Oh sorry, is this a serious question?

Right, you’re married, of course you’re in the wrong.

sweepy
    Free Member

“Fair do”s love,after all I am going
    out xmas eve”

peterich
    Free Member

seems alright to me
    ive been married 10 yrs 2 kids
    seems a bit of a once in a life time thing – I might feel different if she wanted to do it the following year as well but a one off id be fine about

tiggs121
    Free Member

What do the kids think about it?

scotroutes

Booking a concert on NYE? Fair do’s.
    Doing it when she knows you don’t want her to? Bad form.

Yak

I wouldn’t have said no if asked.
    NYE’s not a biggie for us – there’s plenty of other dates when family time matters more.

JulianA
    Free Member

She appears totally to be in the wrong: I should be utterly pissed off in your situation.

I’d be wondering what was wrong with our marriage if MrsJA and I didn’t want to spend NYE or any other significant date together…

wrecker
    Free Member

MrsW also thinks your wife is bang out.
    I’d have let her go and banked the lads holiday but whatever. Just make sure you fully cream it.
    Still over in west wales?

samuri
    Free Member

I’d be wondering what was wrong with our marriage if MrsJA and I didn’t want to spend NYE or any other significant date together…

It’s just a day in a year. Means naff all. What’s more important is how compromises and agreements are made.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

One night?

My wife told me her Mom had given up her job and planned to come and stay with us 3 months of the year. That was their plan.

She arrives in a couple of weeks. Very little discussion. I’ll take your one night and swap it for 3 months with the M-i-L.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘I'm upset with my wife, is it me who is in the wrong?’ is closed to new replies.