Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'm thinking of dropping in at Cannock Chase after…..
  • keefus
    Free Member

a trip oop north visiting friends and getting some trails in at Gisburn, Lee & Crag Quarries. The friends live near Altrincham and I was thinking of getting in a blast round Cannock Chase on the way back home to Poole. I dont want to desert my friends in a sefish attempt to get a ride in but by the same token dont want to leave it so late that I miss out. I reckon it would take me an hour to get to the Chase from Altincham. My question is, how long would I need to get in both trails before bad light stops play. It will be May bank holiday weekend (the monday) Many thanks in anticipation.

passtherizla
    Free Member

depends on you pace I guess, but both are easily do-able within 2 hours… hope that helps. There is a cafe and some nice walks too t keep the others entertained?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

two hours is plenty.

keefus
    Free Member

Thanks for that guys…….much better than I thought!

momo

Took me three hours to get round at the end of last year, but I’m fat and slow and had a couple of mechanicals on the way. So 2 hours should be enough if you ride at a reasonable pace.

somouk
    Free Member

I would factor in some time for traffic as well both on the roads around cannock and also the trails themselves on a bank holiday.

You can ride the Dog in about 40 minutes and with the monkey tagged into that you should be good for under two hours 🙂

NedFlanders
    Free Member

It depends on the bank holiday stay away from the dog and monkey unless 100mm travel and full face lid!!! venture away from the norm, get lost on the chase then it comes into its own

therag
    Free Member

I’m hoping to go there tomorrow afternoon for the fist time, as long as I can get out of work early enough.
    Had a few weeks off riding so thursday will mainly consist of ouch aghhh owww

mcgoo
    Free Member

It depends on the bank holiday stay away from the dog and monkey unless 100mm travel and full face lid!!!

Is that a p!ss take?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I read that to be more about the type of peeps riding than the trail

scruff
    Free Member

It depends on the bank holiday stay away from the dog and monkey unless 100mm travel and full face lid!!!

Is that a p!ss take?

It is. He meant 100mm travel, full face lid, motobike style fenders and a Go-Pro.

thered

Dunno, some of those braking bumps are criminal, thinking I might take the miniDH and rock the body armour and full fezza next time

footflaps

I rode FtD and Monkey yesterday on a HT SS and it was pretty painful in places, the braking bumps must be getting on for 6″ deep in places! I was quite battered after a couple of laps trying to keep up with FSers…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'm thinking of dropping in at Cannock Chase after…..’ is closed to new replies.