Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I'm surprised at how much crap I have
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’m moving house this weekend

I thought I was pretty good at not collecting stuff, I think I was wrong

13 box files of ‘Octane’ classic car magazine, every issue from number 1

6 of these cases full of CD’s

At the last count 8 coats (ME down, fleece, and insulated gore tex, TNF gore tex, Haglofs gore tex and soft shell, Gill cycling jacket, Westbeach snowboard jacket)

Endless boxes of books

It’s getting on top of me

Is this amount of stuff normal?

Jamie
    Free Member

13 box files of car magazines?

Normal?

*pleads the 5th*

ourmaninthenorth

Too many magazines, not enough music.

FWIW I had a v large collection of Evo from issue 1. Chucked all bit the first three issues. Never regretted it. And I’m still buying 75-100 CDs a year. So I’d say you’re quite normal, but now’s a great time to ask yourself “do I really need that?”.

jools182
    Free Member

yeah the car magazine thing is odd I know

It’s things like books and CD’s and clothes

They take up so much space, but I’m loathed to get rid as I still occasionally listen to my old CD’s, the 8 coats all seem to serve a different purpose

I need to de clutter, just not sure how ruthless I need to be

scaredypants

I’ve got about 400 C90 cassettes in the loft. They came from the loft in our previous house, and the 2 before that. Unplayed, outmoded, probably ruined by damp and dust but they have some “irreplaceable” stuff on them and so they’re staying put.

Northwind

Cassettes and videos are a perfect storm- too precious/irreplacable to throw away, but you know fine well you’re never going to do anything with them. I should chuck mine… but… what if this is the only copy of Terrorvision’s lounge act cover version of Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter in existence?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I'm surprised at how much crap I have’ is closed to new replies.