Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I'm sure I did the right thing, but…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

Put the ice spikers on last night for this mornings commute.

6.45 thismorning, went out to find the front tyre was flat. Only one spare tube,so replacing it would leave me with no tube for the 12 mile commute in.

Decided I wasn’t feeling lucky and came in the car. 12 miles, 1 hour 15 minutes on ungritted roads avoiding asshats that can’t clear a windscreen or leave a safe stopping distance.

Should have stocked up on tubes and/or repaired some after Wednesday nights puncturefest 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d have fixed it there and then – would have saved time and been more fun.

eskay

You run the risk of being flattened by one of those asshats though if you ride.

allthepies
    Free Member

Always worth checking a tyre an hour or so after swapping tyres over IMO.

MoreCashThanDash

Wasn’t sure how well patches would stick in a freezing garage, or how long to give them in the house to warm up.

Missing the fun now it’s too late

MoreCashThanDash

I would have been off road and asshat free. Bet the towpaths would have been stunning this morning, rather than the slushy ice fest they were going home last night on Sammy slicks!

molgrips
    Free Member

You can fit patches in the cold.

ahwiles
    Free Member

patches of what?

MoreCashThanDash

Patches of editing, obviously 😳

zilog6128

I have my Ice Spiker Pros set up tubeless on some old wheels. Can’t be doing with risking punctures in the snow! Live in the SE though so not got to use them so far this winter 🙁

avdave2

Are you sure you didn’t fit the tyres inside out? Might be tricky and uneconomical to patch if so. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

The spikes are definitely on the outside. Having spun the wheel to make sure it was running freely and then used my hand to stop it!

devs
    Free Member

Ice spikers go up tubeless a treat. Just saying.

Northwind

I did 2 days on my ice spikers this week, fighting the drag and being deafened by the noise and basically cursing the lack of ice and snow. Back on normal bike today, so I’ll probably die on ice…

Ice spikers won’t stop some fanny from driving over you though.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Ice spikers go up tubeless a treat. Just saying.

Even the non-pro versions?

MoreCashThanDash

It’s all melted now, would have been a terrible drag to get home after all.

Popped in to Evans to get a tube at lunchtime. Took a while longer than anticipated due to the presence of a Stainless Croix de Fer in the shop 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I'm sure I did the right thing, but…..’ is closed to new replies.