Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I'm stumped – immunisation history help.
  • Smee
    Free Member

I need to get a history of my vaccinations for some health screening that i need to go through.

Trouble is they dont appear to be in my medical records and the child health lot that cover the schools I went to dont have records that far back.

Any ideas?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Try to contract all the diseases and infections you should have been immunised against and wait to see which ones develop?

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

From what you say then it was probably 60's and 70's. We weren't getting much then so it probably makes no differnce what you say for your medical. Just make it up. The only ones I know we got at school in 60's and 70's were:

Polio (Potentially did you more harm than good, and likely as not wouldn't work anyhow).
    Tetanus (- Little point anyone having it unless you plan to put a dirty fork through your foot and leave it to fester. Also it only works for a short time, so you won't be current)

Smee
    Free Member

Cheeky **** it was the 80s.

doc_blues
    Free Member

80s – likely to have had the BCG then (when 13 if that helps)
    as above Polio, tetanus (and same comments as above)
    diptheria???
    unlikely to have had measeles vaccine (and assuming your a bloke ruebella)
    mumps – doubt it – think we were just left to catch that in those days
    smallpox? – I have a friend who has an awful smallpox vaccine scar, but then she did spend her early childhood in india
    cant think of any others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I'm stumped – immunisation history help.’ is closed to new replies.