Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • I'm so glad i don't smoke anymore.
  • Haze

Struggled to give up the first time as I thought I could continue smoking weed. Soon realised that wasn’t so easy and cigarettes slowly crept back in.

Jacked them both in 8 years ago.

Hohum
    Free Member

The Pinkster – Member
    I’ve never had the urge to smoke myself but would be interested to know why you did start?

Same reason as binners really, I was 14 and most of my mates smoked, we thought we looked cool and it was rebellious – we were sticking it to the man.

When I first started it also used to give me the most amazing headrushes, which I used to enjoy in a strange way.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I finally gave up about 5 yrs ago. I went through the rollies stage for a while then ceegars the gave up when it became apparent that ceegars was going to be uber expensive..

Mooly
    Free Member

Well done to all who have done it and good luck to those who are trying. There will come a time when the penny drops so stick with it.
    And if you still enjoy. Good luck to you.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

1 year in 4 days! Wahoo.

Havnt saved a penny as I have spent it all on bike stuff. Oh yeah!

Good luck to anyone giving up at the mo, keep battling through it!

scruff9252

Been mostly stopped for 2 years now. I used to really enjoy smoking, as hard as that may be to understand. However I got up to 20 a day for a number of years and knew it was a pretty uncool thing to do.

Think over that time I have smoked on average 1 weekend every two months or so, usually coincides with a weekend away sailing, camping or on holiday etc.

Feeling a lot healthier and good not to be dependent on always having tobacco on me.

But I still allow myself a “Dirty Weekend” every couple of months. Strangely I find this remarkably easy and rarely think about fags.

Until threads like this come up…

scuzz
    Free Member

It’s when you consider reporting your debit card lost and getting ’emergency cash’ out of your NatWest account just so you can buy some fags – because you left your wallet at work overnight – that you realise it’s all got a bit silly.

Hopefully, anyway.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not had a snout since new year. On the electric ones now though, so kind of cheating really.

Looking back, I probably didn’t enjoy the vast majority of smokes I had, but every so often, the ones with a beer in a sunny garden were awesome. Unfortunately its not so easy to pick and choose the ones to have.

labsey
    Free Member

Well done everyone who’s quit successfully and keep going those who are going through it now.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I smoke about 2-3 cigs.

Every 40 years. I think half of those weren’t even inhaled!

steve234
    Free Member

I’ve never had the urge to smoke myself but would be interested to know why you did start?

Mostly because when I was a teenager everyone told me not to. And death or illness seemed so irrelevant and far away.

When I first started it also used to give me the most amazing headrushes

That too. And by the time they wore off I honestly enjoyed it. Or thought I did, I’m not sure anymore.

johndoh
    Free Member

My mum finally gave up smoking. It had killed her 🙁

matther01
    Free Member

Last one Xmas Eve…same day as my son was as born. No hurry to take it up again…how else will I buy him his first bike?!

yunki
    Free Member

The Pinkster – Member

I was 9.. it was cool

Been given up pretty much about 18 months now I think, after a couple of years of nearly managing it..

teadrinker
    Free Member

I quit being a full time smoker a year and half ago. Since then I only smoked when I was drinking. I have now though quit drinking for a year so that should put a final stop to the smoking too.

stavromuller
    Free Member

19 years this summer, went cold turkey on a holiday to lake Garda & can’t imagine ever smoking again

john_drummer
    Free Member

Feb ’98 for me. cold turkey, got up one day with about 4 left in a pack in my work jacket. decided “I don’t want to do that any more” and binned ’em, never been back since

cooie

31 years. Ran up a steep hill one evening and felt so out of breath I quit there and then! So glad I did 🙂

weare138
    Free Member

At £8.20 for a pack of 20 wonder how people am afford it these days?

Hohum
    Free Member

weare138 – Member

At £8.20 for a pack of 20 wonder how people am afford it these days?

It were 10 pence a smoke when I was a lad in the 80’s 😉

I still miss the head rush though…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘I'm so glad i don't smoke anymore.’ is closed to new replies.