Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • I'm so glad i don't smoke anymore.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Gave up 6 years ago and very happy about it.
    Thats all.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Gave up 152 days ago. Never looked back, such a ridiculous habit when you really think about it

h4muf
    Free Member

Nearly 4 years for me.

elzorillo
    Free Member

23 years for me.. Wonder how much money I’ve saved 🙂

kimbers

2 years 3 months for me, since kimbers jr came along

still miss it, but I only ever really smoked spliffs 😈

M1llh0use
    Free Member

9 years here.

Only recently realised how much better I feel for it.

TomB

such a ridiculous habit when you really think about it

(not a smoker, but) recently, my 4 year old son asked me “what’s that man doing” and, as I started explaining, I think me and him both came to this exact conclusion!

hora
    Free Member

December1999 for me.

kayak23

Round about ten years for me. Thank god I didn’t have to become one of these sad, junkie looking folks huddling outside pubs and hospitals. Who’s sucking the life out of who?
    Most utterly ridiculous thing to do ever.

hora
    Free Member

Harsh but true. A slave to British American Tobacco.

willard

I gave up on December the 1st 2011 and it was the best decisionI have ever made.

EVER.

steve234
    Free Member

18 days and counting…

It’s been surprisingly easy so far and feel loads better for it already. Tomorrow will be the first time out on the MTB since I stopped so hopefully will notice the difference there.

patentlywill
    Free Member

16th August 1984, Chania, Crete
    well done and good luck to those going through withdrawal symptoms – keep on going!

w1zard
    Free Member

When I see bikers get to the top of climbs and spark up – it looks utterly insane to me now. But I was one of those people only a few years back.

Nothing you’ll do in life will improve your quality of life as much as giving up smoking. If you’re thinking about doing it, do it now. Not next week, next year, when I get to 40, etc. Now. You won’t regret it.

hora
    Free Member

18 days and counting…

All of us who went clean were in your place. Keep going. Its definitely worth it. Nevermind the cost- the cost is the last thing on your mind when you are quit for good. Its a realisation of health and not being addicted to something.

Theres no such thing as addicted to chocolate. I don’t need to go out and find a shop open that sells chocolate as I’ve ‘run out’.

swavis

Nearly 7 years since I quit. I feel soooooooo much better for it, definitely one of the best decisions I’ve ever made 😀

ononeorange

Glad I never started.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

2 Years there or thereabouts, I took up drinking double to fill in the void.

restless
    Free Member

Glad I never started.

Wish I had never started, but I was young and daft.

Gave up 4yrs ago and will never touch one again.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Gave up about 10 months ago – still miss them though, but realise I’m much better off without!

muzzle
    Free Member

Day 14 for me…

growinglad
    Free Member

Last summer but it feels like a life time ago… Took a 3 year old to tell I was being a dick.

It’s super addictive and bloody hard to crack. But once you do. What a feeling.

Don’t ever miss it and find myself looking at people out in the cold and thinking, I looked like that knob once. Glad I don’t now.

spacemonkey

New Years Day 10 yrs or so ago go for me.

binners

I find smugness is equally as an unappealing a habit as smoking 😉

I’m planning to pack in again imminently. Wish me luck!

aracer
    Free Member

I could give up being smug any time I liked, but I enjoy it too much.

Hohum
    Free Member

Almost 3 years for me now.

The only time I miss it is when I am constipated and need the laxative effect in the morning or when one of my colleagues decides to eat his stinky soups at his desk at lunchtime and I can smell it in all its stinky glory, yuck! At that time I wish my sense of smell was back to down to its smoking level.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I know a couple who smoke 20 a day each. He nips to the paper shop every morning, 15 quid a time. 420 quid a month, absolute bonkers.

scaled
    Free Member

I gave up in December – been more of a challenge giving up my recreational smoking than the work place smoking though.

Still, i’m clean and that’s what matters!

ThePinkster

I’ve never had the urge to smoke myself but would be interested to know why you did start?

molgrips
    Free Member

Theres no such thing as addicted to chocolate. I don’t need to go out and find a shop open that sells chocolate as I’ve ‘run out’.

I’ve known people do that.

binners

I’ve never had the urge to smoke myself but would be interested to know why you did start?

Its generally when you’re young, stupid, you think you look cool, and all your mates smoke too. I was 14 and an idiot.

At the moment I’ve got 3 packs of fags left out of a batch of duty free. When they’ve gone I’m knocking it on the head AGAIN! I bloody hate the fact that I smoke! 🙁

tonyd

Smoked for 18 years, quit for 5, then started smoking on/off for the last 4 years (time goes fast!). Stopped again at New Year, will see how it goes.

Most of the time I hate it and know how much damage it’s doing, especially at the top of a nasty climb. In contrast I ran my best half marathon 3 years after quitting, I can remember being amazed at how much I could breathe and how strong I felt.

Unfortunately I also REALLY enjoy smoking. Just thinking about sitting in the afternoon sunshine with a pint or a G&T and a lovely smelly cigarette makes me want to go and stand in the rain and look sad. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

bookemdanno
    Free Member

31 days 9 hours and 43 minutes without one. Not that i’m counting. Gave up 6 years years ago for a year than slipped back into it. Ridiculous, especially as not smoking makes me feel so much better and more motivated to get out and do things.

brooess
    Free Member

I tried to smoke when I was 17. Luckily a friend told me I looked like a dick… + my grandad died on my 17th birthday – drowned on a load of fluid on his lungs right in front of my gran, which kind of gave me a useful perspective on the reality of it.

What amazes me now, given everything that’s known and all the government messages, is how come people are still coming to the conclusion that it’s a good idea to start…

binners

Unfortunately I also REALLY enjoy smoking. Just thinking about sitting in the afternoon sunshine with a pint or a G&T and a lovely smelly cigarette

tonyd – having a Father Ted moment….

😆

Keep it up fella. This is my last weekend smoking

ocrider

8 years, 1m, 25d
    Have you seen the price of them these days? How anyone can afford the things astounds me and makes me wonder what they have cut from their lives to be able to buy them.?

aracer
    Free Member

He nips to the paper shop every morning, 15 quid a time. 420 quid a month

I wonder whether smoking helps with doing maths?

tonyd

I wonder whether smoking helps with doing maths?

Looks OK for February.

Ringo
    Free Member

I keep trying to give up, but my problem is I like it

SnS
    Free Member

2011 – late Dec

Still waiting for the Health Benefits to visibly kick in.

Have I now turned into an Athletic Mountain Bike God who laughs in the face of hills ? ….Nope – still wheeze up like everyone else.
    Does my food taste stunning ! …err Nope.
    Do I have more energy ? – Well, I’m guessing it’s a yes on that one – I need it to help drag the extra 2 stone that I piled on.

So, maybe no visible or noticeable effects, but, do I feel immensely proud of myself for giving up ? Hell yes !!!

Chris

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘I'm so glad i don't smoke anymore.’ is closed to new replies.