Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • I'm really cheesed off with a Classifieds seller
  • kaiser
    Free Member

It's funny ..Ti Pin Man name rang a bell straight away .I remember him trying to sell a load of crappy shop vouchers ages ago and had knocked a massive 10% (was it) off the full cost value and was talking as though they were a bargain. tells you how tight he is.

grantway
    Free Member

Can anyone copy the CD's for the buyer and Ban the Trotter sales Scum

hitman
    Free Member

how much is the op out of pocket?

garyfisher
    Free Member

So Ti-pin man has got the buyer's cash and probably copies of the CDs. He's not bothered to get a free certificate of posting which would have insured him for £40. He won't refund the money (or even half the money) despite almost all posters siding against him. He's so sure of himself inspite of all this – he's not Gordon Brown is he?

PJ266
    Free Member

Same situation happened with me (just with a wheel) after much discussion it was agreed he would pay me half my money back, not ideal and I agree that its the sellers responsibility but sometimes you just have to take a hit.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I know Ti_pin_man and can vouch for his good character – he's been messed about a lot himself in the past – there's always 2 sides….

Good karma to all 🙂

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

So has he decided to mess others about now?

More I think about it the more it pisses me off that he cannot understand the rights and wrongs of his actions

So I have no CD's, no cash and he still doesn't give a shit despite the overwhelming condemnation of his peers

Its not the money, never has been, but I hate being turned over and to think he mentioned me pulling the wool over his eyes
    This coming from the person who doesn't even have a free receipt proving he ever sent the goods

My advice is avoid this bloke when it comes to trading for obvious reasons

Marmite
    Free Member

Tijuana Taxi what cd's were they, once we know, maybe the STW massive can help out..

Apologies if this is stated somewhere in amongst this and missed it.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Tijuna Taxi. take it to court. i guarantee you will win.

it won't cost you anything, Ti-con-man will have to pay the costs. Google small claims track

RichPenny
    Free Member

I've got a small pile of duplicate cds. Maybe not your taste, but I've got:

Joy Division – Closer
    Leftfield – Leftism
    Primal Scream – Screamadelica
    Underworld – Second toughest in the infants
    Air – Moon Safari
    Orbital – Green Album
    Underworld – Beaucoup Fish
    Mercury Rev – Yerself Is Steam

I'll stick a couple in the post to you if you email me what you want. That way the karmic balance of the universe can be restored 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Yer il help give him the money to come down and chin him

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer RichPenny, one was a Deep Purple oldie "Burn"and the other was the second Evansence album

Think what annoyed me even more was that he sold them because in his words he Digitised
    Could have at least burnt me a couple of replacements, would have been my first thought if roles were reversed

End of now, no court action or violence, lived in the East End for forty years and that ain't the answer

Just hope he feels proud of his actions and maybe a tinge of guilt when he gives it some thought

Marmite
    Free Member

Sorry can't help with either of those, ever thoughtt of 'ahem' torrent downloads

grantway
    Free Member

I Still live there Tjuana Taxi

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Good on yer, got a bit much for me bringing up a youngster

Realised that when I thumbed through the Hackney Gazette and the bad things no longer shocked or even surprised me

Only go back now to watch the O's

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Hackney Gazette sure it was not the Advertiser !
    So where have you emigrated to then as your outside the M25 😉

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Was definitely the Gazette, came out twice a week.

Near Cambridge now, straight up the M11

Whereabouts are you?

grantway
    Free Member

East Ham mate just off High Street South
    used to live in Bromley By Bow
    Hackney was an old drinking ground

Cambridge not to far mate

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My old man worked in a garage opposite Bow Church, seems weird now with the Olympics to be held just off Hackney Marshes

Would never have believed it, whole area needs some money spent on it though

snowpaul
    Free Member

hello

I know both marmoset and ti pin man from riding – both very decent types in the flesh so to speak.

I have bought 30 quids worth of cds of him and I do trust him – I am sure the cds will turn up in the post in the next week or so if they dont I am sure he will sort something out for you.

paul

Drac

he's been messed about a lot himself in the past – there's always 2 sides….

But yet he hasn't learnt to use recorded or have a receipt of postage.

ononeorange

Just a thought – as Tijuana said it wasn't the money but the principle (I think), how about Ti Man gives the money to a charity of TT's choice? That way honour is served and the spirit of the Classifieds lives on, hopefully everyone's happy-ish.

uplink
    Free Member

he's been messed about a lot himself in the past – there's always 2 sides

He's yet to come up with a reasonable excuse for not refunding TTs cash

He's been messed around in the past? – why didn't he say so?
    That changes everything, he now entitled to defraud others 🙄

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

How about Ti Man gives the money to a charity of TT's choice?

Works for me, RNLI is always my favoured charity

grumm
    Free Member

how about Ti Man gives the money to a charity of TT's choice?

As long as he comes up with a receipt for the donation!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

how about Ti Man gives the money to a charity of TT's choice?

It'll probably get lost between his hand and the collection tin…..

Mark

Bad show Ti..

Legally you are responsible for DELIVERY of any goods purchased remotely ie mail order. You both entered into a contract. A legally Binding one when you agreed the sale. Once full payment was in your possession you then became legally responsible for delivery. Putting it in the post is NOT delivery.

You should sort this out. The way you have behaved is inclining me to hand out a ban under the Negative Use rule.

But just to be clear… You have a legal responsibility to the buyer as you currently have his money but he does not have the product. That means the legal contract between you is still in force and is not concluded. Sort it out!

soma_rich
    Free Member

TOLD

grynch
    Free Member

my two cents? I think Ti_ should keep the money.
    he's going to find he's going to need it as his on-line sales drop off.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is that some Bombers I see under Marks desk? 😉

Drac

Can he be banned just from the classifieds maybe, until he refunds.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Ok so let me get this right He sells 2x Cd's at £3 a pop plus postage so prob about £7.

If he was not a cok about this he could claim back the cost to replace the two Cd's from RM which means he could prob claim back about £28 – £30.
    He could refund the money and still be £20 up at least.

This is one small action he could do that would make all parties happy. The fact that he refuses to do this just tells me he's a bell end.

Rant over

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I am not going to say much about this cos its just goes around and around.

You guys have given me a good kicking and the real anger in some peoples posting is very weird and a bit of a surprise. You dont know me, you hear one side of a story and then condem a man… its nice to see that lynch mobs are still alive and kicking.

For those who know me like Rich and Paul, thanks for the support fellas and Rich remember dont try overtaking when theres a tree in the way!

At the end of the day I am just an average joe, just yer average biker and I posted and sold these in good faith. I am not out to scam the buyer. When I sold them I just trundled off to the post office and sent them… I didnt know anything about a claims process for this value and for a couple of CD's didnt enquire. The buyer hadnt asked for insurance so I just sent them standard. I still think there is a chance they will turn up as we're bang in the middle of xmas… if they do, I look forward to a public apology with as much publicity as this.

Taxi could well have recieved them and be scamming me but nobody seem interested in that story.

To reconcile this I will make a donation to RNLI of 7.50 and Taxi – if you want I can email you the mp3s of Evanesence. I do not have the Deep Purple album digitally so cant do that one. Drop me an email if youre happy with mp3s.

nuke

Taxi could well have recieved them and be scamming me but nobody seem interested in that story.

Given you've got no proof of posting, you could well have never sent them and be scamming Taxi.

However, I'm quite sure both of you are not scammers as its sounds like simply a case of lost in the post but that doesn't mean Taxi should be the one to end up out of pocket.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

To be honest fella I think it was your refusal to do anything about it that got peoples backs up. A lot of people buy and sell on here and on the face of it its just done on trust my mates who don't really know each other.

I sold something on here recently that didn't turn up. I refunded the bloke and was intending to claim the money back when the parcel was returned to me my RM. He's now re-bought it and it been sent again. A mare for both of us but dealing with things with a bit of banter kept us both smiling.

Christmas spirit and all that…

grynch
    Free Member

You dont know me, you hear one side of a story and then condem a man… its nice to see that lynch mobs are still alive and kicking.

Ti_ , one side of the story?.. I think if you read back you'll find alot of the anger stems from your own post and digging your heels in, and I really do think , as result of your own post, you'll find people not willing to deal with you in the future.

and lynch mob?

sincerely,

Gregory Lynch, aka grynch

uplink
    Free Member

The buyer hadnt asked for insurance so I just sent them standard

That's because it's YOU that should make the decision whether or not YOU need the cover or YOU'RE prepared to have to pay up if it doesn't work out
    You seem to be unable to see the fundamental responsibilities here

dooosuk
    Free Member

Screen shot of the RNLI donation? 🙂

If you've been messed about in the past and bought and sold frequently, I can't believe you didn't know about the ability to claim.

Anyway, seems like it's coming to a reasonable conclusion…and I'm sure if the CDs do turn up Taxi will come back and post.

Merry Christmas and all that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

To reconcile this I will make a donation to RNLI of 7.50

All this for £7.50, seriously was that the value of the sale?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

….and is it really sensible to be talking about sending out illegal mp3's now?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘I'm really cheesed off with a Classifieds seller’ is closed to new replies.