Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I'm playing in to the hands of the haterz, but here goes… (Audi/Thule content)
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Afternoon all

Taking delivery of an A4 Avant shortly. Anyone know if you need the long T-pieces or any other additional parts to allow Thule 591s to fit the Audi roof bars?

Thanks

golfcurry
    Free Member

just the normal footpack on mine, no problems.

Brycey
    Free Member

I take it you are using Thule rather than Audi roof bars if you’ve got a foot pack? I’m looking to fix the 591s to Audi roof bars.

Ta

deluded
    Free Member

Brycey,

I’ve an 07 A4 Avant and have Thule Aero Bars and the appropriate Thule foot-pack for the car. Nothing else is needed.

HTH.

scaredypants

On my Q7 v12 I’ve had to get a footpack specially made from emeralds and swan feathers. The standard ones couldn’t withstand the withering contempt when I got above 4000 revs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have the same set up as deluded. Though I’m surprised he hadn’t scammed himself a set of posh Audi bars.

Brycey
    Free Member

Any reason not to get the Audi ones over Thule aero? I found the factory ones were a better fit on my old motor.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any reason not to get the Audi ones over Thule aero?

Well, the one thing is they don’t look as nice I think – because the A4 requires the next size up over the ones I had previously (Bimmer 1-series…in fact haven’t we emailed about bars before Brycey?), there is quite the overhang which while not looking the tidiest, I put up with as stuff tends to be more cross compatible with Thule bars than with individual manufacturers’ (as you no doubt found with the Bimmer jobbies, if you bought them).

Brycey
    Free Member

Ha, yes we did DD! New job equals new brand of distasteful German car. Ordered some Audi ones this afternoon.

Thanks for your advice then and now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No worries mush.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I'm playing in to the hands of the haterz, but here goes… (Audi/Thule content)’ is closed to new replies.