Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • i'm off to weightwatchers this morning
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

(with a patient… honest)

The temptation to buy some chocolate and sit at the front commenting on how delicious it is… well it’s almost overwhelming!

Fingers crossed i can steal some cheeky weight loss tips without paying 😈

binners

But you’re looking great at the moment Phil……

wwaswas

Karinofnine

oh yeah, the old ‘it’s for a mate’ excuse lol

(btw I’ve met you, there’s more fat on a greasy chip) 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do the fat face Phil… you know you want to..

piha
    Free Member

Just sit at the back and observe whilst partaking of a light snack…….

philconsequence
    Free Member

well that was…. ummmm…. how to put it politely?

A room full of chunky ladies making polite but judging faces at each other, making light-hearted excuses for all the ‘little slip ups’ over the week whilst silently judging each other. A group leader who regurgitated made up facts whilst forgetting that most of the women in the room would’ve seen the Heston Blumenthal thingy where he served people stale popcorn and it wasn’t in fact a scientific study as she stated it was.

i can’t believe these ladies paid 6pounds to get weighed and be given a poorly thought out speech that focused more on selling weightwatchers overpriced products as solutions to all their eating habits than addressing the reason the people paying to be there have those habits!

thomthumb
    Free Member

how would you improve it though?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

To improve it put the scales at the top of a few steps. Bit of exercise wouldn’t hurt.

camo16
    Free Member

The meeting takes place on trampolines. Cream buns and stale cheeseburgers are lobbed at anyone who can’t get on said trampoline.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Running machines, nakedness, mirrors.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I imagine I’d percieve it as an improvement if i was being paid to talk rubbish at people 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

how would i improve it?

well for a start… suggest some gentle exercise, not recommend snacking in the middle of the night and maybe suggest… oh i dont know, having a pint of water instead?

did i mention recommending some kinda of exercise?!

and umm… well exercise.

there was ZERO, and i mean zero information given out about healthy nutrition or adjusting your lifestyle… it was purely ‘we need to lose weight so we can put it on again at christmas, buy our weightwatchers products to snack on instead of other snacks.

DezB
    Free Member

i can’t believe these ladies paid 6pounds to get weighed and be given a poorly thought out speech that focused more on selling weightwatchers overpriced products

I can! It’s one of the oldest “weight-loss” scams… they get rewarded if the scales show they’ve lost the weight of a Mars Bar in a week.

philconsequence
    Free Member

as mentally unwell as my patient is, he’s not mental enough to pay 6quid! he gets free vouchers from the GP, on the way out he made it clear he wouldn’t pay for it 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Methinks you forgot the reason the “schpeal” was directed at the fatties and the fact that the company make £££’ssss selling thier own products.. erm’ thats the point of it right, not to give simple, effective, common sense advice now is it..

Awe..

C’mon..

Don’t be cynical.

You really should have taken in a Pork Pie/Ginsters Pastie you could have made a small profit on it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

loving the irony that the only one who would not pay is the mental one

At work the ladies dont eat or drink all Tuesday ready for the weigh in at nigh , i supportively bring in cake 😀
    They have zero interest when I suggest excercise – I have tried to say the right things but they just dont want to hear it- they wont even park 15 mins walk away and walk in.
    They often ask me why I am slim despite eating loads 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Exercise isn’t the answer though, is it?
    They could train hard for 2 hours a day and maybe burn an extra 1000 calories. Most fatties need to address their diets first and foremost.

philconsequence
    Free Member

exercise is an effective part of a lifestyle change for the better though.

these ladies seemed to be ‘on a diet’ as opposed to having ‘changed their diet’

anyway, shut up yeti… you’re just angry cos you’re on crutches 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

Two sides of the same coin – eat less or use more calories or do both. Changing diet probably makes sense first but using more calories will help them still eat cake.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you guys not read the iDiet threads??

Anyway. Some people can’t exercise 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Anyway. Some people can’t exercise 🙁

What’s up with His Awesomeness then?

singletrackmind

I have 3 fatty friends who go to W.W.
    2 have lost a few stone each , and 1 nothing at all.
    1 changed nothing
    1 changed diet only
    1 changed diet and took up xc running
    They were all morbidly obese on the bmi scale , and the fat lad who lost nowt makes my scales go all the way round and onto lap 2.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Have you guys not read the iDiet threads

Not one word – I think i posted on one to say that does it count?

Karinofnine

Diet food – makes me cross. All those unfortunate people in the world who are dying for lack of food, any food, while we in the west have so much food and money that when we have stuffed our greedy lazy faces until we are fat we actually buy food that has fewer calories. How could you explain that to someone who was starving to death?
    Besides that, diets don’t work, they are a massive con.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

* polishes fingernails on chest *

I assume you’re talking about me?

Smashed my knee up, haven’t I 🙁 It’s twice the size of the other one. Currently I’m laid out on the sofa with my knee above my head with a packet of frozen peas on it. Hopefully I’ll be back in the pool in the next day or two… otherwise I’m going to see how far I can get on my crutches 🙂

Karinofnine

Diet food – makes me cross. All those unfortunate people in the world who are dying for lack of food, any food, while we in the west have so much food and money that when we have stuffed our greedy lazy faces until we are fat we actually buy food that has fewer calories. How could you explain that to someone who was starving to death?
    Besides that, diets don’t work, they are a massive con.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky… you don’t need to read them, but essentially some stuff is better for you to eat and will help with weight loss without really restricting calorie intake.

IMO to get proper fat you have to eat a lot, watching Supersize/Superskinny this morning reminded me that proper fatties eat enough to sustain a TDF rider.

The program did also make me wonder about the proximity between iDieting and having an eating disorder… it would seem that a lot of the things I say are close to the words of an anorexic 😯

organic355
    Free Member

My wife lost over 50 pounds doing weight watchers and i lost a stone doing it on and off.

I really believe it works and the recipe books are actually quite good, still cook a lot from them even though the wife is at her goal weight and not attending class anymore.

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it I say!

cinnamon_girl

TSY – oh no, poor you. 🙁 Healing vibes being sent from the SW. I’m waiting on a shoulder op, boo hoo, scabs are now dropping off but not from my face. 😯

Don’t forget that some folk have an underactive thyroid and it can be extremely difficult to get taken seriously by a GP.

Junkyard
    Free Member

essentially some stuff is better for you to eat and will help with weight loss without really restricting calorie intake.

Waht is this withcraft you speak of?

As I vegan I have no need to diet – Ag MTG shows No vegan can be anything but an XC whippet boy .

Is there abrief precise anywhere?
    Get well soon

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky – I can’t imagine the cakes you bring in are much of a temptation 😀

As a vegan the iDiet would just mean dropping ‘white’ carbs except after exercise and stop eating fruit.

Have one cheat day where you eat anything you like. I could e-mail you the cover sheet of course 🙂

You still thinking of joining me for a 200 miler?

milkyman
    Free Member

my gf goes to weight watchers/ fat club as we call it, she likes going and is loseing weight slowley

if it works for her and she doesnt mind, whats 6 quid

if i said lets go out on our bikes on a shabby night to night I know its not her bag

live and let live

supertramp
    Free Member

what no fat vegans?
    but is it because naturally thin people are more likely to become vegans?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘i'm off to weightwatchers this morning’ is closed to new replies.