Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Im off to see Take That tonight..
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

And I’m a little bit scared!!

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2382690,00.html

alpin
    Free Member

i think those have eaten take that.

oh, and i pity you.

PGreen
    Free Member

Im off to see Take That tonight..

What did you do wrong? 😯

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s a good show but he music is funnily enough garbage.

binners

I trust you’ll be calling in some serious favours inreturn? New bike?

racefaceec90

nobody deserves that sort of torture 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

I quite like some of their music it can be quite fun and enjoyable and its not serious.

Some of the women that are going seem to have mistaken it for a hen party! Hen partys scare me too.

Mrs Ache is worried what to wear but after seeing that I think I will do fine in the shorts and shirt I have on at the moment.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I went to one in Manchester recently – my sister-in-law had a spare ticket and I figured there would be a lot of women…

It was worth going for the Robbie Williams bit – as much as it pains me to say it, he’s a brilliant live performer.

The rest of the show was a bit dull in places, but the set is amazing. Well worth going whether you like them or not.

DezB
    Free Member

Well worth going whether you like them or not

What if you really f*^&ing HATE them? Still worth a punt?

binners

What if you really f*^&ing HATE them? Still worth a punt?

You could always rig up a makeshift suicide belt and charge towards the stage. Then again, imagine what they’d do to you if they thought you were going to hurt a hair on Robbie’s heads

It’d be proper lynch mob time. Maybe not eh?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If only Villa could create that much excitement?

Might drag myself along to opening day, . . but not holding out much hope!

DezB
    Free Member

They probably get that all the time binners

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mrs wrightyson is going as a spare ticket came up last minute with 12 others in a mini bus! She’s then going to surprise her sister who’s also there by just ringing her and saying where shall me and the girls meet you, surprise! That all sounds good but said sister has gone with husband and it will suddenly be much to his surprise that he’s now on an impromptu hen do type of thing!! 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

wrightyson its a good job my SIL isnt married I would really be worrying right now!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I went to Manc with Mrs FD. As above RW was by far the best bit of the show, some of the lighting effects and the robot thing were very impressive.

Dont worry there will be other men there too… in fact I was surprised how many blokes were there, mainly with gf’s/wives.

CountZero

The rest of the show was a bit dull in places, but the set is amazing. Well worth going whether you like them or not.

What could possibly induce someone who dislikes TakeThat to go to a show, when you’ve just said

The rest of the show was a bit dull in places, but the set is amazing

‘Damned with faint praise’ springs to mind. The only reason I would be going would be to accompany a g/f who didn’t have a g/f to go with. I certainly wouldn’t part with any cash for a ticket or transport.
    Now a Kylie show, that’s a different matter…
    (…and I ain’t gay or owt). 😆

somafunk

A little Take That” related story….that ended bad…..

I went out wi a bunch of friends back at the start of june and it turned out that it was a kinda blind date mugging for me, to be fair the night started extremely well as we all went to a decent dirty/authentic spanish bar, good music, decent wine etc..etc, i talked bout my work and she seemed genuinely interested (i’m a speciality chocolatier), she talked about her work (architect) and how she first got into it through working as a town planner in Barcelona and trying to change the built environment for the good of the people, she was really passionate about her work which i greatly admired and to be honest it helped enormously that she was very attractive, mid 30’s, very slim and fit, poker strait long dark hair, spanish/english parents, olive skinned and the loudest most natural laugh i’ve heard in a long time – we got on like a proverbial house on fire and the conversation eventually turned onto musical tastes. Being a man i obviously jumped in first and as i talked about my varied taste and heros such as Gill Scot Heron, Dennis Coffey, Frank Zappa etc.., old skool stuff to start with as everyone has heard of them…right?, then i moved onto my so called alternative tastes such as Ritchie Hawtin, Joris Vorn, Graeme Clark, Silicone Soul and it was at this point that i realised i’d lost her as she hadn’t heard of any of these artists so i quickly turned the conversation back to her and asked what was her musical passion…..her eyes light up and she gushed “Take That” and proceeded to fill me in (bore me shitless) with all her tales of the many Take That concerts she had been to and how she loved Gary Barlow.and weren’t they fantastic?, i probably shouldn’t have drunk quite so much by this point but it was an involuntary cough which led to an outburst of “C’mon, your taking the **** pi$$ aren’t you?”.

Needless to say it went downhill very rapidly from there to the point where i ended up saying how can you expect to be taken seriously when you consider turgid noise like “Take That” to be music?, i got my coat and left pretty quickly.

Phew!…i consider that a lucky escape.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Soma, I’d consider that an almighty bollock dropped!! It’s all about the end game!! 🙄 😆

sc-xc

Phew!…i consider that a lucky escape.

I imagine she did as well. You sound like a terrible music snob.

donsimon
    Free Member

then i moved onto my so called alternative tastes such as Ritchie Hawtin, Joris Vorn, Graeme Clark, Silicone Soul

Who?
    (Should I consider this a lucky escape?)

Diane
    Free Member

And I thought I was picky! 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

why would you stand around around for a couple of hours enduring some shite ‘music’ just to look at some lights and a large animated figure?
    and why are most of the women there overweight?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Somafunk – you complete and utter tool.

bruneep

i’m a speciality chocolatier

i’m a speciality chocolatier chocolate 😉

never happened IMHO.

DezB
    Free Member

You sound like a terrible music snob.

You say that like it’s a bad thing

wrightyson
    Free Member

The wife rolled in at 1.15 am, banging the fookin toilet seat, waking me up, stinking of ale and has lost her phone. She reckoned it was boring 😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Soma – You sound like a few narrow minded music ‘lovers’ who try to think that having the most niche musical tastes makes their appreciation of music so much more qualified than anyone elses who might for example like Take That.

People can like whatever music they like and your narrow minded approach to music probably speaks volumes about your personal character, and probably hence why your architect did a runner!

“why would you stand around around for a couple of hours enduring some shite ‘music’ just to look at some lights and a large animated figure?”

The music wasnt shite it was ok, not brialliant, not bad. If the wife hadnt asked me to go with her I wouldnt have gone. To be fair the atmosphere was fantastic, probably the best I have seen at any concert, open your mind to things and the world will be a better place 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Soma – You sound like a few narrow minded music ‘lovers’ who try to think that having the most niche musical tastes makes their appreciation of music so much more qualified than anyone elses who might for example like Take That.

+
    People can like whatever music they like

= Makes no sense.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

DezB – it makes perfect sense if you read the OPs post. They have a “niche” taste in music and his overt music snobbery led to him cockblocking himself.

DezB
    Free Member

No it doesn’t – one sentence hes saying someone who likes music as varied as Gil Scott Heron and Richie Hawtin is “narrow minded”, then he’s saying people can like whatever they like.
    That. Doesn’t. Make. Sense.

(admittedly, somafunk comes across quite **** in his post)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well I went and it was surprisingly restrained, granted we had seats in the Holte end and wernt down on the pitch. It was the most plesant gig I have ever been to, I didnt get pi55ed on, no beer went over me, I didnt loose my shoes, and my top hadn’t changed colour due to being soaked in sweat! Even the toilets were clean!!!

There was a boring git in front of me (probably a mate of somafunk) that just sat there still for virtually the whole thing, the woman he was with looked right fed up with him.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Im off to see Take That tonight..’ is closed to new replies.