Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • I’m not very well today. Have I got Swine Flu?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Started off yesterday, had a bit of a cough. Felt quite tired by the evening. Woke up early this morning, feeling proper terrible. All the symptoms of ‘flu, for sure. I feel proper bastard today. Feel worse than what most of you look.

I jolly well have not had any form of ‘flu for years, just the odd cold in winter. This has knocked me for six; I ache all over, have a fever, me guts are far from ideal, and I jolly well have not even got the strength to argue with anyone on STW. Shame, ‘cos there’s a right meaty Burka thread, an’ all. 🙁

Any medical experts out there? How long have I got?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I jolly well have not even got the strength to argue

It really is serious. 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s even using mostly correct spelling! 😯

Quick, call for an ambulance!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracker1972
    Free Member

If it turns out to be swine flu can I give you the address of a school to visit? I fancy a week off (I will make myself scarce when you visit) 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve rung me GP’s surgery. Me doctor will be ringing me back in a bit.

I’ve had a read through the Swine Flu symptoms on the NHS website. I may just have a cough. I **** hope it’s nowt serious; I was with me mum yesterday, and she’s 72, so far more at risk from ill effects than me. Mind, she has a ‘flu jab every year; will that protect her a bit?

jon1973
    Free Member

will that protect her a bit?

not if it’s swine flu.

Spud

Have a look on our website http://www.hpa.org.uk/ go for accurate advice if you’re really concerned. I’d rather have it now than in winter mind! oddly enough the symptoms are like normal flu!

‘Swine’ flu is affecting the young more than the old – hence the numbers in schools, your GP should be able to advise you over the phone accroding to certain strict criteria.

hilldodger
    Free Member

It’s not really swine flu as it hasn’t yet been found in pigs 😉
    more accurately H1N1, mebbe Mexican flu or even Scotch flu as it’s killed more Scots than pigs……….

Spongebob
    Free Member

mebbe Mexican flu or even Scotch flu as it’s killed more Scots than pigs

😆 no comment!

Snap out of it Rudeboy!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Panic over!

Just spoken to me doctor (she’s lovely, she really is), and we think it’s more likely to be a cold, rather than owt more serious. I was just a bit alarmed at how quickly it took hold, and how rough I felt early this morning. I do feel a little better now, but I’m going to rest up; still not fit enough to argue with anyone on STW. I’ve been told to stay indoors, out of contact with others, but that may just be a general recommendation, rather than one related to this particular ailment.

I know you’re all very concerned, what with the Recession and everything, but I’ll keep youse all informed with any updates, as and when necessary.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good. Now get stuck into the Burka Thread you workshy git. 😉

GJP
    Free Member

I have also had some really nasty flu type virus this week that has pretty much wiped me out since Monday. I was suprised by the severity of it given it is June and 25 degrees outside. Had no stomach problems though. I can never recall being so ill in the summer.

I had forgotten about Swine Flu but then checked my symptoms on some government online tool etc and it told me to phone 999 for an ambulance straight away FFS. Seem to be on the mend now.

headfirst
    Free Member

a cold….MTFU

tankslapper
    Free Member

MAN FLU! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hamthrax

RudeBoy
    Free Member

MAN FLU!

Surely not? 😯

OMG; now I’m really worried… 🙁

tankslapper
    Free Member

Don’t worry Rude – it’s worse when women have it! 😉

toby1

From what I’ve read this flu attacks those with a healthy immune system, so I plan to keep attacking mine with alcohol as hard as I can till this all blows over! (Local college has been closed as there are a couple of cases so I assume the whole town is doomed :P)

nickc

A doctor mate has suggested to me that if you’re really really feeling shite, then it’s probably not swine flu, which seems on the whole* to be not really that bad at the minute

* with the usual caveats of being an otherwise healthy person etc etc

ski
    Free Member

Our local school is closed because of swine flu, playground parents gossip say sickness and vomiting as well as flu symptoms apparently.

You not been sick have RB?

Then at work, we get a delivery guy turning up yesterday, coughing like mad dog, saying Handsworth is the place to go if you want a dose.

He managed to clear the office, well I thought it was funny at the time, good old Brum seance of humour for you 😉

WackoAK
    Free Member

RB – just to be on the safe side I think you should visit the vet and ask to be “put to sleep”. It’s for the best…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t believe you phoned your GP because you’ve got a cold 😯

You big soft soppy div.

roblerner
    Free Member
    TN
    Free Member

I have similar symptoms and even I didn’t ring my GP – and I have been coughing so hard I puked. You great big girls blouse!!
    😉

On the down side, husband is away at the moment so I have no one to make suffer with me. Damn. Lucky escape for him though…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I am feeling slightly better today. Slept most of yesterday, tbh. Trouble was, my body’s cooling system weren’t working propply; I was getting very overheated. I’ve been drinking plenty, of course, but din’t seem to sweat. About 5am this morning, woke up all sweaty and hot/cold, so that’s better. Going for a wee quite a bit, which means I’m having enough fluids. My urine is a fair bit darker than usual, mind. 😯

Had the coughing/puking thing a bit earlier. Nasty.

I only rang the GP to be on the safe side. Can’t be too careful, with all these nasties floating around.

I expect I’ll be feeling a lot better by tomorrow. Possibly even back up to arguing strength. As for ‘M’ingTFU’, I’ll recover a lot quicker than most of you pansies. I’ll probbly be right as rain by Monday.

And then you’d better watch out…

TN
    Free Member

Glad you are feeling better today – I am too, apart from the headache that won’t go away. 🙁 I have also been drinking lots of water/orange juice, thinking I was dehydrated, but it didn’t help. The coughing/puking thing is horrible but it appears I am about a day ahead of you, so you’ll be pleased to know that seems to have gone away now. Still coughing but not with the same ferociousness, thank god – my ribs are killing…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m onto the sneezing/runny nose bit now. Still a bit achey and feverish. My next-door neighbours have very kindly offered to cook for me, and get anything I might need in for me, which is lovely of them. Trouble is, I went shopping on Thursday, and have loads of stuffs in. I just don’t have much of an appetite. 🙁

Only had the cough/puke thing once this morning. Think it was because of all the phlegm that had settled on me chest overnight. The cough has subsided a lot. Left me chest and throat feeling raw, though.

My immune system seems to be fighting back well. I tend to recover quicker than most people, from things like this, anyway. I’m just fed up and pissed off, that I’m housebound. Had lots planned for this weekend, but all ruined now. 🙁 And I fear I may miss Monday night’s footie. Boo!

There’s just been an awesome storm here in London. Thunder, lightning, torrential rain, the lot. I welcome it, as it’s cleared the air up dramatically. Should be a lot fresher and cooler this evening, thankfully.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My immune system seems to be fighting back well.

What do you mean …………. you’re not going to die ?

😐

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, not yet, Ernie. But thanks for your sensitive, sympathetic and supportive comments all the same…

By tomorrow I should be at the ‘cabin fever’ stage; sat at home bored and pissed off I can’t go out or do anything exciting.

Problem is, I’ve gone and bought a load of quite rich foods, which I’m just not up to eating right now. Stuff like seafood salad, sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, squid, anchovies, chorizo, etc. Not exactly what you want, when you’re not feeling tickety boo. I could manage some scrambled egg, but alas, have none in. I fear I may have to drag my coughing, sneezing diseased carcass from my death bed, to the local shop. I’m also out of milk.

I may try a beer or two later. Beer is nourishing and healthy.

Merlinman

Perhaps Michael Jackson’s personal physician could pop round and help you out?

I’m sure a whip round here would raise more than enough cash 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

(Any hot n cold fevers? Flu.)

Then it’s a cold or stress related.

Feel crap and warmish, sore throat and Stuffy/runny dose-what I have now. Yes it sucks but you’ll be fine.

Get some food and Rest, you’ll be causing trouble/Robin Hood on the forum in no time bud. 😀

RB 2morro: and just as annoying ;O)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m sure a whip round here would raise more than enough cash

What, you into some sort of charidee fund-raising bondage scene? How very strange…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Appetite’s returning. I’m having some beef Hula Hoops now. Mind, I’m far from right; I went to put them in the freezer, instead of a Walls Solero! 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, squid, anchovies, chorizo, etc.

ffs ………. no wonder you’re ill – what you want to eat all that foreign muck for ? 😕

…..beer, Hula Hoops, & Walls Solero, and you’ll be as right as rain mate 8)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m going to cook the mint and mango lamb burgers what I got in Waitrose t’other day. They should sort me right out.

And I jolly well have not yet eaten any of that ‘foreign muck’, as you call it, so what’s that got to do with my illness?

You’re just a racist. Why so nasty, when I’m so ill? Not very nice, is it?

johnners
    Free Member

I can’t believe they let the likes of you in Waitrose. This country’s going to hell in a handcart.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so what’s that got to do with my illness?

Oh yeah right …….. you know all about ‘healthy eating’ do you ?

So tell me, what sort of idiot gets a cold in June then, ffs ? 😕

And how the **** is sticking up for British food ‘racist’ ? 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……… the problem with you organic free-range Waitrose shoppers, is that you’re ashamed of your culture

🙁

CountZero

RB, did you check to see if you had a rasher all over your body?
    Sorry.
    …coat.

polarisandy
    Free Member

Heard some research recently that proposed oestrogen protected from the wort of the flu’s symptoms…

so man flu exists..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘I’m not very well today. Have I got Swine Flu?’ is closed to new replies.