Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I'm not sure what message this sends….
  • alpin
    Free Member

I know, he hates paid to ride for and promote the brand, but still…. [video]https://youtu.be/LxYFEGgH0pk[/video]

What is he trying to say…?

“I’m past it and now need the help of a motor?”

Or… “I’ve sold out.”

mikekay
    Free Member

May be he’s just riding a bike that his sponsors have given him, most DH’ers never pedal up hill any way so whats the differance.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Or maybe “our e-bikes are pretty amazing, look how much fun it’s possible to have on one if you like that sort of thing”?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Made me want to buy one.

So probably something to do with that.

Drac

That riding bikes is fun?

mark88

I’m past it and now need the help of a motor

How do you think riders normally get to the top of the hill in DH videos? They certainly aren’t riding up.

I enjoyed that, and an e bike would make dh much more appealing if it saved me from a 30 minute push up for a 3 minute run.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Why has he ‘sold out’ ?

What makes you think he is past it?

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve had a go at a friends Haibike and it’s a right laugh. Way he sees it is he’s not competing against anyone, so it just means he can get more down hills in, and it makes the long climbs more fun.

His missus was in a bad car accident last year and is still recovering. She’s just bought one too, so it’s helping her get back on the bike!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I see a dude having fun on a bike.

Whats with all the negative waves?

oldtalent
    Free Member

That looks brilliant & is no doubt the future as all the gubbins get smaller & lighter.

andyl
    Free Member

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun and who gives a crap if by fitting an electric motor you can climb steeper stuff for climb and ride for longer?

Is it really an different to people buying full suspension bikes and bikes with stupidly expensive, long travel suspension and light weight carbon frames and wheels? The suspension lets you ride stuff you wouldnt be able to on more basic bike and the light weight bits are not dissimilar to electric assist on a heavier bike.

Being able to stay out for hours longer and climb steeper stuff sounds like helping you do what mountain biking biking is all about to me as I’m nt interesting in racing or getting lifts, I want to go out all day and enjoy myself.

holst
    Free Member

Shocking. Bet he doesn’t even own a tie.

Northwind

Looks good to me. Says “ebikes aren’t just for fat useless lazy people as internet h8ers would have you believe”.

mattbee

They need to focus on the DH market more now anyway as the CX revenue stream may well have dried up.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looked great.

It’s about time we had more of these vids showing what can be done on them instead of the normal “boring long slog up hill is all i want it for” vids rattling youtube these days.

Moar plz.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

😀

Wantz.

bigjim

looks good, must be a pretty powerful motor!

jimdubleyou

I’m fat and lazy. Can I still buy one or is it just for people with the gnar?

sharkattack

Looks like a mint day out. What a playground. I’d ride it.

Northwind

bigjim – Member

looks good, must be a pretty powerful motor!

He is but I think he’s getting a bit of help from the bike too

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I was chatting to a bloke the other week who had an ebike back home. Had various health issues which had stopped him mountain biking years ago after having ridden for years. Ebikes now mean he can ride again, something which he thought was unlikely to happen again. So fair play I say.

Macavity
    Free Member

allan23
    Free Member

Not quite there yet, still struggling with the pedals.

It is in the back of my mind that one day an eBike will help me stay out in the fresh air longer.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I'm not sure what message this sends….’ is closed to new replies.