Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I'm Not Saying Ramblers Are Out Of Touch…
  • mintimperial

…but the two old buffers I met out on my ride today were rather perplexed to discover that the train they had been hoping to catch home had been cancelled. And the station they were aiming for was shut. And the line had been ripped up. In 1964.

They were quite chirpy about it though, said their map was “a bit old” and could see the funny side. They sounded a bit surprised about the M62 as well, but were looking forward to a nice long walk to the nearest station in Rochdale, bless ’em. 😀

Anyway, had good day out on the bike despite the mud and standing water everywhere, much better than being in work:

(Torrential downpour just out of shot.)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

1964! Lol. My TomTom seems to be similarily out of date!

Good on em for the positive attitude!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

…but the two old buffers I met out on my ride today were rather perplexed to discover that the train they had been hoping to catch home had been cancelled. And the station they were aiming for was shut. And the line had been ripped up. In 1964.

What a corker 😆 Somehow it doesn’t surprise me though.

grtdkad

Love it. Theres a few of them around here like that!

justatheory
    Free Member

Where’s that? Looks grand.

Clover

Looks like somewhere round our way on the Mary Townley … can’t work out the station though… go on, tell us…

mintimperial

It’s Readycon Dean Reservoir above Denshaw. Not on the MTL itself, but on the Pennine Bridleway and not far off…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I'm Not Saying Ramblers Are Out Of Touch…’ is closed to new replies.