Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I'm not in favour of capital punishment, but……
  • nickc

How does this help at all?

vinnyeh

They were cleared of murder.
    Which of the charges that they were found guilty of would be appropriately served with capital punishment?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

not sure what your point is druidh. You're either for it or not.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Do you feel that its appropriate to 'debate' something as horrendous as this on here? And vinnyeh, are you serious?

jon1973
    Free Member

Do you feel that its appropriate to 'debate' something as horrendous as this on here?

I don't see why not.

And vinnyeh, are you serious?

Neither of them were convicted of murder (like it or not) – so even if we did have capital punishment, they certainly wouldn't be eligible.

vinnyeh

I was saying that any execution order must be tied to one of the charges they were found guilty of. I don't think any of those charges merit that particular punishment.

If they had been found guilty of murder then I may have a different opinion, but the fact remains they weren't.

G
    Free Member

Usual STW mass debate follows:-

They are victims too

Hang em, stick hot pokers up their butt holes, kill – stab – maim

NAZI

Soft Liberal Bed Wetting Bar Steward

Its Maggies Fault

Going over to the Dark Side's Whats done it

Now can we talk about something else ?

grumm
    Free Member

Don't worry I'm sure now they'll get lynched anyway.

tankslapper
    Free Member

This could be a long day……

Thread is 6 replies long and already the STW Massive is arguing over whether it should be a thread at all! 🙄

Capital punishment would mean they couldn't breed again at least….I think you could make a good case about their 'eligibility'. Besides when they get out of jail they'll now have to be given new identities etc etc at even more cost to the British tax payer

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course, this is all a result of Thatcher's policies.

😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I know they werent convicted of murder (like it or not doesnt actually come in to it). What is without doubt is that all four people present in the house were either responsible for or complicit in the torture and death of a baby, and no matter what sentences / punishments were recieved, thats never going to change. What pisses me off is the fact that there will always be people ready to have a 'debate' about cases such as this, either wanting to take the moral high ground or wanting to bring back capital punishment. After all the farting around arguing with one another, we seem to miss the most salient point, which is the sad fact that a little boy died in the most sordid and horrendous circumstances, and little or nothing was done to minimise the risk.

tankslapper
    Free Member

bm

There is truth in what you say – unfortunately the sad fact is there are hundreds if not thousands of children at risk within the U.K. at this very minute

This thread is as useless as Question Time, Newsnight or the plethora of 24 hour news schizzel we are bombarded with – so what's your point again?!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tankslapper – dont patronise me by telling me there are thousands of kids at risk in the UK at this very minute – I am only too aware of that fact, due to (very) personal reasons. I think were pretty much saying the same thing, in that neither of us feel this is a particularly useful or appropriate thread.

tankslapper
    Free Member

BM – no patronising intended

WackoAK
    Free Member

Cynic mode – this justs put the focus on the assailants and takes away the heat from the failure of the social services?

sofatester
    Free Member

Cynic mode – this justs put the focus on the assailants and takes away the heat from the failure of the social services?

Cynic mode on here as well +1

MikeT-23
    Free Member

My tuppence worth?

I don't want to see my taxes being spent on providing them with new identities.

Schweiz
    Free Member

So now they've been "unmasked", the taxpayer will need to pay millions to give them new identities and provide them protection once they get out of prison in a few years…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Social services did cock up, but the horrible bastards that perpetrated the crime have to be held responsible, surely? Anyway, cant cope with this right now, I'm off out on the bike.

enfht
    Free Member

There's no disputing that the paltry sentences handed out were utterly despicable.

I say make them rot in isolation for life, no telly, no treats but it ain't gonna happen is it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I'm not in favour of capital punishment, but……’ is closed to new replies.