Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • I'm not a God botherer, but…..
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

The most interesting thing in the last flurry of posts was being urged to examine my values (after some thought, I agree), so that is what I’m doing.

This will, of course, significantly affect how I deal with the rest of it, if anybody’s interested. Or not – “not” being the more likely outcome, I would imagine.

Laters.

alex222
    Free Member

i’m pretty sure ghandi like to touch small people, both girls and boys. he’s a fine example of religious hipocracy. just like all the others. what did he do for the world oh yeah sweet fa.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

alex – perhaps you should learn to spell. And to think. 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Bear with me, I’ll get back when I’ve got time for detailed rebuttals.

Posted 1 day ago

Mr Woppit – Member

Laters.

Posted 2 hours

I’m waiting nervously in anticipation 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for an answer to my question, so I wouldn’t hold yer breath.

i’m pretty sure ghandi like to touch small people, both girls and boys. he’s a fine example of religious hipocracy. just like all the others. what did he do for the world oh yeah sweet fa.

Ooh doctor we’ve found something!

What can it be?

It’s like a brain, only smaller… 😆

CountZero

I’ve seen a flatworm with better powers of reasoning than alex222.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Talking of flatworms………its a little known fact that Gandhi has such short legs, that his feet couldn’t reach the pedals on his bike.

As a consequence, he had to get someone else to pedal his bike for him….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s not Ghandi; it’s Robert Mugabe. He’s mislaid his glasses, so he’s hitched a ride with a BBC foreign broadcast unit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i dont understand Whoppits post is he going to have a think? If so I commned him not many on here do this as we they are a bit set in their ways.
    To complete the circle can I claim the pic is desmond ascending to heaven on a ss rigid without a helmet mmmm what tyres?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, I’m having a think. I may be some time.

BermBandit
    Free Member

The Gandhi thing is quite interesting. Its difficult to argue with a lot of what he said, however on on of my many trips to India I was chatting to a very thoughtful academic about the impact of the British Raj and how emabaressed I felt to be British in that context. After a pause he turned to me and said don’t be so ridiculous, can you imagine what a mess we would be in now had it not been for the Raj, you only have to look as far as Afgahnistan to see the truth of that. That was several years before the current troubles there. I thought about that a lot for a long time, and the truth is that India as such never actually existed as a state prior to the Raj, it was a series of kingdoms riven with all sorts of intrigue and infighting, almost perpetually at war, and generally not the most pleasant place for the average fella in the street to be.

I’m not saying he was right, but it does put some of what Gandhi said into a slightly different perspective.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not really sure what your point is re Afghanistan- see great game and the three wars for our role there – are you claiming it would be better if we had ruled them as well?
    [Goodwin warning]
    Like arguing that Hitler helped the jews as without the holocaust there would not have been a Jewish state.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Nope, I’m just saying that a smart local fella was saying that India would not necessarily be a wonderful place full of sweetness and light had the British Raj not occurred, and thats not really something that had occurred to me as such.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘I'm not a God botherer, but…..’ is closed to new replies.