Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I'm near Gloucester Rd tube – where should I eat tonight?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Been to Nando’s already 😉

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Comptoir Libannais at South Kenn. A few other places around the station there

Andy_B

Franco Manca for pizza, Brindisa for tapas (bit pricier than nandos though)

theflatboy
    Free Member

Franco Manca

Thread closed.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

+1 for Brindisa, forgot that

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dino’s has closed, would have been ideal. 🙁

L’etranger on Gloucester Road is rather nice.

molgrips
    Free Member

I only want a quick bite or a takeaway mind, haven’t got time or inclination for a full sitdown meal.

bikebouy
    Free Member

McDonalds then ?

Andy_B

Franco then, should be done in under 20 mins, oddonnos afterwards for ice cream

wallop

Shakfuyu in Covent Garden. Oh. My. God.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just went for a run, came back past South Ken and there was a queue outside Francos.. sod that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I only want a quick bite or a takeaway mind, haven’t got time or inclination for a full sitdown meal.

Head up to Partridge’s and purvey a sandwich from them, then.

molgrips
    Free Member

*googles Partridges*

Is this a wind-up? How posh do you think I am?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a nice deli, close to where you are, that sells very, very good sarnies for about the same price as your shitty Nandos cost you last night. What’s not to like?

FWIW, I travel a lot for work, so often find myself in your predicament. As a result, I wouldn’t be yanking your chain, as there’s little worse than being that sad lonely bloke, starving in his hotel room flicking endlessly through review sites trying to find somewhere to eat! 🙂

Oh, and if you’re after breakfast tomorrow, Cafe Deco just over the road from Partridge’s is a delight.

hammerite
    Free Member

GBK round the corner?

molgrips
    Free Member

🙂

I found what looks like a bona fide American Diner called The Diner, that would be breakfast sorted if I were going to have any.

And I like Nandos.. but really only the wings. You can get good low GI sides too.

Solo
    Free Member

I’m near Gloucester Rd tube – where what should I eat tonight?

molgrips – Member
    *googles Partridges*
    Is this a wind-up? How posh do you think I am?

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    It’s a nice deli, close to where you are, that sells very, very good sarnies for about the same price as your shitty Nandos cost you last night. What’s not to like?

😆
    Londonites, trying to out London each other. It’s an amusement that never ends, Brilliant.

Please continue.
    🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neither of us live in London, but don’t let that worry you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Heading off to the American diner, cos it’s close and possibly likely to be quick.

Still haven’t prepped for tomorrow yet. Client wants to upgrade product. Product versions are fully compatible. And they want a day’s workshop for me to tell them to just copy the new files over.

Solo
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Neither of us live in London, but don’t let that worry you.

And you think I didn’t already know that?

My point was people who think they know London. IME are all too keen to show off and enter into conversation with other Londonites which usually results in anyone else present keeping silent with a slightly bemused look on their faces.

It’s not because Londonites have such a superior knowledge of the city. But just bewilderment at folk thinking it’s so cool/impressive.
    Frankly, it’s not.

I was born there and lived there. So what?
    🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Have you been drinking, Solo, out of interest?

davidr

If you can face the tube then I love a place called Dishoom in Covent Garden

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My point was people who think they know London.

Someone is in a part of town I, and others, know, and asking for places to eat. We give recommendations.

You, I assume just had the chips. On your shoulders.

What a very odd point of view.

Solo
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Have you been drinking, Solo, out of interest?

Ah, interesting question, from someone who has claimed they don’t “drink” for an intolerance to the taste.

No. I’m just amused and bemused by those who think London is so cool/wonderful. >20 years ago I had friends going off to live and work in London. They’d come back months or even years later and bore the rest of us to death with their stories of living there. Honestly, Knowledge of London via working “on the road” or just living there. Really doesn’t impress as many people as you might believe. Sorry.
    🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Why on earth do you think I’m trying to impress anyone? There’s 10m people here, I’m hardly unique. Plus I don’t even live here.

I just wanted some suggestions of places to eat. Did I do something wrong?

tang
    Free Member

Cracking user name solo.

enfht
    Free Member

I hear the bins outside Byrons are sublime.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Gonna Hijack this. have fallen a little out of touch… My brother is in town tomorrow (London) so want to meet up for a few beers and a nosebag. there are a few people coming in from different areas which means Waterloo/South bank/Cov Gdn is the obvious a general area… Franco, Dishoom noted so far.

couple of years ago id have taken him to Meat Liquor or Wahaca, but im sure there must be newer alternatives knocking about now??

senorj

I’m impressed & the food is very tasty at that Comptoire Lebanese place. Try there next time perhaps ?
    🙂

benslow
    Free Member

FLORIS – round the corner from South Ken.

Fast turnover cracking little cafe selling basically any food you want – incl large breakfasts …

😆

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I'm near Gloucester Rd tube – where should I eat tonight?’ is closed to new replies.