Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Im missing home !!!!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all, just thought i would say hello as i havent been on for a while.

im down in the falklands and have been for the past 3 weeks.

whats been happening on here then?? anything interesting.

wish i had got my bike down here as there are some good tracks by thelooks of things. i thought it would get wrecked though so didnt bother!!

so im in the gym everyday instead training hard so when i get back it will help me on the bike a bit!!

oh well only another 3 months and a week to do!!

i missing my family big style though which isnt nice !! 😥

oh well

laters

steve

ton

what are you doing down there mate?

renton
    Free Member

Im in the RAF as one of gods chosen few (Armourer) servicing all the weapons down here and also im part of the bomb disposal team down here too!!

I was meant to be off to Afghanistan but it got changed at the last minute to the falklands!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mikeypies
    Free Member

Dont you mean Plumber? 🙂

Did you fly on a Timmy ?

When my mate was down there he managed to blag a trip to South Georgia to service the small arms (there are no weapons and his boss was clueless) and had fun blowing up unexploded stuff as well as fishing with det cord.

Have fun

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Send us some photos

notlocal
    Free Member

Are you working in the main AEF section, or in the dump? I was down there in 2000 (ex Squipper) I had a brilliant bunch of lads down there with me. Friday night in the bar used to be cracking, have they knocked it all on the head now? There used to be an MC chosen, who would then decide what theme to follow in the bar (think film stars/historical characters etc). It was then up to the guys to sort costumes out for the Friday night.

Do they still have a sheriff (duty sober NCO) in the bar? Ours was given a 4 foot diameter stetson and oversized star and six shooters, which had to be worn at all times when in the bar. The worst (w4nk)driver that week was also presented with a large cardboard Landrover, which they had to drive (wear) when in the bar.

Try to get out around the island when you can, it will make your time down there fly. Don't just mope around the accom.block.

grantway
    Free Member

I think thats a bit to much info Notlocal

piha
    Free Member

Chin up Steve.

Your doing a job out there in tough conditions, fair play to matey.
    Can you borrow a bike from somewhere, I seem to remember someone on here saying bikes were available to hire in Port Stanley? Be nice if you could post some photo's up too.

renton
    Free Member

thanks for all the kind replies fellas!!

im not going to mope around the block as that makes the time drag!!

got myself booked onto a battlefield tour to tumbledown next week so that should be interesting!!

not local , im part of aef but working out of kotes armoury(im kotes fng at the mo!!)

any mikeypies … yep im a plumber and i didnt fly down on a timmy as they are all knackered!!

ive seen piccies of one of the biking expeds and the bikes look like 50quid tesco specials!!

the pti has asked me to look into sorting out a load of pool bikes , he wants hybrids though!!

anyideas??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Im missing home !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.