Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I'm knackerd – Transwales or not?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I’m feeling a bit low and in need a holiday, My wife has had hip problems now for 3 years and its taking its toll on us I can tell you – I’m enrolled in the Transwales 4 day but having my doubts as to whether I’ll enjoy it being a bit sick of work and dog tired 🙁

or is it MTFU?

MSP

I pulled out last week, after doing the trans germany a couple of months ago, I just ran out of energy, hardly ridden since, changing jobs and bad weather have also played their part, every ride was becoming a training ride and it was all becoming a chore.

Withdrew on friday, went for a ride last night and felt much happier about it. Will still have next week off, do some riding for fun, maybe do a few days cycle touring.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps I’ll feel better after a few days off from work and some lay ins? 🙂

IdleJon

Foxyrider, I’ve been feeling the same this week, but that’s because of a chest infection and the fact that I haven’t been able to ride for a few weeks. The prospect of riding 50 miles a day has, at times, seemed ridiculous and I’ve thought that maybe having a week off work with nothing to do would be good.

But then sense sets in. I’ve had a week off work with nothing to do apart from feel sorry for myself. If I don’t ride TW next week, I’ve got a bike ready to go with new drivetrain that’s going to be wasted on my local trails. Kilvey Hill again? Yawn……

All I’m doing next week is riding my bike for a few hours a day. Across Wales. I don’t need to give myself a hammering. I can stop and take photos if I want. Stop to look at the scenery, wildlife, talk to other riders. In the evenings my brother and his girlfriend will be there for company so we can enjoy a couple of pints, and hopefully the weather will improve slightly and my wife and kids will follow the whole event so that I can cuddle them as well.

Looking at the course map, I’ll be riding parts of Wales I’m unlikely to get to in future with hopefully some great trails.

It’s just riding a bike. You’ll enjoy it when you get moving, and probably regret not entering the full TW when you get back to Builth next week.

Hopefully I’ll see you there.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Very true John – Merci!

davetrave
    Free Member

+1 for IdleJon’s comments, same boat as him with the injury thing (as we’ve discussed previously – the stroppy get… :lol:).

I’m riding it as a pair with no intention of being racy, just having a week of riding somewhere I’ve not been before, without having to deal with the tedium of an office and a desk and a boring job and to make up for the fact that before mid-June I’d not ridden for 6 months because I was stuck abroad at Her Majesty’s pleasure.

View it as a break from work and an opportunity to recharge your batteries in the fresh air – you say you need a holiday, so why not a riding holiday in Wales?!

See you there!

IdleJon

(as we’ve discussed previously – the stroppy get… :lol:).

Aah, I see that you know me already!! 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

OK so – just so that you can recognise me i’ll be on my White Kinesis XCPro3 and might look like this at the end 😉

nonk
    Free Member

i feel like death the week before every event i do.
    change is as good as a rest.

IdleJon

Great photo!

As I’ve already said on another thread – I’ll be the one in the ditch begging for gels and asking ‘how much further’?

(I did a running marathon last year, and once again my training was curtailed by a groin injury. One of the feedstop helpers was a little puzzled when I ran up, grabbed a lucozade and puffed, ‘It’s a hell of a long way, isn’t it?’ ‘How far did you think it was’, he asked!)

hughjengin
    Free Member

i feel like death the week before every event i do.
    change is as good as a rest.

I am usually the same too, personally I think the stress and anxiety of so desperatly not wanting to get ill, actually makes you feel ill !

You riding again Nonk ? I’d heard you were off the bike, we rode together a couple of years back locally (when my loony mate crashed over the fence onto the roof of that house 🙂 I am doing the Transwales this year with same said loony mate !!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I'm knackerd – Transwales or not?’ is closed to new replies.