Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I'm just about to "do a T.J."
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And ride home without my helmet on. Will I die? Do I care?

Sod it. It's warm and sunny and I just CANNOT be arsed.

😀

wwaswas

bye-bye.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes, I have "assessed the risk" too.

TJ – Just joking mate. Calm down! 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CALM DOWN!!!!!! I'll give you calm down you young whippersnapper you. Taking my name in vain.

Good grief! The youth of today! I think I'll write to the Guardian to complain

Wookster

No you'll be fine your skull will crush (crumple zone style) on the bonnet/ road curb choose one or more and prevent any rotational injuries to the brain and save you from certain death…….but not brain damage eh TJ 😉

robdob
    Free Member

Well I was going to do the same this very day as it's as hot as a spanked slab round here. But as I have to negotiate the crazy Leeds and Dewsbury main roads so I chickened out.

Plus the wife would shout at me and I might not get any tea. :-/

Andy

Good job robdob, otherwise there would be a brace of Poddys wiped out in an afternoon…

psychle
    Free Member

must be something in the air… I forgot my helmet this morning, so will be riding without on my commute to cricket this evening… wish me luck! 😯

julianwilson
    Free Member

[My nan] Will you give the forum 'three rings' to say you've got home safely? [/My nan]

_tom_
    Free Member

I was "hardcore" and rode without a helmet today – only went and crashed didn't I?! Overshot a jump and landed halfway up the take-off of the next. Luckily my head was safe but knees are much worse for wear. Going to buy some pads soon as I don't enjoy losing chunks of skin. Helmet will always be worn from now on 0_0

robdob
    Free Member

I'm not a poddy. I'm a Dob.

Poddys are slightly taller, more eccentric and need more cake to keep them going.

I wore a helmet, I am home safe. However I am as hot as a badgers nadger so it's not all good.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh – and if you really want to do TJ your bike must be assembled from an eclectic if not eccentric collection of parts.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I'll give you calm down you young whippersnapper you. Taking my name in vain

ahem

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😳 Hoist by my own petard

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I'm just about to "do a T.J."’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts