Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • I'm in a grump…come join me…
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

Well I’m grumpy AND unemployed! the two are possibly connected 😡

MoreCashThanDash

@TheDoctor – but you are back in work August 23rd?

tomhoward

impropmtu few beers last night with a mate who was unexpectedly in the area.

got in at 4 this morning.

new team leader in super excited ‘lets make this a really fun day’ mood

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Mine started last night. Was having a great ride home then with 30miles under my belt and 10 to go, the old Pedestrian Two Step dance was enacted on the cycle path taking me out, buckled my front wheel and left me with a very sore jaw. Was forced to make the “call of shame” to get me home.
    Today Edinburgh is in Festival/Tattoo mode, takes 3 times as long to get anywhere and the knobend security jackets for the tattoo are outside now shouting at the tourists. Welcome to Edinburgh, now **** off!
    I paid a shade under £200 for a new back wheel and they dont even include a fn skewer, but did include two spokes, what do I do with them then?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Feeling like shit been a couple of weeks now without a ride and now think whatever is wrong with me is gone to my chest. Got a new Garmin and Sidi Shoes that have not had an outing and making me even more miserable. Going through some malt whiskey at a rate of knots for medicinal purposes and that’s also making me feel worse as I can’t ride the extra calories from it off.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

@ MoreCashThanDash – Member

– but you are back in work August 23rd?

Unfortunately not, unless i find a new job before then!

bearnecessities

New work-supplied car is an insignia. A ******* insignia.

Time to butter up enterprise lass/lad (whatever it takes in times like this).

danbo
    Free Member

Denied promotion again for third time. Very grumpy. Time for a new job.

seadog101

I was really looking forward to doing the ‘Ard Rock Enduro tomorrow.

But my back has gone all spasm-like after sitting too long in the car for the past few days and I can hardly move without making old man noises, and it’s going to p*** down the whole weekend.

I am a joy right now.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m grumpy that I can’t join you in your grumpy moods.

I love being grumpy me

But

Last day for two and a bit weeks… first Woolacoombe then Crete

De-mob

See ya…… Grumpsters

ElShalimo

bearnecessities – Member 

Time to butter up enterprise lass/lad (whatever it takes in times like this).

Be careful where you put the butter. Take photos anyway

bearnecessities

I’m counting on where the butter goes. Photos are part of the blackmail negotiations.

MoreCashThanDash

Ah, so you are not The Doctor then, are you?

DrP

I’m in one of these at the mo – courtesy hire car..
    Nice spec, but gutless engine (2l TDI). And no parking sensors. Harumph..

DrP

ElShalimo

Pah! STW alpha make types don’t need parking sensors

birky
    Free Member

Had hoped to get out on the bike tonight cos the forecast tomorrow is rubbish but instead I’ve been lying on the sofa with a sore stomach. Meh!

northernmatt

My grump began yesterday an hour after I’d left Antur Stiniog. Got to the M56 and all hell broke loose. Turned a 4h drive into a 6 and a half hour one. Back into work today coming down from yesterday’s adrenaline high to a job I’m only doing for the next two weeks until I hand my notice in. No motivation whatsoever.

boblo
    Free Member

Errrm I seem to be in the wrong thread. I’m quite chirpy me, nothing to complain about and my lovely new Reynolds Assault wheels turned up today so gear freakery is on the agenda. /smuggit

grumpyrs

My username says it all 😉

simmy
    Free Member

My local is closing down to be converted into an Indian Resturant. I’m teetotal, but I think the heart of what’s left of our community around here is being ripped out.

It’s only last year another pub was demolished with planning permission for flats to be built and now it’s never gone through and is just wasteground.

Had a decent ride out this afternoon as I finished work at 1pm, the rain came along and I chickened out on the way home as my light was running low on battery so jumped on the train and no one asked me for any payment…….

benji
    Free Member

Come on guys grump over it’s only the weekend

martymac

went out to tint the windows on my car with a kit i bought off ebay, ive done it before no problems.
    had everything prepped, weather was perfect, flat calm, not sunny hot (7am)
    just as i began to peel the backing off there was a massive gust of wind and the film stuck to itself. when i attempted to unstick it, the colour came off.
    so, without hesitation i rolled the lot up and binned it.
    i came back upstairs to find the cat had managed to remove my telescope from the shelf its sat on for 3 years straight down onto 3 bikes that were sat in front of it.
    trying to remain calm, i opened the balcony door to let her out and she instantly knocked over a plant.
    so im stuck here, with no money, little fuel in the car, very little to eat, and my wife doesnt finish work until 9pm.
    im going to have a great saturday.
    EDIT: i actually cant even see any point to being grumpy, cos it wouldnt cover it.

boblo
    Free Member

Enough money to buy gangsta tints but not food? Hey ho…. At least you’ve plenty if time to fix the bikes and strangle the cat 🙂

martymac

kit was bought for me by the wife a few months ago, we do have money, but its in my wifes purse, and she cant have her phone with her when shes working.

kiwijohn

I rode up a mountain in the snow.

RustySpanner

DBT.
    GBP.

😐

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I’m feeling like I’m living in a Dilbert cartoon. Seriously pissed off.

New job time.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Proper **** grumpy.
    Little Cuz is coming to our village carnival.
    This will be her last, lung cancer will kill her before Xmas.
    Very very angry at those who promote cigarettes to children.
    The media for making it seem ‘cool’.
    She started at 15 and struggled to stop.
    Seems she will be quitting shortly.
    Dead at 47, leaves two teenage kids the same ages as mine.
    **** every last one of them.
    Proper **** grumpy.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’m feeling like I’m living in a Dilbert cartoon. Seriously pissed off.

New job time.

Word! feel like i’m working in a creche most days and some people appear to be bulletproof

On the upside, Baby-Boba took her first solids this morning and she had more bounces than Tigger, so swings and roundabouts

mightymule
    Free Member

One of the cats threw up in the kitchen last night and I trod in it this morning. WITH BARE FEET.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘I'm in a grump…come join me…’ is closed to new replies.