Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • I'm in a grump…come join me…
  • DrP

Job’s carp today, fed up, in a grump….

No happy words, just join me in my little pit of grumpiness…

Feel free to offer a rantette about your crappy day below…

DrP

IHN

I always go quiet when I’m in a grump

*says nothing*

Harry_the_Spider

Got ear ache and it is raining.

Welcome to my grump.

stevied
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Aren’t you going on a big ride of great joy tomorrow. The whole country is going to be rained on except the bit you’re riding in!

Anyway, I can’t go on that ride 🙁
    My job is in the balance (well the mgmnt are cocking about with job roles, gawdhelpus) 🙁 🙁
    My woman has gone freaked out and gone all menopausal 🙁 🙁 🙁

Could’ve had a better week to be honest.

d45yth
    Free Member

Maybe it’s the first stages of ebola, op?

I’m pee’d off too, as I was supposed to finish a job today so it didn’t affect anything next week…the rain has stopped that though! 🙁

jota180
    Free Member

Just put an expensive scrape on my car getting it out of the garage for photos prior to selling it 🙁

neilwheel
    Free Member

NO.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I have a giant blister, giant vet bill, giant foot pain, giant financial loss on scrapped car, giant cheap carb-induced muffintop and am consequently a giant Grumplestiltskin.

All true except the grumpy bit, but thought I’d play anyway…may be grumpy tomorrow

wilko1999
    Free Member

Last night – 8 month old baby woke me at 10:30, 11 then 12. Half 12, dog was barking went down into dark kitchen and trod in a pile of puke. Find 3 more pukes, clear them up. Dog puking as quick as I can clean them up, Went back to bed at 1. Half 1 dog barking again for a repeat puke and clear session. Back to bed at 2. 2:30 8 month old baby boy awake again. Back to bed at 3. Half 3 finally my wife wakes (who can sleep through an earthquake) she goes to feed woken baby boy and traps a nerve in her neck – wife and baby both screaming. 3 year old daughter wakes. Dog barking again. half four everyone is settled again, apart from I’m massaging wifes sore neck and shoulders as she dozes off. Back to sleep at 5, baby boy awake at 5:20 to start the day. Walk pukey dog, come to work. Sit here in a grump all day.

Still, 2 hours of BMXing at Rush Indoor Skatepark tonight if I can keep my bl**dy eyes open

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m in London City Airport waiting for a flight to Gibraltar.. 😐

brant
    Free Member

Last night – 8 month old baby woke me at 10:30, 11 then 12. Half 12, dog was barking went down into dark kitchen and trod in a pile of puke. Find 3 more pukes, clear them up. Dog puking as quick as I can clean them up, Went back to bed at 1. Half 1 dog barking again for a repeat puke and clear session. Back to bed at 2. 2:30 8 month old baby boy awake again. Back to bed at 3. Half 3 finally my wife wakes (who can sleep through an earthquake) she goes to feed woken baby boy and traps a nerve in her neck – wife and baby both screaming. 3 year old daughter wakes. Dog barking again. half four everyone is settled again, apart from I’m massaging wifes sore neck and shoulders as she dozes off. Back to sleep at 5, baby boy awake at 5:20 to start the day. Walk pukey dog, come to work. Sit here in a grump all day.
    Still, 2 hours of BMXing at Rush Indoor Skatepark tonight if I can keep my bl**dy eyes open

You should have a go at 24hr solo races. That’s a breeze compared to that

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have just had a piece of cake and a cup of tea and I am still in a grump. It wasn’t especially nice cake.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Brant your BMX red-eye photoshop link on the other thread just cheered me right up for a few minutes 😀

tonyd

Mmm, cake. How can you be angry at cake?

LoCo
    Free Member

You should have a go at 24hr solo races. That’s a breeze compared to that

Dave Buchanan’s 57 hours end to end and back again ride, driving the support van was easier than my young children 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

How can you be angry at cake?

Not angry, just disappointed. And grumpy. 😕

jekkyl

My job is also rubbish today, my ride tonight is cancelled due to forecast double drop, so no stress busting endorphin raised ride for me plus I have my 1 saturday a month at work tomorrow so can’t even stay up late drinking beer to excess to booze away my woes.
    meh!

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve scratched a bite enough to make it bleed. Still itches

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

averaging 3-4 hours sleep over last ten nights due to bloody genetic insomnia, curse my mothers chromosonal heritage…….

60 miler road ride yesterday in which I blew up spectacularly at 30 mile mark and felt very ill for about 10 miles (did manage 5 hours kip though)

First day of not being the Man From Oncall so thought I’d treat myself to gluten free lager instead of cider only to find every bloody supermarket in a 20 mile radius has run out!

arrrrgh

And I spent all day today finding out that my colleague who is on holiday and earns far more than I do has not being doing his job properly and now I’m tasked with picking up the pieces.

Lifer
    Free Member

Won £2 on a £2 scratch card yesterday. Doubled up the same today and won £5. 2 more of the same and a £1 one next, I’m beating the system!

WHOOOOOOP!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stop interrupting when I’m gnawing on my own liver.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve scratched a bite enough to make it bleed. Still itches

spit on it.

wrecker
    Free Member

Today I gave up smoking, anything with refined sugar in(all the nice stuff) and alcohol for a month. Sigh.

BillMC

Happy as Larry

Jobs done Books and paper read Crossword done Mrs showing up soon after a 2 day absence Food in the fridge Bikes and lycra all clean Beer money in pocket Raring to go, more ump than grump

Wrecker I’ve been off the fags for 2 yrs now, stick with it, it’s do-able even after 40 odd yrs of smoking lots

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m in a proper grump today, made worse by my estate agent hanging up on me in a pissy fit. Estate agents are all scum.
    Grumps suck.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker I’ve been off the fags for 2 yrs now, stick with it, it’s do-able even after 40 odd yrs of smoking lots

Lost count of all of the times I’ve tried. I recently started again after 6 months off. Stupid ****ing things.

TooTall
    Free Member

Woke up and it was raining. Rubbish.

Had to take daughter to pre-school. Fighting local traffic is poop.

Having to dig through loads of boxes in the garage just to find everything I need because we’ve not long moved house and haven’t got enough of the renovation finished to unpack everything. Grrrr.

Putting stuff where I know I can find it. Tedious.

Packing the car so I can spend the next 2 days in the Blue Ridge Mountains (yes, those ones) and get qualified as a ride leader here in the USA.

BRILLIANT!

olddog

Can’t get myself going to write up my dissertation.

Bored, stuck in office at home – rewriting same case study.

and sun has gone away so less opportunity for productive procrastination on my bike

chipster

Two more 12hr night shifts to do, tonight and tomorrow night.
    Gwump.

cinnamon_girl

Jeez, here’s a grumpy cah. 😐

Think there’s a dead bird in the garden, or least there’s masses of feathers. Tomorrow the estate agent is holding an open house for the property. I can’t cut all the grass due to said dead bird.

I’ve also got to tidy my bikes away. And I’ve got to get up early and be be out of the house for 4.1/2 hours. It’s due to be bloomin’ well raining so potential buyers can watch the rain dripping through the ceiling. 😐

Sunday is riding day and meeting a friend halfway for lunch. 8)

sazter

No. Work is almost done and then I am hopping in that van I converted to go ride bikes with some awesome folks. It’s probably going to be very wet and thundery tomorrow, but between now and then theres bbq, beer and fun to be had! ITS THE WEEKEND! Go ride bikes and de-stress people! 😀

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve had an abcess in my tooth since boxing day(note the specific day),my brand new phone packed up this morning meaning I had to take the afternoon off work and go and sort it,it’s raining,it’s raining,it’s raining,it’s raining and I’m skint,now do you feel happy???

iolo
    Free Member

I’m always grumpy. Boo.

DavidB
    Free Member

I was on my way to Brighton to see the Mike Hall talk then meet some old mates. Someone has jumped in front of a train at Ealing Broadway. I’m now stuffed as trains into London are a disaster. So had to go back home. Had a hotel booked and have now lost the cash for that. I’m well f****d off.

wilburt
    Free Member

Mid year (job) review- “you occasionally come across as grumpy”.

Must try harder, occasionally is just not good enough.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Fvcken stupid Australian’s.

Friday night. Chippy tea? Half 7…Every chippy I drove to, phoned, Googled closing at 8pm.

Decided on a Chinese and some beer. After much driving around I found one that was still open (at 10pm!) Last customer in, “order quick we closing!!!”

Can you guess what happened with the beers? Yup… The 4 local bottle shops all closed. There’s one in town open late but I couldn’t be arsed driving any more.

Still, least I can watch some catch up TV on the ‘net now my VPN’s all up and running. Except my woefully inadequate bandwidth won’t even load up my fricken Gmail.

Oz-fail.

cinnamon_girl

DrP – have a great time on your gravel ride, that’ll bring a smile to your face. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Last day of our week in Peebles. 🙁 Have had 2 great days at the Games, 2 great days in Edinburgh, 2 good days at Glentress getting my kids used to Scottish style green rated trails rather than tarmac-ed English Sustrans routes.

Tomorrow I have to drive 5-7 hours home in what is forecast to be pishing rain, and I bet we don’t time it right for the first services stop to be at Tebay. 🙄

Then next week I have to go back to an uncertain job, uncertain elderly parents, and my normal life.

Not grumpy, just very 😥

blondy
    Free Member

after months of shoulder pain(calcifying tendinitis)injections into tendon,steroid injections,pain killers still in pain.now my other shoulder getting similar pains now,prob got it in that shoulder too..
    that plus some arse has decided to pinch a fence stump from outside my house while i was in the house..talk about cheek.
    on the plus side im off work today and have a bottle of wine with my name on it waiting for me.
    if i can lift the blinkin glass,(is it uncouth to drink wine through a straw)? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘I'm in a grump…come join me…’ is closed to new replies.