Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • I'm in a bad mood and America is annoying me
  • franksinatra

This is meant to be a rant but my education prevents me from typing with Caps Lock on.

I know there are more important things in life to worry about but:

Major natural disaster in the US just now, power down, flooding, lives lost blah blah blah. So why, in every bloody news conference, is it necessary to fill the background with dozens of serious looking emergency workers. NY Mayor last night, surrounded by posse of firemen, Red Cross staff, police, port authority etc.

There is a major disaster, stop poncing around behind the mayor and go out and help people!

And, whilst I am on a minor rant, a note for the ITN reporter chick. It is not a ‘post apocalyptic scene’, it is just a bit of flooding and damage. Hardly on the same scale as an apocalypse!

crikey
    Free Member

It’s because they speak English. If it was in Foreign Land no one would really be bothered unless a dog got stuck somewhaere.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Why is there no news on the 54 people who died in Haiti?

alex222
    Free Member

A dog got stuck somewhere?

peterfile
    Free Member

Yeah, down with Americans!

I hope they get hit by a biblical flood or something

bigyinn
    Free Member

In the interests of equality. Down with everyone!

jota180
    Free Member

On the main 6 o’clock news yesterday they had a story regarding some trophies being nicked from a golf club in Surrey
    Why on earth this was worthy of anything other than the local free paper, I have no idea

hammerite
    Free Member

Down with Surrey. Down with Golf clubs.

br
    Free Member

On the main 6 o’clock news yesterday they had a story regarding some trophies being nicked from a golf club in Surrey

BBC/ITN Chairman’s club?

jota180
    Free Member

BBC/ITN Chairman’s club?

Probably, it a bit like them all thinking that news about the beeb itself is very important and interesting and giving it top billing

rusty90
    Free Member

Is the dog OK?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, Trout’s going to set fire to the whole of England later when he turns on his latest Frankenlight. That’ll give the news people something to think about

TooTall
    Free Member

ITN reporter chick

I’m sure you are a nice person with some sort of a point, but you sound, how can I put it, well I can’t without risking a ban.

binners

Surely there isn’t anyone alive who could report back as to what an apocalypse actually looks like. So… to be fair, their guess is as good as yours.

I reckon its going to be something different from what people expect. Instead of Jake and Dinos Chapman’s vision, it may end up with us all marooned in a provincial golf clubhouse on a Sunday afternoon. For eternity. With or without trophies

Just take a moment to comprehend that….

binners

When it comes to reporting deaths on the news, everyone knows there’s a sliding scale of nationalities

1. American
    2. European
    3. Australian/New Zealand
    4. Erm… you know…. the… erm…… who?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Will there be cake?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Many of whom were among the 400,000 who lost their homes in the 2010 earthquake and are still homeless! Still, they’re not rich, or English speaking.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh but there’s no subway in haiti so who gives a shit?

did you hear the stock exchange had to close for an hour or two!

NEWS!!!

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Is there a fund or anything?

Poor dog 😥

vinnyeh

Because we like seeing bad news, but are less comfortable with seeing actual people suffering, up close and in your face

Haiti doesn’t have much infrastructure to film so doesn’t look as good on camera, and the pictures have to concentrate more on people.

Truth is we really don’t give a shit about most other people, whatever country they’re from, unless it affects us directly..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kryton57

The septics do everything bigger than anyone, including Storms.

I was watching Man vs Food (again) the other day, and they was a guy in the crowd behind Adam doing some excessive yelling, even for a yank. I said to the Mrs, that he’d be practically condemed as an oddball over here, but over there no one even appeared to notice.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I think the fact that it’s New York is as much the reason for the scope of the reporting. After all, I don’t recall there being much coverage of the Joplin Tornado last year, and that was still the USA.

wwaswas

franksinatra: America is annoying me

you’ll want us to Fly You to the Moon I suppose?

rickmeister

What about the Spazzed out exploding sheep from the limpcs opening ceremony, they ok too ?

Is there a dog donation hot line or something.. ?

billyboy
    Free Member

I’d be willing to bet the yanks get things sorted way faster than this poxy third world country (UK) would manage in similar circumstances after a disaster like that.

I agree….they are different…..and they balls things up…..but we ain’t any better than them

Kryton57

I’d be willing to bet the yanks get things sorted way faster than this poxy third world country (UK) would manage in similar circumstances after a disaster like that.

Obama’s already on the case, getting his hands dirty. I’m sure there’s nothing political in that….

billyboy
    Free Member

Nice one binners

somafunk

Yeah, i must admit to being a “heartless bsatard” on this one as well, everyone i met t’day in my local town has mentioned it and “how terrible it must be for them”, my response has been rather curt and to the point with a returning question regarding the continuing state of Haiti since the 2010 Earthquake which was met with vapid blank stares so i continued with a “f-cuk em, this is the sort of disaster the poorest regions of the world have to cope with every year” so i am now officially the most “heartless bsatard” in my home town – gonna get a badge or sticker made up just to confirm it or make it more “official”.

billyboy
    Free Member

My Republican mate in the USA clearly does not like Mr Obama very much at all, so I feel slightly guilty in thinking he’s better than some of the other evils out there. Maybe that is the result of misreporting by our UK press. Obama certainly seems less corrupt than Clinton for example.

I also occurs to me that it is very difficult to reconcile the Republican Party of today with the one that was born in the 1850’s. I’d forgive myself for thinking the modern Democrats were more in line with the 1850s Republicans.

Shoot me down folks…………………..

hammerite
    Free Member

I noticed the guy on the news last night said “as the storm hit land it was downgraded to a cyclone”.

I always thought a hurricane was a cyclone, they’re just called different things in different parts of the world. And a downgraded hurricane/cyclone becomes a tropical storm?

Although at school I was also told that in Australia a cyclone was referred to as a willy willie – but apparently this is now recognised as the Australian version of a tornado.

Kuco

Surely there isn’t anyone alive who could report back as to what an apocalypse actually looks like.

Can’t they ask one of the four horsemen?

cheez0
    Free Member

you are everyone else and I claim my £5

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

I think the news coverage is amazing. I don’t just have any old storm named after me, but a super-storm no less!

I will not be visiting New York any time soon.

headfirst
    Free Member

Any updates or live feed on the dog situation?? It’s been a while now…

CountZero

And, whilst I am on a minor rant, a note for the ITN reporter chick. It is not a ‘post apocalyptic scene’, it is just a bit of flooding and damage. Hardly on the same scale as an apocalypse!

Care to describe any recent apocalypse that you’ve witnessed? I have a feeling that she might have been referencing movie scenarios, as I’d hazard that remarkably few people have first-hand experience of even a medium-sized apocalypse.
    And ‘chick’? Seriously? What decade are you living in? 🙄

flippinheckler
    Free Member

They can always use one of these in the subway!

And the dogs ok too!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well it all makes refreshing change from Jimmy bloody Saville! Sick of hearing about him.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I present the honorable gentleman with exhibit A:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Katrina_in_New_Orleans

chewkw
    Free Member

Make no mistake this is a serious storm.

For sure we will get through it …

🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘I'm in a bad mood and America is annoying me’ is closed to new replies.