Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I'm going to Hebden Bridge Saturday without my bike…
  • kayak23

I’m not sure what people do when bikes aren’t involved 😉

There seems to be a few from that neck of the woods around here so if you’ve got any must-do recommendations I’d sure appreciate it.

Currently we’re (other half) thinking walk a bit, mooch a bit, eat nice food a bit, pub a bit, that sort of scenario.

Cheers.

I’m not sure about the official tourist video guide….

[video]http://youtu.be/dkyhEYeytuo[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hardcastle Craggs is a nice walk through a steep valley if that’s your thing. Plenty of marked trails there, plus a FP network on the hills above. Walk up to Stoodley Pike for the views.

unklehomered
    Free Member

No real reason to leave the Stubbins…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jag61

in current conditions, park on high ground, walk in and buy some quality trousers.

kayak23

unklehomered – Member

Beg pardon?

nick1962
    Free Member

unklehomered – Member

Beg pardon?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g528757-d2462464-Reviews-Stubbing_Wharf-Hebden_Bridge_West_Yorkshire_England.html
    Wherever you are you’ll be gazing longingly at the steep valley sides wishing you had brought your bike 🙂
    Or maybe this in the evening 😉
    http://www.ladywildflower.com/thefroufrouclub.html

darrenspink
    Free Member

Walk about, cafes, local shops, pub. Not much else to do really unless your staying over and someones on at the Trades club. Think The Beat are on soon actually.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Stoodley pike and Gaddins Dam are both good scenic places to go to whether on foot or bike

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Make sure you take comfortable shoes, you wouldn’t want to be left out

globalti
    Free Member

Be sure to walk up and explore Heptonstall, it looks a bit like Haworth but without all the towerist tat and a lot closer as well.

I think there’s a crag below the village where you might be able to blag a climb if there’s anybody around with a rope and some gear.

stwhannah

Walk up around old chamber to the honesty box ice cream shed?
    Don’t miss upstairs in innovation mill on town square – Dynamite Select sells hebtroco trousers and makepiece (beate/aka clover) knitted things.
    Prosecco on draught plus many many beers in Drink? bottle shop.
    Shopping…it’s inevitable. Market street has nice independent book shop and shoe shop, as well as aforementioned Drink?
    Walk up the buttress to heptonstall, see Sylvia Plath’s grave and loads of pretty old village type stuff, plus recce the buttress for the ‘up the buttress’ race. Come back for the race and do all the stuff you can’t fit into one day.

kayak23

Cheers all 😀

burgatedicky

Another decent walk is up to Lumb Falls if it’s a nice day, the waterfall has a decent plunge pool to have a swim in, and you can throw yourself in from a fairly crazy height in both the left and right hand sides of the valley. I’ve been there a couple of times when it’s been heaving though, that can make getting a comfortable spot to sit a bit tricky.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Ban 😉

porlus
    Free Member

Walk up to Heptonstall is a lung buster. Trip to The White Lion and Cross Inn whilst you are there is even better.

GregMay
    Free Member

Loads to do – cinema is always an option if yo feel really lazy.

Oddly, trail conditions are fine.

mos

Parking will probably be a pain depending on what time you get there, so your walk might as well start from somewhere outside of town or perhaps get train from Mytholmroyd or Tod?

kayak23

Well, it was very nice. Just got back.
    Parked in Sowerby bridge and trained it in, walked about and mooched. Had a look at some slacks in trouser town, walked up the buttress (man that shit is steep to race up!) To Heptonstall, looked at graves, observed Sylvia Plaths, bought some dead insects set into resin from the canalside craft area, saw Jason Bourne at the pictures, walked up Hardcastle crags and then across the top and down to Lumb falls then back to the car through the nice woods. Saw lots of mountain bikers and was well jell.

All in all, Hebden and surrounds is a lovely place. Will be back. Thanks for the tips. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I'm going to Hebden Bridge Saturday without my bike…’ is closed to new replies.