Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • I'm going shopping at 3am..
  • jonnyrobertson

I was going to get a few bits after an 00:50 til 11:56 shift. Was not looking forward to it but thought it better than the Mrs dragging the wee man round the shops. Got up at 23:30 last night, text at midnight telling me my job had been cancelled but as I was dressed and ready to leave I decided to go and do the shop there and then. Back to bed for half two, merry Christmas! Trouble was, I couldn’t sleep…!

RustySpanner

Just back from Aldi.

Half empty, but there’s a home game on this afternoon.

Chaos yesterday apparantly.
    🙂

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

We haven’t bought anything yet and were planning on going this afternoon. Hopefully everyone will have panic shopped earlier and we won’t have to queue.

Ha ha, ha ha ha. Ha.. My thoughts are with you.

It was ok at 3am, I am still alive. When I’d gone earlier (about half ten) a mate who works there was on a fag break and saw me get out the car. I just heard “You don’t wanna go in there” echo across the car park. He said that the night before people were parked on the grass and in the entrance road, even filling the delivery entrance. It’s a small town and Tesco is the only 24 hour place here.

I thought we had everything last week to be honest, save for a few bits of veg but it would seem I was sorely mistaken..
    I got the core stuff sorted weeks ago as I like to think of a holiday as having time to kick back with a nice bit of food and drink. Not rushing about spending too much, that isn’t chilled.

I’m just grateful that the missus doesn’t know an M&S food hall(?) opened here last month..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doris5000

just nipped to the hardware store on church road in bristol to get a key cut. was the only customer.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My local butcher was relatively quiet as a stocked up on chicken breasts, sausages, bacon and a ham.
    As was the off licence I use (who gave me 2 bottles of Loose Cannon’s Christmas ale – to be drunk within 4 days as it was decanted straight from barrel to bottle.). Meanwhile 400yds away Sainsbury’s is bonkers…

wiggles
    Free Member

Just been to aldi on a beer run and it was surprisngly quiet, maybe more so than a normal saturday.

Maybe they are putting people off with product names like this though…

pk13

Aldi also had some weird tea flavors martini and expresso tea.
    everything will be half price from 2pm I’ve been told that’s when the real fun will begin.
    I’m looking foward to opening the big waxed cheese I got onion and balsamic vinegar ummmmmmmm

dantsw13

Did our shopping 9PM tonight at Hastings Sainsbury’s- no problem at all. Fully stocked, lots reduced, loads of turkeys left

sweepy
    Free Member

Got my tree yesterday at b&m, £4.99
    Everything else at sainsburys in Nairn at lunchtime, busier than normal but not bad and everyone being nice.

colournoise

Left home at 10am today. Local butcher / farm shop, then a cheese shop (woohoo!), then Aldi, then ASDA. Expected hell ,but everywhere was pretty quiet considering.

Either everyone round here is really organised, or is leaving it the absolute last minute…

(having said that, the supermarkets were both in Corby, so if it wasn’t in batter or a liquid in a can or bottle no-one wanted it)

MrSmith
    Free Member

I had a million things to do today but had to go to London Bridge to get some cycling gloves and some gin from the distillery in Bermondsey so headed in for 8.30am

Not many people about apart from those wheeling cases and getting trains out, borough market was not yet busy but the queues at the cheese shop was already at about 30 long and no doubt grew.
    Got to go to Waitrose with the GF tomorrow, can’t say it’s going to be a pleasant experience.
    Will not be buying loads to only bin it later, don’t understand that mentality.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘I'm going shopping at 3am..’ is closed to new replies.