Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I'm due an upgrade
  • thom
    Free Member

Which phone should I get?
    I definately do not want an iphone as everyone has one, I’m really put off the Galaxy SIII for the same reason but if they really are good maybe I could be pursuaded.
    Currently have a motorola defy as it is a tough smart phone. Thinking possibly the motorola razr as the battery lasts for age.
    What should I go for?

Jamie
    Free Member

I definately do not want an iphone as everyone has one

Seems legit…

lesoxdh
    Free Member

Mine is due for a renewal next month. I am leaving apple as nothing is really new on it. Yes they have refined the tech but it seems just the same as old on the 5. So looking at the Samsung Galaxy S3. Again every one has one but it seems a better phone. But I am also waiting till Monday to see what my network is doing with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It is massive but it stops me spend bike cash on a tablet.

Flaperon

Bide your time and get the Lumia 920?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go have a play with them!! Shape sizes and specs to fit all

Big fan of the S3, was considering HTC but fancied a change.

Del

quite pleased with my htc one s. was V. cheap on buymobilephones, for the sort of use i want ( low minutes, a few texts, lots of internerd ). seems a lot more snappy than the desire it replaces.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I was due an upgrade & received it today.

Up until July I had an original HTC Desire, which I sat on & broke the screen. I dumped it in a box & forgot about it, and bought a Galaxy S2 off a mate that was 6 months old for beer tokens & carried on.

Sadly it started getting temprimental & I assumed it was dying so I spoke with Vodafone about my options. They gave me a few choices, basically anything free other than an iPhone 5, on an unlimited call/text 2gig data tarrif for £22 a month (i’ve been with them literally forever, hence the deal!).

I liked Andriod, it felt easy to use for a simpleton like me, yet the S3 is a monster. It’s like holding a notepad to your head to make a call, and it still managed to feel cheap.

I caved in & went for a 64g iPhone 4S. I’ve got 7 days to try it & see how I like it.

Initial impression is build quality is massively better than any HTC or Samsung I have used. They feel like a toy phone by comparison.

The user interface is fairly different, some stuff makes sense & works better, other stuff I sat there & thought it was so much better on the S2, swings & roundabouts there I guess.

I would say the use of the iPhone, once i’ve started to get my head round it, seems a lot ‘slicker’ & better finished. Although i’m annoyed that I can’t just drag & drop music onto the memory card any more & i’ve got to screw around with iTunes instead. I guess I need to embrace the Apple way to make it work properly.

I’m still undecided, but I guess that’s partly because i’ve only ever used Android based phones.

loddrik
    Free Member

I definately do not want an iphone as everyone has one

WTF….???!!!! 🙄

That genuinely made me laugh out loud.

CountZero

Although i’m annoyed that I can’t just drag & drop music onto the memory card any more & i’ve got to screw around with iTunes instead. I guess I need to embrace the Apple way to make it work properly.

What’s stopping you doing that? It’s how I put music onto my iPhone, using iTunes, and it’s how I put music onto an 8Gb micro-SD card for my old N95.
    It’s all down to how you set up iTunes in the first place; it only does what you tell it to do. 🙄
    Ioddrick; yeah, me too! 🙄

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

I’d second the Lumia 920 comment. I can only say good things about my current Lumia. The 920 will have the ability to see through walls and enhance low light photos.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What’s stopping you doing that? It’s how I put music onto my iPhone, using iTunes, and it’s how I put music onto an 8Gb micro-SD card for my old N95.

Android requires no software to be installed. It can be accessed from anywhere, updated from anywhere. Music can be added from any computer regardless of if the accounts are linked etc. Apps can be searched from a website – not sure if there is an apple one is it all linked to itunes? Browse click install then it appears on your phone.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I went from a blackberry to a galaxy S3 , did consider the iphone 4S but i dont get on with the way they operate or the screen size. Initially the S3 looked huge to me when it arrived but i genuinely think of it as normal now, it is in reality narrower and thinner than my wallet but about 10mm longer. It fits easily into my pocket with no dramas, this seems to be most folks issues with it being too big apparently.

As for feeling cheap, well yes the back is plastic….so what?, it sits in a rubber case anyhow for me so is irrelevant. The phone is a superb bit of kit that i found easy to get the hang of and find it has nearly replaced my laptop for casual net browsing etc. I use it everywhere including out on my bike (in camelbak) to track/map routes etc. I have also dropped it 3 times with no issues at all so is more robust than some folk seem to think it is.

My only real complaint is the battery does need recharging often, but i guess most high end smart phones do nowadays with all the tech running?

Overall very pleased with it, how it stacks up against the new Iphone 5 i don’t know as i have no need for a new phone so i’m not looking at others currently.

rOcKeTdOg

definately do not want an iphone as everyone has one

Don’t blame you, you wouldn’t want to turn into an ayephone evangelist like some of the followers on here who always post the first reply to a thread after scanning it to pick out any negativity towards their precious oblong piece of battery powered plastic

Neb

Hows about a Motorola Razr Maxx?? A case made of Kevlar, decent build quality, waterproof with a battery almost twice as big as every other phone? perfect for weekends away biking!

Think I’ll probably get one as my next phone.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As Loddrik says!! Why don’t you just get what YOU want rather than what everyone does or doesn’t have! Not many people have a Nokia 6310 you could get one of those 😉

I have a Samsung S3 love it, yes it is a lot bigger but it’s more like a computer than a phone. I never use the laptop anymore just my phone. I didn’t get an Iphone as they are ridiculously expensive.

Drac

pick out any negativity towards their precious oblong piece of battery powered plastic

Hey! That’s not true. The iPhone is a great bit of equipment and not everyone has one some people by the Samsung LCD S3 TV.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I have a Samsung S3 love it, yes it is a lot bigger but it’s more like a computer than a phone. I never use the laptop anymore just my phone. I didn’t get an Iphone as they are ridiculously expensive.

Ditto.

scaredypants

If you want to be different I guess you’re on a windows phone

Jamie
    Free Member

If you want to be different I guess you’re on a windows phone

Lumia 920 looks very nice. November launch I think. Only problem is, MS have not really let anyone have a proper look at Win8 Mobile yet.

thom
    Free Member

Think it’s probably going to be the razr maxx but will have to read up on the lumia first.

ElShalimo

thom – did you get the RAZR MAXX? If so what’s it like?

PePPeR

I’ve just gone from an iphone 4 to a galaxy note 2 and am selling my android tablet too.

Damm fast phone, just a Dom Joleyd S3 but I use bluetooth 90% of my time at work so aren’t bothered about its size, most impressed that it downloaded all my Android apps automatically from the play store.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I'm due an upgrade’ is closed to new replies.