Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • I'm curious about softshells… is there a lightweight, breathable, robust one?
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a Gore Phantom and also one of the Howies Dyfi.

The Gore is really my winter jacket. It’s really quite warm – to the extent I sweat like a b*stard in it, and i’m not a sweater normally. It’s not bad in a shower either, but anything more it’s useless & becomes very heavy & clingy.

The Howies Dyfi I really like. It’s cheap & seems to fit me well. It’s thin, so you need to layer up under it, but again it keeps the odd shower off.

hora
    Free Member

Im selling a Montane Dyno- in XL (black).

StuE
    Free Member
    ransos
    Free Member

The Howies Dyfi I really like. It’s cheap & seems to fit me well. It’s thin, so you need to layer up under it, but again it keeps the odd shower off.

Mine can’t keep me dry on a 15 minute wet commute, and it gets very sweaty when the temperature rises. It’s not much use really.

vincienup
    Free Member

Depends, really.

To a large extent, if you’re going softshell then traditional layering becomes irrelevant and even counterproductive. Depending what you actually have been sold as a softshell.

I’ve made the leap away from bike specific stuff as apart from shorts most of it doesn’t do what I want, and is expensive. I’m liking stuff with an alpine and climbing heritage right now. My Montane Chameleon may well be the best bike jacket I’ve ever bought…

Good article on softshells. here

mintsauce5
    Free Member

I’ve got an altura varium for sale if your interested , I’ve used it a few times but it’s in great condition 🙂

ernie67

How much for the Dyno hora ?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I'm curious about softshells… is there a lightweight, breathable, robust one?’ is closed to new replies.