Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • im crying (well, gagging) over spilt milk…help
  • tang
    Free Member

my wife unknowingly had a milk carton leek this morning in the boot. i got in the car this evening with the kids, and as it had been in the sun all day, we were all gagging. ive scrubbed with washing up liquid etc. still smells rancid. needless to say tomorrow on my day off (post ride) i will be purchasing something to help. any recommendations?

NZCol

a new car ?

bassspine
    Free Member

neutradol odour destroyer powder

gusamc
    Free Member

try some bicarb of soda

druidh
    Free Member

Trade the car in for a new one – you’ll get at least £2k for it…

theotherjonv

bicarb of soda seconded

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oh dear, I feel for you – milk in car fabrics takes months to clean away.

tang
    Free Member

any tips on bicarb application?

PePPeR

I feel for you too, you can hire a Rug Doctor to get the majority of the milk out of the carpet then I’d go with the bicarb of soda to help absorb the odours.

If its the carpet in the boot can you not take the and underlay out until the smells gone away?

tang
    Free Member

yes id consider chucking it out and replacing. however it runs the whole length under the removable seats so prob expensive option.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Soak it with Fabreze or Oust antibacterial. Really soak it. That’s what we did when one of our kids vomited all over the seats of our week old car. Vomit which was to all intents and purposes milk with chunks in it.

Inzane
    Free Member

Yep Febreeze works wonders.

If there is a lingering smell grab some vanilla bean pods and place a couple under the carpet as well. The Vanilla should help hide it.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Leave the doors unlocked one night. Job done!

eckinspain
    Free Member

We had a pack of butter melt in our car many years ago. When we opened the boot there was nothing left – just the empty butter paper. Not sure the small EVER went away to be honest.

However this was in the days before Fabreze so good luck!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d make the wife clean it up!

New carpet as a last resort?

cynic-al
    Free Member

had a similar experience (vandalism in a cabriolet). Googled it and bicarb was the most common suggestion. Annoyingly I thought I’d sorted it but the milk took 2 weeks to go off (was in a cold snap in winter)

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Replace it with a cut-out piece of old carpet…why would you consider buying a new fitted one? Leave it hanging on the washing line for a couple of weeks…rain, wind and sun will clean it up nicely.

matt_outandabout

Our old Seat had salmon juices(!) spilt on the passenger seat when my wife and a friend did some catering for a friends wedding…

Nuetradol was the best at getting rid – we ended up properly ‘soaking’ the fabric, then steam cleaning it out with a carpet vacumn, then using fabreeze for about 3 months on a weekly basis.

GaryLake
    Free Member

White vinegar and bicarb I’ve been told is good for odours

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘im crying (well, gagging) over spilt milk…help’ is closed to new replies.