Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • I'm crap at guitar
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Not guitarhero’s though without a lot of practice.

I’ll physically never be able to play that fast, so no interest in really trying tbh. Fair play to those that can! 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

guitarhero – Member
    This is one of mine

Flipping ‘eck Barry!!

Should you not change your username to Robo-fingers!!?

Edukator
    Free Member

Very slick, Yourguitarhero, I went thorugh your playlist when you posted on another guitar thread. Junior went through a very short Vai phase then took it from 125bpm to 160bpm to play some kind of metal. Now he spends hours on his computer composing techno stuff but still plays in some bands.

Now there’s the difference between us, Seosamh77, I busk and you’re into techinical things I don’t worry my litle head about. All good, have fun and link some current stuff when you record it.

I’m lazy on the recording front, I put the camera on a shelf (or a garden chair) and play. Junior spent hours with a Zoom, Audacity and umpteen tracks. It helps progess, recording that vid above has given me a few things to work on.

AdamT

Quick recording just for this thread.

seosamh77
    Free Member

AdamT – Member
    Quick recording just for this thread.

https://youtu.be/bMESxLLxjdI

You trying to start a fight? Blackbird is one my my favourite go to choons for playing! 😆 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

Edukator – Reformed Troll
    Very slick, Yourguitarhero, I went thorugh your playlist when you posted on another guitar thread. Junior went through a very short Vai phase then took it from 125bpm to 160bpm to play some kind of metal. Now he spends hours on his computer composing techno stuff but still plays in some bands.

Now there’s the difference between us, Seosamh77, I busk and you’re into techinical things I don’t worry my litle head about. All good, have fun and link some current stuff when you record it.

I’m lazy on the recording front, I put the camera on a shelf (or a garden chair) and play. Junior spent hours with a Zoom, Audacity and umpteen tracks. It helps progess, recording that vid above has given me a few things to work on.

Aye see people that can belt out a choon, I’ve nothing but respect for them, it’s actually one of my biggest deficiencies, I fanny about too much on the technical side. I’m actually going back just now and learning how to do that, and to actually start singing while playing, something I’ve never really done.

I’ve nothing but respect for someone that can hold a crowd with 3 chords and their voice! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

That I can do. 50% of guitary songs I could probably play straight back to you. Give me an hour to learn the words and I’ll be fine.

I reckon I can sing better than Ed 😉 I do however acknowledge that we all sound better in our heads!

Interestingly there were loads of buskers in Glasgow when I was up there. All competent technically, but after a while I realised what most of them were doing wrong. It’s not enough to repeat the words in a song – you have to re-tell the story and feel the lyrics – be an actor, in other words. Otherwise it’s just dead flat.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just realised I was overly critical of Ed. Whilst I might be able to knock out that tune I am nowhere near reliable or confident enough to busk, so hat off.

Edukator
    Free Member

No worries, Molgrips, there’s enough vids on my Youtube channel for me to look at and be aware of exactly where I am. I find it easier with people than stood in my living room. Having Henri-Claude to banter with helps enormously. A song such as Jimmy Reed’s “I anin’t got you”. When I sing the line “I got women to the right of me” I leer at a woman on the right, “women to the left of me” etc then “but I ain’t got you” tilt head glumly at one of them.

plumber
    Free Member

Very grateful for those who put up their vids and audio

Talent abounds within us 😀

AdamT

Sorry about the weeds in my patio by the way. Priorities.

metalheart
    Free Member

I just want to leave this here:

[video]https://youtu.be/2vRPmJx8bYs[/video]

I love this kind of shit. Really nice octave harmonic pinky thing (an that Debussy phrasing, did I hear right?). It gets real interesting for me about 8.00 mins: great little funk riff. There’s probably something there for everyone but I guess most of you’ll hate it, but I’ll take this everytime over fretwankery… 👿

Plus, you know, Annie Clark, she’s beautiful… 😳

teasel
    Free Member

I reckon I can sing better than Ed I do however acknowledge that we all sound better in our heads!

I think you should post up something so we can be the judge.

And yeah, many tv progs demonstrate the latter half of the above quote. Your mates won’t have the balls to tell you you’re shit but I’m sure some folk on here will.

If you are, of course… 🙂

giantalkali
    Free Member

Respect to all who have posted a taste of their own playing. I doubt anyone here will say anything unnecessary.

seosamh77
    Free Member

giantalkali – Member
    Respect to all who have posted a taste of their own playing. I doubt anyone here will say anything unnecessary.

Crack on, quite aware how shit that stuff I posted is, it is what it is, investigatory in nature. Things is it’s a learning process, you need to make a hundred shit things before you become any good.

Example, listen to the beatles albums in chronological order. All a bit meh to begin with, few gems in there there, but you can tell it’s production line work, it’s not right up until the help album, rubber soul in particular where there really started making really good music.

Edukator
    Free Member

If you want to bash our a song everyone knows you can’t go far wrong with Here Comes the sun. At the start of the school year Madame asked ofr a Beatles song she could do with the kids in English, my suggestions were Here Comes the Sun and Penny Lane. I had a look on Youtube and found George in concert as a model:

and did my best to combine rhythm and picking, after three weeks I’ve got another song to busk. I still forget the words and it can be improved but here you go:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1e5zEbUHU[/video]

I don’t like playing with a capo so wound up my old frets-worn-flat Sigma Martin to G (the strings break at A) for another go:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grdyOHhSv_M&t=2s[/video]

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘I'm crap at guitar’ is closed to new replies.