Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I'm confused, Lets rock Bristol Bikefest
  • Lakes_Puma

Both the Bikefest and Lets Rock 80’s concert appear to be happening on the same weekend at the same location.

Does this mean I need to ride the course on my Grifter sporting a mullet and shoulder pads?

Does anyone know what is actually going on?

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve no idea about ‘Let’s Rock’ but Ashton Court is big enough to hold two events – concerts and the like are usually in the lower part of AC and the Bikefest is up at the top. I guess it might mean we get free music 🙂

Riding on a Grifter with a mullet is always an option. You don’t need an excuse 😉

nemesis
    Free Member

OMG! http://www.letsrockbristol.co.uk/

I’m now torn. Might sack off the Bikefest 🙂 KIM WILDE! 😆

Saturday 7th June

BANANARAMA

TONY HADLEY

BELINDA CARLISLE

ALEXANDER O’NEAL

GO WEST

BONEY M

MIDGE URE

HEAVEN 17

DR & THE MEDICS

JAKI GRAHAM

SONIA

T’PAU

Sunday 8th June

LEVEL 42

RICK ASTLEY

KIM WILDE

ABC

NIK KERSHAW

MATT BIANCO

IMAGINATION

CHINA CRISIS

THE BLOW MONKEYS

THE CHRISTIANS

TOYAH

JOHNNY HATES JAZZ

Stoner
    Free Member

nemesis
    Free Member

Rick Roll-tastic!

misterduncan
    Free Member

Does this mean the lower trails will be littered with drunk middle agers who wandered off bored when they realised that they don’t know any Midge Ure songs?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I dont see anything on that bill that constitutes rock, even at its shittest 80’s low of “Final Countdown”.

cakefacesmallblock

It’s rock, Jim. But, not as we know it 😉

nemesis
    Free Member

None of the lower trails are used for the bikefest – the lowest part of the course is at the bottom of the zig zags (or thereabouts) and that’s a fair way from the festival of ‘Rock’

Milkie
    Free Member

Well… I thought “amazing two events same place, 80’s tastic”… Until I saw the price of the 80’s tickets…

£39.00 for one ticket! 😯

LoCo
    Free Member

What’s everyones race sound track then? 😀

misterduncan
    Free Member

the lowest part of the course is at the bottom of the zig zags (or thereabouts) and that’s a fair way from the festival of ‘Rock’

Still in staggering distance. Also, people will be heading back towards the suspension bridge against the flow of the trail in the evening and inevitably, cutting across the trail to Beggar Bush Lane. I predict a number of moving trail features!

nemesis
    Free Member

Yeah, possibly so – it’s only that section along the road though so not really much of a risk. We’ll see I guess 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

LoCo – Member

What’s everyones race sound track then?
    Mine is usually the sound of me breathing out my arse. :mrgreen:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I'm confused, Lets rock Bristol Bikefest’ is closed to new replies.