Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Im buying new bib tights, road helmet and glasses, advice please?
  • t160man
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any bib tights with decent padding on there rear end for road and MTB use?

I’m also looking at buying a new helmet and glasses for road use, once again any recommendations?

I don’t want to break the bank, as I have limited free time to go riding, but on the other hand I don’t want to waste money of rubbish.

If gear is comfortable and does the job its supposed to, the more likely you are to go out on your bike, and enjoy it, not moaning your arse is numb after 4 hours on a road bike.

Thanks in advance
    Gary

wilburt
    Free Member

If you buying online DHB seems reliably good for bibs, whilst Pearl izumi are my favourites everyone seems to their own. I like vest part cut low enough for a pee if required and a solid construction after that its down to colours etc.
    Helmets you will need to try a few because heads are rarely round and whilst you don’t want the mushroom head thing you do need enough space to get a cap or buff underneath in the winter. Glasses are a bit easier but still need to work reasonably well with whatever helmet you buy not be too dark as to make vision difficult when in shaded section that you’ll get on even the sunniest day. Personally I like to try these on too and currently have some bloc from Tkmax.

Trial and error, either go to a few shops and try stuff or buy and return online purchases,

Wally

Go to Decathlon

monkeychild
    Free Member

Bib: craft, dhb, Scott fro startcycles
    Helmet: try on first
    glasses: the slightly yellow lens bolle from eBay.

monkfish
    Free Member

I don’t like the DHB bibs. I have a couple of their Aeron pro shorts and the pad quickly became as comfy as a rolled up copy of Heat magazine.

I prefer Castelli or our club kit uses Endura Pro shorts, which are good too.
    Helmet I’d suggest go to LBS and see what fits well.
    Glasses I use Bolle safety glasses. V cheap off eBay so when I lose them it’s not the end of the world

globalti
    Free Member

dhb Aeron Pro shorts from Wiggle – fantastic value and very comfortable.

Glasses from anywhere.

Helmet – you’ve got to try it on so it has to be a bike shop but don’t hesitate to ask if that’s the best possible price.

lunge

Shorts – Decathlon, the 900 or 700 bibs
    Glasses – safety glasses from Screwfix? Or again Decathlon.
    Helmet – whatever fits, specialized work well for me.

sp654233
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a pair of Funkier 17 panel bibs from Merlin and they are very comfy…for me. Saying that they are my first pair of bibs. Nice and cheap though 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Helmet, one that fits.
    Bibs some that fit (in the bib region) and don’t finish too short
    Glasses, loving my Evil Eyes though they have left a scrape on my nose and forehead from a ground impact.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Im buying new bib tights, road helmet and glasses, advice please?’ is closed to new replies.