Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I’m bored – recommend me some Viking Metal album please
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve just about finished the most pointless exercise in business – preparing a tender which I know I won’t win. Loads of boring legal stuff, pointless forms and tables, silly policies nobody will ever read, you know the score.
    Anyway, I like to annoy my posh neighbours driving my Pug and listening to quality music. Maria Callas went well (until I opened the windows to share with the public), Behemoth wasn’t welcome near the local mosque (why don’t they like death metal?), Opeth is a bit too colourful. Viking Metal has to be next. Suggestions please.
    Korpiklaani – Happy Little Boozer

allyharp

Try Bathory – Nordland

I’m really not sure it fits the “Viking Metal” genre, but what the heck give it a listen anyway

Archaic
    Free Member

Anything by Enslaved should do the trick – Otherwise Amon Amarth

sofaking
    Free Member

manowar

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Amon Amarth (check out their Fate of Norns and Versus the World for starters)

TYR Click here Excellent band, brilliant live

Turisas Click Here fun to wath and listen to

Lordi Cos you know The Devil Is a Loser now is Lordi viking metal or monster music? anyway a fine band from Finland

Wintersun Click Here Saw these guys support Amon Amarth along with TYR a couple of years ago – twas an excellent night

Anyways hope that helps

SKOL!

snowslave

Blimmin eck!

Surfr
    Free Member

Didn’t they all murder eachother leaving the Norwegian Black Metal scene rather empty?

flyingmonkeycorps

Can’t believe no one has mentioned RHAPSODY!

Possibly ‘cos they’re not that appropriate, but still.

snowslave

Norwegian metal is so yesterday, darlings. Pharoe Island viking rock is ok but looking a bit passe now. Time to move on. Time ot go East. Time for JROCK.

Dunno what’s occurring here, but it seems like some sort of very big haired japanese live aid type thing. With flags. They love our queen…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0mANjGpDAU&feature=related

And they’d like a bit of anarchy in our country
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g4F2ehGA00&feature=related

Hairychested
    Free Member
    finbar
    Free Member

Yeah, troll metal is over – you want to check out some pirate metal:

Alestorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7sHLjI1sQE

Oh, and Turtle Island are another Japanese band well worth a listen, bit hard to get hold of though.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Right, anybody wants to give for a couple of hundred quid so I can buy some CD’s? It’s a silly deal for you but at least you are aware from the scratch 😛

Archaic
    Free Member

Wow how cool are Alestorm. They are just like Bal Sagoth had they taken to the seven seas.

Macinblack
    Free Member

All these are worth spilling mead in your ear for:

Einherjer
    Finsterforst
    Manegarm
    Thyrfing
    Equilibrium
    Kromlek
    Moonsorrow
    Ensiferum

and for an Anglo Saxon take on it all, the rather excellent Forefather.

Get pillaging.

turnip
    Free Member

Viking skull allways chers me up with song titles like rape pillage and burn…

andrew
    Free Member
    eldridge
    Free Member

What about NightWish? Are they Viking? They’re certainly into mythological ramblings and such: “Master, Apprentice, Heartborn Seventh Seeker, Warrior, Disciple” etc

Someone please let me know if I’ve committed a musical solecism

richardk
    Free Member
    finbar
    Free Member

Hammerfall are good, i’m not quite sure what to pigeonhole them as though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rhapsody… Oh my dear Christ save us from “Village of the Dwarves”!

snowslave

I see a new world opening before my eyes here. I mean c’mon – PIRATE ROCK???? VIKING ROCK??? JROCK??? FFS… Any other weird forms of rawk to brighten up the day?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

What about NightWish? Are they Viking?

Wouldnt say they are Viking Metal… seems more symphonic/power metal – just being finnish…(and now with a Swedish singer) they have a bit of a nordic theme to some of their songs.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Nightwish don’t belong to Viking Metal as emos listen to them whilst not to Tyr (I know as loads of those sad things walk around in Kingston). So yes, you’re guilty of blasphemy 😀

eldridge
    Free Member

Blasphemy I can cope with (I’m an atheist)

It’s solecisms I can’t bear to be accused of

Emos listen to Nightwish? Amazing!

Glad to hear that they at least

have a bit of a nordic theme to some of their songs

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I’m bored – recommend me some Viking Metal album please’ is closed to new replies.