Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I'm bored of cycling at the moment…i need a new bike.
  • Joe

Have no motivation to go out at the moment and i've got a horrible feeling its because i've made my bike too racey (blizzard + 100mm f100). It beats the shit out of me riding fun stuff. I used to ride a chameleon with a nice fun fork on it and loved it, but got too racey and now am hurting myself. I think i need to go back to a bike with an 130mm fork and a little bit more of a chilled geometry.

What does a Radley Blue Pig weigh in at?
    Has anyone got one i can have a look at in Manchester in a size 18 ish?
    Lets have some (un) biast opionion

How much are they? Do you have to go through a bikey shop?

sofatester
    Free Member

Why not just buy a new stem, bar, saddle and just MTFU? 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

i used to ride a blizzard and whilst it was never set up as racey they are definitely more old school xc arent they? bluepig is 4 1/2- 4 3/4 lbs i think, mmmbop is sub 4lbs though and you would get that alloy playbike thing going again.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I don't know much about the Ragley frames but I thought they were supposed to be porkier than the on ones, which are about 5lbs so I doubt that slowriders figures are right. I could well be wrong, but worth checking out.

If you want info on the Ragleys, I'd start a thread with that in the title – you're bound to get more responses from people with experience of them that way.

Bets of luck finding a more fun bike though! I went from a racey 100mm ti hardtail to an Orange Five and loved it – the ti frame is great but the Orange puts a much bigger grin on my face! Lots of fun!

brant
    Free Member

they were supposed to be porkier than the on ones, which are about 5lbs so I doubt that slowriders figures are right.

I think the Blue Pig frames weigh about the same as a 456, and the mmmbop, about the same as an on-one Scandal.

slowrider
    Free Member

cant find it on the site now but it used ot be there. sure it was 3.4 for the ti, 3.7 for the alloy and 4. something for the steel

ton

get a mm bop, fun fun fun……………..
    i am gonna build mine back up ……………….BRANT………..cos they a fun.

Stevoisonone
    Free Member

Accurate weights help rather than comparing to another brand ;-)…depending on the Frame size… 456 = @5.5lb / Inbred =@5lb / Scandal = @3.5lb

brant
    Free Member

Accurate weights help rather than comparing to another brand ;-)…depending on the Frame size… 456 = @5.5lb / Inbred =@5lb / Scandal = @3.5lb

So if you're going to be "accurate" you might be wise to point out what sizes those relate to?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I'm bored of cycling at the moment…i need a new bike.’ is closed to new replies.