Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I'm being dicked around by company and unsure what options I have?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

My credit card company issued me with a charge back for an item I was miss sold by an ebay seller. I now have goods that the seller needs to collect / arrange collection of. Trouble is, they are purposely doing nothing about it and keep telling me they will collect them when an engineer is passing through the area.

I know they are messing me around and are waiting for me to send them back at my expense. I feel like just sticking the goods outside in the rain, but if I do that they will challenge the charge back in the future and cause me a headache.

geoffj

Put goods in garage/loft/shed and forget about it.
    They’ll have to contact you to arrange collection, but they’ll have to do that at a time that suits you – don’t stress it, they probably don’t care that much.

Flaperon

Why is this bothering you? You’ve got your money back, stick the item in the shed and tell the company that they can pick it up whenever they want.

You don’t have to stay in for them, you simply have to take reasonable care of the item. If you’re not in, that’s their problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

What Flappers said

scotroutes

Just say that you are going to start billing them for storage if it’s not been collected in the next couple of weeks. Be polite but firm.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Think youself lucky. We are being taken to court by an online retailer that sent us goods (a Samsonite suitcase) that we didn’t order, in fact we’ve had no previous dealings with this company. We phoned them to tell them and they said they’d look into it. Nothing for six months until a court order arrived in the post last week. Is this the new way online retailers are now operating?

flanagaj
    Free Member

I agree with the above, but I don’t trust the seller. The credit card company have just told me that as the refund has been given the goods are now owned by the merchant and he has 45 days to challenge the refund. I am not bothered about the challenge as he cannot contest that, but I am annoyed that I am having to store goods that I don’t want / don’t own and am doing so because the seller is making no effort to get them collected.

I feel that charging for storage should be a possible option, but unsure about the legalities of that.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’m “storing” a couple of mis-delivered hard drives. In my computer. (It’s been 3 years, they don’t want them back………..)

brassneck

Isn’t there a time limit that if you’ve made reasonable efforts to return, like making it available for a courier, you can just keep it?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

What’s the item you’re getting to look after for a while ?

boblo
    Free Member

It’s obviously a 14″ Black Invader and a Gimp mask… 😀

gravitysucks
    Free Member

It’s obviously a 14″ Black Invader and a Gimp mask

Clearly miss sold. surely he would have wanted the 16″ 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Roter Stern – Member

Think youself lucky. We are being taken to court by an online retailer that sent us goods (a Samsonite suitcase) that we didn’t order, in fact we’ve had no previous dealings with this company. We phoned them to tell them and they said they’d look into it. Nothing for six months until a court order arrived in the post last week. Is this the new way online retailers are now operating?
    Unsolicited goods act, if you didnt order it, then its up to them to sort out it’s return. Unless thats changed I’d be doing the square root of FA.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Clearly miss sold. surely he would have wanted the 16″

How do you know these things!

Cougar

Unsolicited goods act, if you didnt order it, then its up to them to sort out it’s return.

If you didn’t order it, it’s yours IIRC; you don’t have to return it at all.

hammyuk
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member

How do you know these things!

Because he can’t get his wifes boyfriend and himself on either end of the 14″.
    7″ just isn’t quite enough….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I'm being dicked around by company and unsure what options I have?’ is closed to new replies.