Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'M BACK…..with pics
  • takisawa2

Hail to the wrist. Hail to the wrist.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Love it. Glad you’re back out riding.

camerone
    Free Member

What did you do to the wrist? Reason I ask is I am sitting with two pins in mine after a clean break of the Radius and only three weeks in am going stir crazy….

mattjg
    Free Member

good. been there done that got better.

@camerone hang in there, it’s usually 6 weeks plaster then physio and strength recovery.

camerone
    Free Member

Mattjg- yeah been told 6 weeks til plaster off and pins out, will be seven though just the way appointments have worked out logistically. It’s the stiffness and strength that’s the unknown.
    Going to get a sports brace by a company in states called Allsports Dynamics ( too rubbish to embed link )which should provide structure and prevent over moving it…

mattjg
    Free Member

Odds on you’ll be fine, I’ve done both wrists off my bike, one was in bits. I’m still riding, climbing, skiing you name it. Press ups are a bit tricky but I can live with that.

Try and keep your fingers moving, make a fist if you can.

A good physio will hurt you more than the break as you get your fingers moving again …. that’s their job.

Don’t rush the recovery tho, you want those parts to be strong and good the rest of your life, a few days now is not material.

therealhoops
    Free Member

The Full Story.

Start reading from bottom to top and then work forward through the months. Have a pillow on standby.

therealhoops
    Free Member

camerone
    Free Member

Matting- been wiggling fingers from impact onwards. Have a index finger which was dislocated too which I pulled back at the scene- that’s very stiff and I am bending that as much as I can….. Going to try not to rush just very tough as you will be aware…….

mattjg
    Free Member

when I did the first one I borrowed a turbo from a buddy and used that to keep the legs going.

but using it was so bloody awful I learnt to chill out and go with the flow. didn’t bother with break number 2.

jamj1974

Excellent story and congratulations on your first post-recovery ride!

chvck
    Free Member

I couldn’t read it, I got too caught up looking at the side bits of the page and scrolling up and down!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'M BACK…..with pics’ is closed to new replies.