Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • i'm an idiot, and i can't fit my alfine wheel to my bike, and i'm an idiot.
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

ok, i give up.

how do i get the cable-connecting-swivel-gizmo to line up with the cable route?

is this why the complete fitting kit seems to come with several dozen tab-washers? – so i can find a pair that get the swivel-gizmo to point where i want it to?

please remember that you are dealing with a monumental idiot when you compose your reply/heckling.

(i didn’t get a complete fitting kit – there seem to be more than a few things missing)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teh non turn washers come in different varieties for different angles of droppout.

What type of dropouts and where do you want the gear cable to run?

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/shimano-nexus.html

Scroll down for listings and explanations

hautgrimpeur
    Free Member

There should be a pairing of tab washers that gets the cable guide pointing in the right direction – track ends on mine and I use the chrome one and the white one. there will be a pairing for vertical drop outs etc. Pretty sure the destructions describe the pairings for various drop outs.

ahwiles
    Free Member

thanks guys!

if it helps, i’m trying to fit an alfine into a vertical dropout inbred – i’d like the swivel-gizmo to line up with the seatstay.

i’ll try and make sense of the sheldonB page…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘i'm an idiot, and i can't fit my alfine wheel to my bike, and i'm an idiot.’ is closed to new replies.