• This topic has 133 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • I'm an England fan and heart broken today ….
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

If Wrightyson gets banned there should be a whole load before him…

Lifer
    Free Member

Slow clap

somafunk

@Wrightyson Christ that’s a harsh response to what you posted, if you had posted a winking or roll eyes smiley then perhaps it would have been taken in the context it was meant

alpin
    Free Member

@ Wrighty…. I dazu the same worth regards to immigrants in Germany….

Imagine a land full of Germans… Humourless, pünktlich, stock-im-arsch, no one ever saying thank you for holding a door, people pushing to get on the train before you can get off…..

#savewrightyson

theotherjonv

I’m with wrightyson, I think his comment’s been misinterpreted.

Others on here, I’m most definitely not with, but just to be clear

How is voting to leave a cross border political union racist?

It isn’t. Voting to leave, or celebrating the leave result because you then think it then gives you an excuse to abuse and attack people who you think have no right to be here – that is. And continuing to align yourself with leave without actively dissociating yourself from others on that side with those racist views; it might not be right but you risk getting tarred by the same brush.

BigJohn

I’m a Villa fan. Now you all know how it feels.

gobuchul
    Free Member

And continuing to align yourself with leave without actively dissociating yourself from others on that side with those racist views; it might not be right but you risk getting tarred by the same brush.

Seriously? Come on!

“It might not be right”, a bit of an understatement?

Isn’t that statement very similar to the calls for the “Muslim Community” to condemn the actions of Muslim extremists?

MSP

gobuchal I have looked into emigrating to other non EU countries and I do not meet the points criteria to do so. But as long as you have the right degree then that’s fine, an “old school tie” approach to migration suits you why care about the majority. Personally I prefer the EU system.

I do advocate a global free movement system, it will take a very very long time to achieve, the EU has made a blueprint that one day I would hope the whole world will follow, but it can’t happen overnight it has to be worked on. Those that are arguing that the EU system is racist because it does not include nations outside the agreement are being pathetically obtuse.

DrJ

So are you advocating complete Global freedom of movement? No borders, no visas, no passports? A Global “Schengan”?

Hmm. Anything else is hard to find a moral justification for. Why should you and I live lives of luxury just because of an accident of birth, while others live in misery? And “That’s The Way It Is” is not really an answer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/this-day-in-politics-096642
    This was 26 Years ago, I’m guessing most people in the UK at that time had never met a Pole, Hungarian or Romanian. How the world has changed for the better.
    #SmallerWorld

theotherjonv

Seriously? Come on!

“It might not be right”, a bit of an understatement?

Yes, seriously. Polls have shown that immigration was a significant factor in whether people were likely to vote leave, despite what Gove might say (oops, another lie Michael). The anti-immigrant activity is substantially up since the result handed a perceived mandate to this bigot faction of the Leave side.

Isn’t that statement very similar to the calls for the “Muslim Community” to condemn the actions of Muslim extremists?

Is it a problem to ask people to condemn terrorist or racist attacks, when to not do so will be taken as tacit acceptance? Do you condemn them?

What would you have done if you’d been on that tram in Manchester yesterday. Defended the guy being attacked? Asked your fellow passengers to join with you in defending him? Stood by and let it happen? Or join in with the racists?

If you’re 3, are you really 4 but don’t want to be seen as what you are?

D0NK

ah yes, was waiting for this one. “why aren’t the rest condemning it?” is a line oft trotted out by people who appear to be of a racists disposition, quite often when there are already many condemnations all over the media (tho typically you may have to look a bit further than the front page of the sun/mail)
    I’ve seen plenty of condemnations of the current spate of racism, but for the life of me I can’t find anything from boris or nige condemning it (feel free to supply links), the gist I got was they were saying “racism, immigration? nah nothing to do with us, or the leave vote.”

Edukator
    Free Member

In the context of the thread I read Wrightyson’s comment and immediately thought of all the the great things that other peoples have contributed to England to make it the place it is. These flashed through my mind;

Carnivals
    10 different types of restaurant along a high street
    10 different types of shop along the high street
    Varied and exciting music
    Varied styles of dress and hair cuts
    Varied people

If thinking England would be dull with just English people and constitutes racism please ban me mods.

D0NK

just popped up on my fb feed

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘I'm an England fan and heart broken today ….’ is closed to new replies.