• This topic has 133 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • I'm an England fan and heart broken today ….
  • spekkie
    Free Member

What you are seeing now is the polar opposite on the behavior spectrum from the “Political Correctness” that so many people feel they have been tied down by and have been complaining about for years.

Up until last week many people often wanted to say what they “really felt” but we’re not allowed to (or felt vaguely ashamed to). Now they’ve been given a green light to “take Britain back” and they interpret that to mean that absolutely anything goes. I fear the flood gates may have been opened and it’s going to take some work to close them again.

On the plus side, you may get to learn things about family, friends and neighbours that you didn’t know previously.

Sad days indeed.

slowoldman

On the plus side, you may get to learn things about family, friends and neighbours that you didn’t know previously.

I have found out one or two.

slowoldman

What you are seeing now is the polar opposite on the behavior spectrum from the “Political Correctness” that so many people feel they have been tied down by and have been complaining about for years.

You are quite right and sometimes PC has gone a bit too far.

On the other hand some of these people just like being pissed early in the morning on a Manchester tram.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

bollocks, if anything political correctness has prevented racists from being called racists, because apparently exposing their racist views to the world upsets the poor little dears.

enfht
    Free Member

if anything political correctness has prevented racists from being called racists, because apparently exposing their racist views to the world upsets the poor little dears

And therein lies the problem for many of those who voted Remain…like a laser pinging between two mirrors for eternity. 😆

MSP

And therein lies the problem for many of those who voted Remain…like a laser pinging between two mirrors for eternity.

I am sure you meant to say something smart there, but you failed. Like to trytroll again?

spekkie
    Free Member

bollocks, if anything political correctness has prevented racists from being called racists, because apparently exposing their racist views to the world upsets the poor little dears

Not sure what this means?

I’m suggesting that the people who feel they have been repressed by “PC rules” no longer feel repressed and they are speaking their minds. They were always “dinner party racists”, just not out loud.

enfht
    Free Member

Zap, ping, ping , ping, ping, ping, ping, ping ad nauseam

MSP

I take it your a racist enfht.

enfht
    Free Member

ooooh handbags, I think you’re calling me out. Sorry chump but your logic is worse than your spelling.

I voted leave because I believe in democracy but judging by the pathetic attempts to overrule the outcome by some remainers they clearly don’t share my views. But I care not because they lost.

MSP

Well done fantastic, you have chosen the right thread to express your views on.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I is confused.

How is voting to leave a cross border political union racist?

I don’t think I ever heard so much crap spouted on here and that is saying something.

Spoke to the boss of our local Turkish barbers yesterday and told him that I was glad he was here – small things

I think THM wins the interweb with that post.
    Shirley he can’t be serious?

Why would he give a flying **** that some patronising middle class bloke “is glad he was here”?

Why are glad he’s here? So you can get a shave done by someone earning minimum wage?

Besides he’s Turkish, what has that go to do with the UK leaving the EU?

I voted out.

I am not a racist.

I work for a multi national company with a large European presence.

Currently on an overseas project with 6 or 7 different nationalities. Majority of whom have congratulated the UK on leaving the EU.

It’s not really about “Johnny Foreigner”.

Go back to your Guardian’s and leave the rest of us who can be bothered to get on with earning a living anywhere in the World we want to.

dannyh
    Free Member

I take it your a racist enfht.

Correct, but his more defining characteristic is being a ****.

oldnpastit

But I care not because they lost.

Maybe partition is the way forward, like India.

Split the country into those who believe whatever is painted on a big red bus, and those who don’t.

enfht
    Free Member

Writeyson’s racist post was promptly deleted but my ‘racist’ posts remain, so STW must also be racist. 😆 Keep zapping those lasers boys.

dannyh
    Free Member

Keep zapping those lasers boys.

I’m surprised anyone still has any of their pre-ban stock of legal highs left, but stocks must be running low by now.

Twitch, twitch, tick, tick.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Go back to your Guardian’s and leave the rest of us who can be bothered to get on with earning a living anywhere in the World we want to.

Congrats.

The post where the Internet was won and lost.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I is confused.

Clearly

Why would he give a flying **** that some patronising middle class bloke “is glad he was here”?

Try watching news at ten and you might understand. Plus he shook my hand, smiled and said thank you. He could have been taking the piss mind. What do you reckon?

Why are glad he’s here? So you can get a shave done by someone earning minimum wage?

Because (1) I believe in the freedom of movement; (2) I am neither xenophobic nor racist; (3) the haircut and wet shave is “head and shoulders” above any of the competition; (4) he and his colleagues are nice guys – is that enough for you?

Besides he’s Turkish, what has that go to do with the UK leaving the EU?

Somebody told me there were a load more coming – the advance party have done a good job, so no need to worry

Of course, who mentioned him. It was about #fakecontrol wasn’t it?

Ah freedom of movement – how very apt. Its a good idea isnt it?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I voted out.
    I am not a racist.
    I work for a multi national company with a large European presence.
    Currently on an overseas project with 6 or 7 different nationalities. Majority of whom have congratulated the UK on leaving the EU.

Nobody said you were & there’s no need to mock.

What has been said & I think is difficult to argue with is that there will be racists who will be encouraged to speak & act on those beliefs with more vigour than they may have ever mustered before.

That would certainly impact on my choice of vote as it did, one of a number of things that influenced my choice to vote Remain.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I voted out….. and leave the rest of us who can be bothered to get on with earning a living anywhere in the World we want to.

…is why freedom of speech is SO valuable

gobuchul
    Free Member

Because (1) I believe in the freedom of movement; (2) I am neither xenophobic nor racist; (3) the haircut and wet shave is “head and shoulders” above any of the competition; (4) he and his colleagues are nice guys – is that enough for you?

What have any of those reasons got to do with being in or out of the EU?

Try watching news at ten and you might understand. Plus he shook my hand, smiled and said thank you. He could have been taking the piss mind. What do you reckon?

As you ask, I reckon he was thinking “smug twunt”.

Ah freedom of movement – how very apt. Its a good idea isn’t it?

It is. I travel and work all over the World. Never had much of a problem getting into foreign countries, apart from an occasional queue at immigration. Sometimes in shorter queues in non-EU than in EU airports. Sometimes I have to apply for a visa in advance. Not an issue really.

molgrips
    Free Member

Never had much of a problem getting into foreign countries

Just in case you weren’t aware – it’s not about *visiting* different countries, it’s about *living and working* in them. When your current job won’t send you to them.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hmm, freedom of movement and the EU. Give me a while……..it will come to me.

I also travel and work all over the world and would hate to restrict such opportunities to others. That would be….

…tell you what, you work on that one, while I think about that freedom of movement puzzler.

gobuchul
    Free Member

As above I don’t have a problem in gaining entry to work in other Countries, might have to go through some process to get there, so what?

Although I live in the UK, I know and work with a lot of people who live in Countries other than the ones they were born in.

Hmm, freedom of movement and the EU. Give me a while……..it will come to me.

I also travel and work all over the world and would hate to restrict such opportunities to others. That would be….

…tell you what, you work on that one, while I think about that freedom of movement puzzler.

So are you advocating complete Global freedom of movement? No borders, no visas, no passports? A Global “Schengan”? or just for the Countries we like?

Now that is a puzzler.

Lifer
    Free Member

Safety pin – like it.

I hope you’re deliberately obtuse, gobuchul. Otherwise…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wtf? Why was my post deemed racist and why was it removed and reported? It was clearly the opposite???? Some one report this post so the mods can explain please!

mrhoppy

So are you advocating complete Global freedom of movement? No borders, no visas, no passports? A Global “Schengan”? or just for the Countries we like?

Are you really such a dumbass or are you just trying really hard to look like one?

molgrips
    Free Member

I know and work with a lot of people who live in Countries other than the ones they were born in.

Your mistake is assuming that because those people have moved from their country to this, that means that everyone from any country can move to this one.

I’ve actually looked into this, and freedom of movement is NOT open to everyone from outside the EU. People need a way in – and the ways are specific to their situations. I’ve known three Americans living in the UK – they all married Brits. They couldn’t just come over.

EU freedom of movement on the other hand allows EU citizens to just travel and look for work in your *choice* of EU country.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Are you really such a dumbass or are you just trying really hard to look like one?

I obviously am.

I am sorry.

If he isn’t proposing complete freedom of movement what is he proposing? Please explain?

Northwind

…and now the thread’s dragged into the mire. Well done everyone, you must be proud.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bollocks to this thread, flounce mode is about to be fully engaged after I’ve also received a pissing email from the mods! ,I just want to know why I’m a racist when clearly anyone who’s ever seen my posts before knows I’m not. And as a racist I really wouldn’t have voted in would I?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

And as a racist I really wouldn’t have voted in would I?

Unless you’re one of those clever racists who voted remain just to fool us!

…as an aside, this forum is going to the dogs of late.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Casual racist comment from postie. I say nothing as I want my post delivered. So it starts, I’m a collaborator. Farage will be in No 10 this time next year with blackshirts on the streets soon after. What a mess.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some one report this post so the mods can explain please!

You cannot debate moderation openly on the forum

they e-mail you to explain why

if you ask nicely they may engage but i can see why they dont bother though sometimes I appeal – it has never worked so far.

I have not read the thread

somafunk

What did u post wrightyson?

enfht
    Free Member

I’m ordering one hundred ‘Timmy Time Safety Pins’ if anyone wants one.

Lifer
    Free Member

Why? Is it because no-one laughed* the first time?

*with you, anyhow

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m liable to get the Banhammer if I discuss it. I’m quoted third of the way down the last page if you can be arsed to go back. Anyway **** it, I’m flouncing, not happy.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If Wrightyson gets banned, can efhnt join him?

Just for balance, like.

aracer
    Free Member

You do realise that being against the scum who abuse people who aren’t white English isn’t exclusive to Remain voters, enfht? You are also allowed to feel that way if you voted Leave. However if you support such people then that would make earlier character assessments accurate.

<out of this thread>

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘I'm an England fan and heart broken today ….’ is closed to new replies.