• This topic has 53 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mcj78.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • I'm about to have my head examined and talk about my problems…. (THC content)
  • alpin
    Free Member

On the back of my previous thread I’m currently waiting for the psychologist.

Going to talk about my problems and see where it goes from here…

Still waiting for the blood results and haven’t heard anything as yet from the old bill regarding the possession.

Not had a smoke for nigh on three weeks. I honestly do not feel any better or any worse. Although I’ve started to pinch the occasional snout at work. Don’t enjoy drinking just one beer, ein Bier ist kein Bier. As such I’ve avoided meeting mates for a drink as the last two times I did so I got rat arsed.

Will report back later….

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Good luck. I did something similar about 4 years ago. Interesting little journey, some good, some bad. Email in profile if needed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good luck alpin. Great positive choices. Best wishes THM.

Drac

Good luck glad to hear you’re getting help.

nickewen
    Free Member

Good luck with it all Alpin. “Snout” – great word, haven’t heard that one in ages!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, good luck mate.

rickmeister

Good luck Alpin, I know its Germany and there are systems and processes for everything.

Hope it goes well and they don’t recommend the hockey mask, strait jacket and sack barrow….

let us know how it goes.

alpin
    Free Member

thanks for your support, guys.

was an interesting talk.

it turns out that “no, but the police do” isn’t the correct answer when being asked “do you have aproblem with drugs?”.

she then gave me a leaflet and was asked to answer the questions on it.

1. do you sleep better after having had a smoke?
    2 has someone told you that you smoke a lot?
    3. do most of your circle of friends smoke?
    4. is cannabis a “friend” in a variety of situations?
    5. do you smoke when you have a problem?

supposedly if you answser “yes” to two or more then you have a problem.

my answers were something like this:

1. yes, but don’t we all?
    2. yes, but they were more impressed than upset by it.
    3. yes/no, a few friends, but lots of work colleagues do.
    4. yes.
    5. yes, but i was smoking before these problems turned up.

so, obviously i have a problem.

she couldn’t believe that i smoked weed because i enjoyed smoking weed. she was sure there must be an underlying problem (*more of this later). she didn’t like my comparison to others needing a beer at lunch or their red wine in the evening to relax… or me pointing out that she needed a coffee to start her day/before she wuld see me. habits, she said…. we all have them 😕

she couldn’t believe that i would smoke at work. she was sure that was a sign that i am unhappy with my work. i’m not… sometimes a job or customer gets on my tits, but the good thing is about my work is that after a week or so i move on/have a new job.

i explained that i have never been one for drinking lots of alcohol and “needing a beer”. she was worried that i would start to compensate for the absence of weed by drinking more. as in my OP, yes, but it’s easy for me to say no to beers. it is not so much the being drunk but the morning after.

she asked me about problems in my life, of which there are a few, but they are certainly not my reason for smoking. my old man is unwell, the taxman keeps asking for more money, i can’t afford the house i want and finding my own workshop is proving to be more difficult/expensive than anticipated. but i was smoking weed before these things happened.

she was surprised to hear that my life is on the whole really rather good. brilliant GF, enough work, too many bikes, friends and family that i like (for the most part, anyway), money for holidays and other nice things. never been in trouble with the law… at least untill a fortnight or so ago and the fines for RLJing.

she told me about “flashbacks”. where the THC sits in fat cells, that THC can become active again when you sweat causing you to be stoned. (i weigh 71kg, am 5’7″… i’m sure here BMI is higher than mine.) i sweat like a pig and don’t deal with the heat very well, but have never experienced a “flashback”.

she was surprised to hear that i ride my bike lots and am active, saying that using cannabis makes one lazy and lethargic. (got into MTB as it was a way of getting away from town & people to go somewhere quiet for a smoke…. the old or the marshes.)

told her that if i have a task, like cleaning the flat, building/knocking something together or drawing plans then i’ll have a smoke beforehand or during and not after, as if it were a treat for something accomplished. for me i’ll have a smoke, i may work slower, but i’m then more methodical and less likely to miss my mistakes.

after telling her this she was sure that i have ADHD/HDS (HyperactivityDisorderSyndrom) and that i should make an appointment to see a doctor about it so that he can prescribe medication 🙄 🙄
    told her i would rather have an occaional smoke to relax myself than rely on pills and chemicals to achieve the same result. whether the reliance on prescribed medication is any better than the reliance on illegal drugs remained a moot point.

all in all not a very productive talk, but at least it goes on file as me taking some action to resolve my “issues”. will be back in two weeks time to discuss wht makes me angry. i have to prepare a list of things that upset me. i’m not sure how clued up about Brexit, the inequalities of the capitalist system and E-bikers on proper trails is, but we’ll see….

n.b. don’t think that i dismissed all her points outright. she was a nice lady, but i think we have little common ground and she is used to dealing with the more f-ed up end of the spectrum when it comes to drug use abuse.

also a little peeved as it has cost me a days work…..

cokie

Interesting read!
    As a side point, all of my friends that smoke weed have the least problems in their life. Those on harder drugs or no drugs at all have the most problems. Possibly this is just my experience though.

molgrips
    Free Member

but i was smoking weed before these things happened.

But were you smoking less?

Why did you speak to her about weed anyway? Did the Polizei make you?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Why did you speak to her about weed anyway? Did the Polizei make you?

Suspect his lawyer made him do it in order to show he’s attempting to deal with his problem before going to court.

qwerty
    Free Member

You didn’t call her a bitch, ho or pro did you Dogg?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Flashbacks from weed? I have never heard of that before.

Does sound a little “Drugs are bad, Mkay?”

Before I stopped (no real intentional thing, I just sort of stopped) i remember that a few days off would result in a period of very vivid dreams.

alpin
    Free Member

yes an no, Molly…. not really. as alluded to previously i’ll occasionally stop for a month or so once or twice a year, either voluntarily or because a someone has gone to some sort of all-inclusive holiday camp for a few months 😉

she couldn’t understand why i shoud start smoking again having stopped.

my lawyer recommended that i should go as he says it shows that i am dealing (not drugs) with my issues…. this is assuming the people at the town hall/KVR take a dislike to me and want to issue a Fahrverbot/driving ban.

this is separate from the Pozilei… they don’t care much about my regeneration. am still waiting to hear from them regarding my THC/blood result. i’ll be issued a fine and a 30 day driving ban if positive. and they may come at me again for the bit of weed i handed over to them, i.e. posession.

my bigger problem will be if the my case lands on the desk of some jobsworth at the town hall who wants to make my life difficult. they can not revoke my license, but they can issue a long term driving ban. it is to them that i have to prove i am clean.

alpin
    Free Member

unkelhomored…. yes… spoke about this last year with a colleague as he was also “on a break”.

am going through the wierd-crazy-dream thing now. dreamt the other night i was on a secret mission to Russia on aghost train with some random people and i was leading them to safety. it was awesome.

oh, and the other week when i dreamt i had two girlfriends who looked similar… one of them i had normal sex with and the other let me do her up the bum. and i couldn’t let one find out about the other. that dream was LOTS better than the Russian undercover thing.

that is not to say that i never dreamt when smoking, i did, the dreams just weren’t that surreal.

if anything it is a reason to start smoking again as i wouldn’t be walking around till lunch time smirking to myself trying to work out what happened.

enfht
    Free Member

You don’t need ‘help’ tackling your use of cannabis in any sense of the word and her starting point was bigoted and ignorant imo, I thought Nazi doctrine had been outlawed in Germany years ago? Best play along their silly game though so good luck with that. Irie Ites.

unklehomered
    Free Member

😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

oh, and the other week when i dreamt i had two girlfriends who looked similar… one of them i had normal sex with and the other let me do her up the bum. and i couldn’t let one find out about the other. that dream was LOTS better than the Russian undercover thing.

Bingo – flashbackcity!

alpin
    Free Member

if that had really happened i would have remembered…!

soobalias
    Free Member

ah ha ha ha, so you are adhd now, everyone has to have a syndrome, they can all be treated with expensive little pills.

interesting read, thanks for sharing.

(answered yes to only one of your questions – dont think i have a problem per se, certainly a (controlled) habit)

nickc

i would rather have an occaional smoke to relax myself than rely on pills and chemicals

what do you think is helping you relax at the moment? 😆

I have no issue with you smoking BTW or how you conduct your life, this just made me laugh

giantalkali
    Free Member

Ganja flashbacks?! Bargain, come on I’m waiting. What’s gonna happen, l start appreciating music and art really hard whilst guzzling biscuits?

Your shrink sounds like she’s taken her drugs info from the mid 70’s, man

unklehomered
    Free Member

They are very vague and open questions.

I can answer yes to 2 of them… and I’ve barely touched any in 5 years.

l start appreciating music and art really hard whilst guzzling biscuits?

For us it was listening to the white album while guzzling coco pops. Ahhh, those were the days…

Pigface
    Free Member

I feel cheated, sweated like a sweaty thing spinning last night and still no flash backs 🙁 and I have lost a chunk of weight in the last year.

alpin
    Free Member

what do you think is helping you relax at the moment?

looking at naked ladies down by the river 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

Genuinely haven’t got time to read the responses but there does seem to be an assumption amongst GPs / trick cyclists that if you enjoy smoking weed you *must* have deep underlying issues.

They’ll tell you this just before going home for a G&T and half a bottle of red.

To quote Irvine Welsh (cos I’m in a rush), “The gemme’s nae straight”.

alpin
    Free Member

@ user-removed… i wasn’t allowed to compare my situation to that of others. i tried to draw comparisons between functioning alcoholics and other addicts.

she was trying to help, but i think she is used to seeing people whose lives are a mess. i was a bit of a conundrum for her. happy, employed, relationship, good temperament….

right, i’m now genuinely off to the river with my bike and my shades. 8)
    would usually pre-roll a doobie and sit somewhere quiet and admire what nature has to offer. but not anymore. 🙁

——————————–
    german joke:

was hat Schnittlauch und ein Politist gemeinsam?

beide sind außen grün und innen hohl…

———

what do chives and a German policeman have in common?

the outside is green and the inside is hollow

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice 🙂

nickc

so it’s true what they say about Germans and a sense of humour than… 😉

DezB
    Free Member

It was an interesting weed oops! read (that was a genuine typo 😆 )

I’m just surprised how much of their personal life someone is prepared to air on a public forum! I think I’ll stick to snidey remarks 🙂

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

That seems a bit pointless and unhelpful, and trying to make you fit into a box you just don’t fit in, and (as a GP) I see and know lots of people who use weed and have no problems at all, I do also see a few younger people whose lives are sad desperate stoner lives sat in their bedrooms whilst the world passes them by, and the occasional person who really goes nutty on weed. But you don’t really seem to be one of them… 😉 So all a bit pointless.

I’d still prefer you didn’t drive with THC onboard even if you “feel” or “know” you are safe.

br
    Free Member

As a side point, all of my friends that smoke weed have the least problems in their life.

My BIL is obviously not one of your friends, total Space Cowboy barely capable of tying his own shoe laces.

D0NK

Does sound a little “Drugs are bad, Mkay?”

+1
    but we only have your version of it and apparently you’re a drug addict and not to be trusted 🙄

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Two things spring to mind here:

1 the hypocrisy of the alcohol v drugs debate and
    2 the pharmaceutical v diagnosis industrial complex. I have a close friend who works in Community Mental Health and has a real loathing of Doctors desperately trying to solve (non) issues with drugs – “Cause that’s the industry they are in”.

The only question you really need to look for an answer to is “does your use of a stimulant actually do anyone any harm, or is it likely to?” You may want to just play the game however as changing the mindset here may be impossible and you need your licence. Good luck Fella.

ThePinkster

For us it was listening to the white album while guzzling coco pops. Ahhh, those were the days…

Do I know you? 🙂

nickc

I have a close friend who works in Community Mental Health and has a real loathing of Doctors desperately trying to solve (non) issues with drugs – “Cause that’s the industry they are in”.

Alternatively; prescribing medicine that has/can have a beneficial effect?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Genuinely haven’t got time to read the responses but there does seem to be an assumption amongst GPs / trick cyclists that if you enjoy smoking weed you *must* have deep underlying issues.

Given the OP went to said trick cyclist voluntarily then it might be reasonable for her to assume that there is an issue – other than just him wanting to set some foundations for future mitigation i.e. thinking that if he didn’t have a problem he wouldn’t be there?

breadcrumb

does your use of a stimulant actually do anyone any harm, or is it likely to?

The supply might of, drug mules don’t exactly get fair treatment. Plus the money filters to gangs etc.

If they’d legalise it out would reduce the amount of suffering for a lot of people.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Good news, I’m sure you’ll be fine.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m really taking a liking to alpin. Bloke has a good outlook.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘I'm about to have my head examined and talk about my problems…. (THC content)’ is closed to new replies.