• This topic has 434 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 435 total)
  • I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.
  • Dark-Side

The laws that Alpin has fallen foul of are there to protect you, me, your families, kids, wives etc from whacked-out potheads driving round in a drug-induced daze!

[/url][/img]

holst
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsBz7MAm_KM[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

cyclingweakly – Member

It’s quite difficult not to get exasperated and resort pointing out how intellectually ill-equipped you are.

I hope you don’t get behind a steering wheel in that frame of mind.

Several cups of tea to calm down ?…… how long do you leave it ?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Junkyard, do you even read the links you post? I’m afraid I can’t make head nor tail of most of what you write – it looks like someone has mixed up the keys and stolen some of the punctuation marks off your keyboard…

I’m fully aware that there are roadside tests, and I’m fully aware that they aren’t accurate (as highlighted below). I’m also aware that they indicate recent use of the drug, and won’t indicate levels of THC in the blood that can accumulate over long periods of use.

Now, just to remind you, this thread is about a man, who uses a lot of cannabis, and is worried that the cumulative effect of his long-term habit might give him a high THC reading.

So the distinction is very important in this context.

You can try and play Mr Smartypants by picking holes in every single thing someone posts (which seems to be how you spend most of your time on STW), but the fact remains that what most people say in a discussion (and this goes for in real life as well as on the internet) should be viewed in the context of the current conversation or discussion.

If the sample of saliva indicates a positive reading, then the driver will usually be arrested and taken to the station for an evidential test. At the moment, the initial roadside test itself is not enough to successfully achieve a conviction; hence the need for a more accurate, evidential test.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I is confused.

Now, just to remind you, this thread is about a man, who uses a lot of cannabis, and is worried that the cumulative effect of his long-term habit might give him a high THC reading.

I thought that a high THC reading in itself did not indicate a reduction in driving capability? In that you can’t be “stoned” 24 hrs after smoking a “normal” joint? I haven’t smoked cannabis for years but IME there is no way you are suffering any adverse effects 24hrs later. Although it seems that there is a lot of the anti drug lobby seem to be trying to skew evidence to show that you can.

I don’t think that the OP did anything “wrong”, he wasn’t driving while under the influence of drugs, anyone who thinks that you are still “stoned” 24hrs later has obviously never smoked cannabis.

However, there are people on here who won’t drive after drinking coffee, so I expect there will be a lot of disagreement about what “impairment” is.

Remember we are discussing driving a car, something that is very easy to do, if it wasn’t the vast majority of the population won’t be able to do it. It’s not flying fast combat jets or flying a SAR helicopter.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Remember we are discussing driving a car, something that is very easy to do,

Accident stats suggest quite the opposite sadly

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I thought that a high THC reading in itself did not indicate a reduction in driving capability?

It’s not completely understood, which is why the limits are set where they are. You can argue til you’re blue in the face that those limits are a bit unfair, but the drug is illegal anyway, so it would be futile.

Whatever the right or wrongs of Alpins crimes from whichever moral standpoint you like to adopt, he hasn’t been tricked into this situation. He knowingly smoked cannabis and knowingly drove a vehicle whilst there was a chance he still had more than the legally acceptable level of THC in his blood.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Accident stats suggest quite the opposite sadly

Accident stats suggest that there are millions of car journeys that are performed without incident everyday.

scotroutes

As he explains on Page 1, he didn’t know about the legality of THC in the blood (not that ignorance of the law is an alibi).

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Apologies, you’re absolutely right.

Cougar

Heh. An apology post is probably as good a time as any for me to ban Shibboleth again.

jimmy

Just got to remember to say that I suffered some sort of trauma

Does this thread count? Or riding a Trek Y-Bike? *rocks back and forth in the corner*

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have already considered changing my name by deed poll and getting a new number plate for the van.

So you’re going to promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the German underground? You’ve got the van already. Is it back? Does it have a stripe?

alpin
    Free Member

I assume you mean black, and yes it is… 8)

Don’t know about the German underground, was thinking more of moving out of Munich and into the hills…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Shibboleth again.

Interesting, I was thinking exactly along those lines yesterday.

There’s few people who manage to show that level of contempt and have such a misguided sense of their own superiority.

teasel
    Free Member

What I wanna know is why all that vitriol is still up there for all to read when not more than a month ago my (wrongly perceived) spat with Junkyard, not more than two short posts in length, was removed.

I think my claims of double standards and boys club/in crowd protection are pretty clear when you stand the two together.

What say ye, those who censor – time for a little balance or what…

Cougar

There’s few people who manage to show that level of contempt and have such a misguided sense of their own superiority.

Moreover, ironically, Shibboleth has a shibboleth. Which I’m not divulging as it’ll empower him to stop it, but I recognised his handwriting.

Cougar

What I wanna know is why all that vitriol is still up there for all to read when not more than a month ago my (wrongly perceived) spat with Junkyard, not more than two short posts in length, was removed.

I think my claims of double standards and boys club/in crowd protection are pretty clear when you stand the two together.

What say ye, those who censor – time for a little balance or what…

I’ve no idea what you’re referring to, but moderation is a team so different people have different approaches and we don’t always agree. It’s not “double standards” so much as different people.

FWIW, I’m very vocally against censorship and “thought police” moderation. If you’re being a nob though, you’ll get kicked to the kerb.

Cougar

Interesting, I was thinking exactly along those lines yesterday.

It’d be hugely appreciated if you’d share such thoughts.

teasel
    Free Member

I’m always a nob but aren’t we all.

But seriously, it seems I can’t have a laugh or rib JY without him whining or someone whipping away my posts, not sure which TBH. It gets tedious when you witness someone else do exactly the same thing not more than an hour later and there’s smiles all round.

Weird and unnecessary, as I’m sure you’ll agree.

Edit : Anyway, not a big deal, just pisses me off, especially when you read the insults over the last few pages.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is it because you have done those “wrongly perceived” personal attacks on me a number of times and no matter how many times i apologise for a slight i dont even recall you still do them?
    I am still sorry and bear you no malice if it matters and i have not responded in the same way to you.
    FWIW they do seem to have stopped or at least you do them where i dont notice them.

I am fairly confident cougar will confirm that my ban hammer record will comfortably indicate there are no favours on here.

In general, though i wont ever agree with every decision, I think they are pretty fair on here considering what a big bunch of **** we collectively are

EDIT: They were not joke or digs they were just personal attacks to claim otherwise is to be disingenuous. You know this as you know when the other posts were deleted as the mods explained to you why.

I know as you are correct that i reported them. Clearly I am not a moderator but , for once, I was biting my tongue.

FWIW doing it this way is a good way of having a dig and not incurring any wrath so well done for doing it this way and I am still sorry for whatever it was i did I shall stop offering the olive branch though i am grateful you have latterly chosen to ignore it rather than take it from my hand and then roundly thrash me with it

teasel
    Free Member

I’m not gonna respond other than to explain that I’m not gonna respond.

There’s little point as it’ll be removed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You could accept the apology and move on ?

teasel
    Free Member

FFS I told you I had the last time you claimed I was holding a grudge but obviously you don’t believe that. Or rather your guardian angel doesn’t believe it.

Pigface made exactly the same comment regarding you enjoying arguing or always wading in when one is taking place and in response you posted a smiley. I do the same and it’s censored.

And really, this time – that’s all you’re getting from me.

Northwind

teasel – Member

Cyclingweakly’s posts are pretty hilarious tbh and got some quality responses, be a shame to lose them

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

Agreed and to that end I’m glad they’re still there for all to see and hopefully learn how not to behave on here or anywhere else.

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS I told you I had the last time you claimed I was holding a grudge but obviously you don’t believe that.

well you just brought it up on an unrelated thread some months – no idea when as i have got over it and my e-mails form the mods is a file to large to trawl- later to complain about the injustice what with that and the non acceptance of the apology again makes my spider sense tingle so forgive me if i consider that you may not be quite over it.

Yes i argue on here, yes i am often rude and abrasive, I often get it back, and i often deserve it but there is still a line i and you cannot cross when doing that without censure.
    You know you crossed and it you know you had crossed it before and been warned as do I. I was warned to not get involved FWIW and just report so I do.

Deal with it as you see fit – which seems to be complain about it whilst insisting you dont care.
    One last time i dont even know what started it i dont care i dont dislike you and i think we all know what you think of me still sorry still wish we could move on as I really dont GAS about this or you and its not me who keeps bringing it up.

teasel
    Free Member

Please don’t post anything more regarding this, you’re starting to bullshit and twist the truth to suit your agenda and it’s starting to piss me off.

Give up; I’m over it. You should try and achieve that, too.

crikey
    Free Member

Could you both get a room?

teasel
    Free Member

I’d rather a cage or a ring but a room will do…

😉

tizzzzle
    Free Member

This thread is so STW.

Cougar

Cyclingweakly’s posts are pretty hilarious tbh and got some quality responses, be a shame to lose them

Bit late for that.

ION, <mod>play nicely people</mod>

Northwind

I meant the fine legacy of posts, not the artist!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

So, Alps is still a free man eh? No news?

PJ266
    Free Member

No internet in German solitary apparently.

Any updates Alpin?

CountZero

cyclingweakly – Member
    This could be a new beginning…..
    One would hope so, and I’d wish you the best of look beating your drug problem, but…

Just got to remember to say that I suffered some sort of trauma which lead to me smoking and not because I like being stoned.
    …it sounds like you’re prepared to mislead the authorities – possibly under oath – in order to minimise the consequences of your actions and probably continue as you have done for most of your adult life.

Maybe – and here’s a radical idea – you stop using illegal drugs and allow your judgment to return to a more accurate level naturally?

“The ethical dwarf, posturing on the moral high ground, presents a ludicrous spectacle.”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Alpin Alpin Alpin

“Is this thing on?”

alpin
    Free Member

Ja…. Hallo!

In the style of Mr Humphries “I’m free”

my experience of having my head examined

The possession charge had been dropped. Yay!

Have had two sessions with a psychologist. Despite her prognosis I think I’ve convinced her that I’ve not got ADHD, that my family background is a solid one and that despite her preconceptions about drugs that I can function just as well with them as without.

Beer consumption peaked last week what with the end of the Oktoberfest job and since not being around people that smoke I’ve not had a drag on a fag for five days (and nor do I miss it! Would usually have a smoke at work, but it wouldn’t be pure tobacco).

Still waiting for the outcome of the blood test. Nothing I can do till then other than to continue not to smoke weed. The hope is that when the authorities ask me to prove that I am clean (usually over a three month period) I can give them a hair sample. I’ve already got approx 6weeks of being “clean”.

I’m not feeling any better for not smoking. Although I was in the workshop last week and the boys lit one up. I said something along the lines of “you git”. He said “I’ll open the door” and then motioned for me to leave until he was finished. The git.

I don’t feel as though I now have any more energy than I did 2 months ago.

Can’t say that my lungs feel any better as I was smoking the odd snout and now have a chesty cough from sitting down at the river last week.

In all it’s a ball ache. I don’t feel like it has been a wake up call as I was always able to stop as and when I either felt I should or certain people were on holiday at the state’s expense.

If I get lucky and my blood levels are below the 4ng limit I’ll have a 30 day ban. If that is the case I’ll bugger off down to Italy for a month.

If it is over the limit then I’ll have to prove I am clean and have taken steps to “sort my life out”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good steps Alpin.

The feeling better will take time but getting away from any kind of dependancy/addiction is a good thing

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

As the Wombles sang, “Exercise is good for you; THC is not”.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 435 total)

The topic ‘I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.’ is closed to new replies.