• This topic has 434 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 435 total)
  • I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m sure that per 1000 more accidents are caused by alcohol than any other drugs

Well that makes it all right then?
    A lot of accidents are caused by selfish people who break the law.

gears_suck
    Free Member

For a while I thought I might be the only one who thinks your whole reasoning is completely off base.
    As I don’t drink alcohol or smoke drugs I have few friends. Consequently, I have no problem telling you. In my opinion you deserve everything coming. Regardless whether you think you’re safe to drive or actually are. I don’t want you on the roads In Germany or anywhere and thinking you can simply move to another country to continue your lifestyle beggars belief.
    Call me whatever you like, but you knew what possession and possible usage could result in…..
    Law is law. End of!
    Honestly,

alpin
    Free Member

Yeah yeah yeah…. I know comparing alcohol and drug related accidents isn’t relevant.

I smoke weed. I drive. I don’t mix the two… Obviously in the eyes of the law I did, but i don’t do so intentionally.

Often leave the van in the workshop if I’ve had a beer at lunch.

@ crikey… assuming i get lucky I think this may be the wake up call needed. If I don’t and I really lose my licence then I see little reason to change.

Greybeard
    Free Member

The question, to me, is what is illegal in Bavaria? Driving under the influence I assume is illegal; you don’t think you were, but what are the criteria? From some posts it seems that the legal criteria may not actually relate to fitness to drive. Possession for personal use – you’ve declared 1.5g but what does the law say? Long term use (which from the posts above your THC level might imply)?

Also worth finding out what DVLA’s approach is to offences abroad that may be treated differently in the UK – do they take legal differences into account, and if so, are there any?

alpin
    Free Member

Personal use/possession rules vary wildly.

I know someone who got stung for 1000€ for 0.5gr.
    Others I know just had their gear taken from them and nothing more was said.
    I know of one who despite being stoned whilst driving (and admitting as much to the police) got away scot free despite having to give a blood sample.

Hopefully the fact I was upfront about being a user and offering up my stash without the need for a full-on search plays into my favour.

However, the possession is separate from the “DUI”. The Cop reckoned that the amount of weed I gave him was not going to cause me much trouble.

allthegear
    Free Member

Plenty of people still think driving close to the current English limit of alcohol is fine. The evidence of simulated driving tests and incident reports clearly demonstrates otherwise.

You claim to be ‘fine’ driving with a measurable amount of THC in your bloodstream – more than the proscribed limits of the driving authorities you agreed to comply with when you drove.

What makes your knowledge better than theirs?

This week, I have to ride my motorbike through Bavaria and share the road with you and people with the same attitude. It doesn’t make me feel safe.

Rachel

crikey
    Free Member

Hopefully you’ll be treated sensibly; I see little point in criminalising people for using a substance that is less harmful than tobacco or alcohol, but I don’t approve of the potential for driving under any kind of influence.

The number of times I get that skunk smell while riding from a car with open windows is not fun at all.

alpin
    Free Member

@ Rachel… Where abouts? Some nice roads.

Don’t worry about me. I’m at work at the Oktoberfest which fortunately is a five minute bike ride from me.

alpin
    Free Member

@ crikey… Agreed. Despite smoking I’m not keen on the idea of someone high driving.

Drac

What makes your knowledge better than theirs?

He can ride his bike faster than his mates.

alpin
    Free Member

I think drug use is much wider than most people appreciate.

From my circle of friends/acquaintances I know more people who take something regularly or occasionally than I do people who are model citizens. Maybe that says more about me than the population as a whole. I think in the UK the percentage of users was higher than it is in Germany in my experience.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Just to point out, psychoactive THC gets metabolised into a non-psychoactive form (THC-COOH) which is what hangs around in the body. Having THC-COOH in your system doesn’t necessarily mean you are high or coming down, it just means you have smoked at some point. So not the same as the conventional BAC measure.

As a habitual user, alpin could test positive days after smoking, never mind the next day as in this c

Be interesting to see want the blood test looks for. (Edit: I should pay more attention – is already been said it’s active THC).

Cougar

From my circle of friends/acquaintances I know more people who take something regularly or occasionally than I do people who are model citizens. Maybe that says more about me than the population as a whole.

You’re probably associating with like-minded souls. I can probably count on one hand the number people I know who are regular users of illegal substances. (Of course, I could know plenty who do it in secret and would never know.)

enfht
    Free Member

Oh no – Rachel’s safe space has been breached!

20 hours without a smoke you are not inebriated in any sense of the word and only ignorant bigots would think otherwise.

Driving under the influence of ‘legal’ prescription drugs are a big problem and currently no road-side tests.

You have nothing to feel guilty about Alpin, good luck.

MrSmith
    Free Member

You have nothing to feel guilty about Alpin

i thought he broke the law and potentially will be banned from driving? 😯

Drac

I think drug use is much wider than most people appreciate.

I’m very aware of how wide spread it is.

You’re probably associating with like-minded souls.

Yup that’s certainly part of it.

alpin
    Free Member

Thanks torsionalake and enfht….

Yes, two types of THC floating around….from what I can make out they test for the residue in the fat cells, i.e. Not the stuff causing you to be high.

My head is currently a massive **** up space. Off to a wedding now. Was planning on having a smoke or two to get me through the several hour long Catholic blah blah blah,but that ain’t happening now.
    Lost all my appetite, too.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

sounds like your not in control. The weed has control of you if you need several to get you through.

Thought about getting some help? Or was the forum post part of that?

onehundredthidiot

Interesting in one post you said that there’s no way for the punter to know how strong the weed is. This being true why risk it and drive?

It’s akin to having a drink but no idea of the alcohol content.

It may have metabolised fully by the time the test was done or you may read way over. You felt fine though, I bet hardened drinkers feel the same after 4 pints still wouldn’t want them driving.

There’s a limit why risk it?

shakers97
    Free Member

I’ll be honest I hope they throw the book at you. You deserve everything you get. Don’t bother responding i don’t plan on wasting anymore of my precious time on this thread

crikey
    Free Member

At every wedding I’ve been to its expected and encouraged that you get properly pissed…

mountainman

I know that here in Eire the courts and RSA cannot apply points to Uk licences for speed offence’s.A reciprocle arrangement was never agreed and is less likely to be now post brexit.
    As for other things like bans ,not sure .
    But i’m keeping my Uk licence for the foreseeable.

Twodogs

There does seem to be an element of “it’s dope, so it’s OK” in the responses here. If you came on here with the same story but over the limit for alcohol instead of dope, you’d be crucified…..smacks of double standards

senorj

Hard luck Alpin.
    Get legal representation. Hope it works out for you.

crikey
    Free Member

smacks of double standards

Trendy middle class double standards of course…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

THey should introduce it as a “driving aid” over here; might slow some of the idiots down.

Using a phone whilst driving also doesn’t appear to be illegal; I’m sure that has more of an effect on reaction times/concentration levels than a spliff 20 hours ago.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Where I ride n Bristol, there is an area which frequently has cars parked up with people having a smoke.
    Strikes me as odd, why drive off somewhere for a smoke? Because you can’t do it at home for some reason perhaps? Why drive? Just go for a walk?
    I wouldn’t drive to a pub if I was planning on having a drink Btw.

onehundredthidiot

I used to ride commute into Edinburgh the number of cars which passed with a heavy smell of dope was worrying a few would turn into the eri hopefully visitors not staff.

crikey
    Free Member

I suspect random drug tests at say… the BBC, or any national newspaper… on a Monday morning would be revealing.

Northwind

crikey – Member

I can’t help but feel you’re getting a very easy ride from the STW ‘cool’ kids, one would assume that if it had been a drink drive issue you may not have the same.

Because it isn’t the same, quite simply. Driving after being under the influence of drugs should be treated the same as driving after being under the influence of alcohol.

I think what might be causing confusion is the positive test; but as’s been discussed, here it is not really a valuable test for inebriation. It’s a little bit like doing a kidney function test on a driver- yes you could well find that they drink too much but it tells you nothing about whether it affected their driving.

Drac

I think what might be causing confusion is the positive test; but as’s been discussed, here it is not really a valuable test for inebriation. It’s a little bit like doing a kidney function test on a driver- yes you could well find that they drink too much but it tells you nothing about whether it affected their driving.

Are we talking about the breath test?

crikey
    Free Member

Kidney function tests won’t tell you anything about how much people drink…

In my experience people who are habitual users of cannabis regard it as insignificant in terms of its effects, which is exactly what habitual drinkers think.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Driving under the influence of ‘legal’ prescription drugs are a big problem and currently no road-side tests. You have nothing to feel guilty about Alpin, good luck.

This is plain ignorant.
    Anything which could impair your ability to drive, including, using your phone, lack of attention, popping candy or whatever is illegal. If you are deemed to be under the influence or impaired by any “medication” legal or otherwise. The law can be specifically applied to deal with you as if you were pissed, incompetent or both.
    He has everything to be and feel guilty about after having clearly stated he quite possibly has THC in his system at a level classified against the law.
    No wonder there are so many Muppets whizzing around oblivious to their surroundings.
    The very act of smoking dope puts you in a mind frame where you think…”Hey, I’m cool, don’t sweat about it man.” That comfortably numbed belligerence is what pisses me off.

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

Are we talking about the breath test?

There hasn’t been a breath test as far as I can see?

crikey – Member

Kidney function tests won’t tell you anything about how much people drink…

Scuse me, typo, I should have said liver. But I think it’s pretty obvious the point I was making; this is a test for consumption, it’s not a test for inebriation, it’s functionally different from alcohol level blood testing. They’ve proved he consumed cannabis, which he doesn’t dispute; they’ve not proved that it impaired his driving.

If he was driving under the influence, throw the book at him, fine. But you have no reason to think that, and the tone of most people’s response reflects that. It’s not the same as advocating driving while stoned.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Mr Suck: dont let your prejudice get in the way of the truth :/

crikey
    Free Member

But I think it’s pretty obvious the point I was making; this is a test for consumption, it’s not a test for inebriation.

I accept that without issue, but the casual use of cannabis as a lifestyle adjunct will expose the user to situations like alpin is in; he has no insight into how obtunded his reactions are because he’s probably always a wee bit stoned. Ok if you’re a carpenter ( finger tips notwithstanding), but how would you feel about soldiers being the same, or surgeons, or others?

gobuchul
    Free Member

He has everything to be and feel guilty about after having clearly stated he quite possibly has THC in his system at a level classified against the law.

Do people on here actually think that could be any significant impairment to your coordination and reactions the day AFTER smoking a joint? Really?

because he’s probably always a wee bit stoned.

Sorry but that’s BS.

It’s as bad as the drink driving threads where people said they wouldn’t drive at all the next day after having 3 or 4 pints the night before.

Do the same people not drive when they have a cold or don’t change the radio once they are driving?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Mr Suck: dont let your prejudice get in the way of the truth :/

I don’t think he’s being prejudiced – I think he quite clearly stated that if you are under the influence of something that impairs your judgement whilst in charge of machinery then you can expect to be punished if caught.

I don’t think that’s prejudice, rather a quite clear statement of the law.

Now whether alpin was impaired I cannot say, but if the authorities have a limit & he exceeds it…well, actions have consequences. That’s really all there is to say on it really.

alpin will just have to suck it up!

crikey
    Free Member

My fear is that I smoked 3 doobies yesterday, and at least once everyday (if not more) for the past 2 weeks.

Sorry but that’s BS.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Northwind

crikey – Member

he has no insight into how obtunded his reactions are because he’s probably always a wee bit stoned.

That’s quite an assertion.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 435 total)

The topic ‘I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.’ is closed to new replies.