Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'm a wuss!
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I had some blood drawn today and I nearly fainted. No, I’ve no fear of pain, or needles, or seeing my own blood; I watched with morbid fascination the whole processs, once they’d found a vein to tap; and yet I suddenly felt light headed during the proceedure. Ten minutes spent reclining in the padded chair and a cup of Lucozaid and I was alright.

I’m told it’s just ‘one of those things’ that happens to some people.

Now to await the result of the tests…

racefaceec90

had you eaten anything beforehand?if you hadn’t that could be the reason.they won’t take blood if you haven’t eaten anything (when giving blood) i tried giving blood before,but they refused when i said (after answering their question)as there’s a greater risk that you could faint.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’d eaten. And having to eat before being jabbed would make fasting blood tests well… difficult!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

Now to await the result of the tests…

I think you’ll be Big girls blouse positive, it’s quite common. 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m expecting possible evidence of liver/kidney infection or borderline diabetes.

mrchrispy

I knew some lads at Uni that used to sometimes give blood before a big night out and they were a bit skint. those nights never ended well

jam-bo

I’m expecting possible evidence of liver/kidney infection or borderline diabetes.

Wouldn’t that be a fasting blood test then?

Got one booked for Friday 🙁

garage-dweller

I am not mad keen on having blood taken and have done the same light headed thing.

Years ago I nearly passed out at the dentist from a picture of my smashed tooth yet have watched fascinated as moles have been cut out of my elbow and arm pit! One of those random things imo.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I considered it a result that they actually got any blood out of me!

mightymule
    Free Member

I always end up in a heap on the floor after blood tests. Also weeping. It is most embarrassing.

I’ve also been told its nothing to do with wussiness, just an automatic immune system / sensitive circulation issue.

Still a pain though.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

After all this faff it had better be something good.

leffeboy

Used to have 6monthly blood tests at work and that would happen so we checked my blood pressure just before and after and it would drop really quickly. No idea why but i didn’t mind as i quite like the sensation :-). It’s like someone hitting the reset button and you wake up having no idea where you are for a bit

Speshpaul

54 blood donations in and i’ve never watched.
    theres always something else more interesting to look at:-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'm a wuss!’ is closed to new replies.