Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • I'm a ****. Help me decide.
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

The bikes you own are the wrong colours.. can I suggest something bright green 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

You know you can fit “girlie” mudguards on the TCX don’t you? If you don’t have the bits I do, mail me and you can have em’ assuming you keep the TCX that is… 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

@bikebuoy which guards did you use?? I bought the same bike last week.

Jamie
    Free Member

You know you can fit “girlie” mudguards on the TCX don’t you? If you don’t have the bits I do, mail me and you can have em’ assuming you keep the TCX that is…

I got all the adapters/bits for running a rack/guards, so ok on the at front. If I do use a mudguard, rare, I gots one of these:

Anyway….the TCX is nearer to the the chopping block, but can it redeem itself on today’s ride?

Oh the excitement!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Jamie.. did you get the photobucket link I emailed you?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just looking at them now. Will shoot you an email later on today.

Jamie
    Free Member

As an aside, I’m assuming the decision on where to route the front brake cable on the TCX, was made at 5pm on a Friday.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iEmhouU.jpg[/img]

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yeah that is a bit pooh. I’ve zip tied mine so it’s fine. The higher up the range TCX have the routing round the back??

cinnamon_girl

Oooooooooh have you made a decision yet Jamie?

Jamie
    Free Member

Oooooooooh have you made a decision yet Jamie?

No. This may take a bit longer than I expected, but I have a plan forming.

cinnamon_girl

Good luck!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t use girlie dry bottom guards, I’m rad me. 😆

Noowww, when you buy a TCX they come with all the clips and fittings for guards, not going to use mine hence the offer.

D0NK

No. This may take a bit longer than I expected, but I have a plan forming.

ip dip dog shit?

Jamie
    Free Member

Not at that stage yet.

I take back what I said originally, though, I can certainly tell the difference between the 2 after doing 40miles on the TCX today. Whether it’s a combination of the carbon post, fork and slightly wider profile tyres (35c CX Comps over 35c Smart Sams), but the TCX rolls so smoothly, and at the risk of sounding like a MTB journalist, you can really feel the difference in stiffness on pedalling and quicker acceleration.

*strokes chin*

D0NK

Whilst a big faff wouldn’t it be better to test with the same equipment?

Jamie
    Free Member

It more or less is, tho.

Same brakes.
    Same shifters.
    Post is proprietary on the Giant.

Yes, I should have swapped the wheels really, but just wanted to get out while it was sunny, as was pressed for time today. Bottom line is, the TCX would be even better with the Kinesis wheels.

Whilst a big faff wouldn’t it be better to test with the same equipment?

I think I have made my mind up, though. I am going to get a TCX, but going to save a bit more and pre-order the 2015 model once they are announced. Should be September. This would allow me to put all the brand new wheels/bars etc onto the Croix and get a bit more when I sell that, and then just put all my tried and tested stuff onto the new bike. Also, the 2015 bike might have hydros, and an extra bonus is I might have saved a bit to go for the SLR 2.

Not the worse thing in the world to batter round on the Croix De Fer for the next 5 months while I wait. Plus, as long as they don’t change the geo, I don’t need to worry about test rides etc, as know the small is bang on for me.

…now for anyone who ever wondered what these 2 bikes together would look like 8)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LLrEAWQ.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/Chb6Kfd.jpg[/img]

monkeychild
    Free Member

@bikebuoy mine came with the changeable clamp for fitting a rack. Are there more bits than that??

Jamie
    Free Member

Are there more bits than that??

You should have some cylindrical washers:

….as well that allow you to do this:

…although, if you plan on doing this, you’ve probably bought the wrong bike 8)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yeah got those bits. I won’t be putting a rack on. It’s guards that I need for the commute.

brakes
    Free Member

that Giant headtube badge is criminal.
    I’d definitely choose the Giant though, if it wasn’t a Giant.
    Can you get it de-stickered?

RustySpanner

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s all for you, RS.

ALL. FOR. YOU.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘I'm a ****. Help me decide.’ is closed to new replies.