Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I'm 6'0" – is a medium Enduro too small for me?
  • johnhe

I’ve been offered a 2005 Spesh Enduro Pro, which I would keep in the Alps – so almost exclusively as a downhill bike.

I currently ride a medium Blur and a medium Rocky Ridge. Would a medium Spesh be the same sizing? Do any 6 footers ride a medium Enduro?

ryan_c

yep its fine wouldn’t want it bigger for any kind of riding (im 6′ and have 2006 enduro which is basically the same frame)

scotbike
    Free Member

seconded ryan_c, I’m 6′ 1” and wouldn’t want my (’08) enduro pro in the next size up, I’m assuming it’s a similar geometry to the ’06 model, but best you get an idea if it would suit your reach ok – there’s plenty of archive information on the Specialized website.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote here for a M. Mine’s a 2008 and fits wonderfully.

Get a dropper post and some nice wide bars on it, though….made a lot of difference to the fun factor!

broaders9
    Free Member

i’m 6’3 and road a 18.5″ trek!! i know its not quite the question you asked but i found i liked the smaller frame plus with the massive amount of stem and seat posts on offer these day you can make most mountain bikes fit. Its just whether you’re comfortably on it. Plus if you’re riding down hill on it you’ll mainly be stood up any ways!! 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rode my mates large enduro the other day. We’re both six foot. He thinks it’s fine, I think it’s a bit big. Horses for courses.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and ride a medium 06 Enduro as my only bike. It’s not ideal for climbing but no Enduro of that vintage is. It feels great when pointing down tho so I’m willing to put up with its minor faults because its so much fun. Click on my name for pics.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh and I had a large but it wasn’t as much fun.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and demo’d both, the large was a barge, the medium was borderline, compared to something like cannondale they felt at least one size bigger (small spesh enduro = medium cannondale prophet) and at least 2 sizes bigger than commencal (medium prophet = large meta 5.5). The spesh definately felt the most stable of the three like you had to make it do the work by countersteering on the entry to corners etc, whereas the prophet you could pick up and put down wherever you wanted it to be on the trail.

The smaller spesh didnt seem to gain the prophets chuckability though it just got cramped, whereas the larger ‘dale did gain the spesh’s stability, especialy in the slack setting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I'm 6'0" – is a medium Enduro too small for me?’ is closed to new replies.