Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Ill at home, so show me your Audax/tour type bikes
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Clinging onto racing after forty years by the skin of my teeth. Bagging distances, claiming altitude points seems very appealing.

scotroutes
    Vortexracing

Mine, without it’s rack

P1050369 by eastham_david, on Flickr

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice, both of them. What size rubber do you have there scotroutes? Whilst my race or training bikes will be fine I’m going to convert my crosser into a triple chainset road bike for the longer (400/600km plus) rides.

Dyffers
    Free Member

scotroutes

That would be 28mm Conti GP4Seasons. Currently running 28mm Schwalbe Marathons for touring and some 35mm Maxxis Raze for off-road duties. The frame and fork will easily take larger – 42mm easily.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My Vaya.

Now with Marathon Plus Tour tyres.

somafunk

My Kinesis Tripster ATR, Running 25mm Clement Strada tyres as it was summer.

Been out on it this afternoon in the glorious sunshine so i’ve popped out to take a pic, As below with Clement X’plor USH 35mm tyres, it can take up to a 50mm tyre easy but 35mm is max for those SKS mudguards, a true go anywhere bike.

Quite possibly the best/most favourite bike i own.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Freshly rebuilt Equilibrium Disc.

paul78
    Free Member

Winter bike but trial set up for Audax

thebrowndog
    Free Member

One of the bikes I wish I never sold was my Thorn Audax 853, exactly like this one. Supremely comfortable, light enough for anything, braze ons for everything and tough enough for some pretty heavy cycle camping.

slugwash
    Free Member

My Donohue 531 Audax which I did the Paris-Brest-Paris on …..

audax1 by Slugwash, on Flickr

My Kona Inc which I might do the next one on (If I can be bothered to ride all the qualifiers)

DSCN3948 by Slugwash, on Flickr

stevemakin

probably my all time favourite bike !

Vortexracing

How is that Alpit Possum Paul78?

looks ideal for commuting, i.e. slightly too much kit for Jersey pockets and seatpack, but not enough for me to justify a pannier

jameso

F.W. Evans proto. Got a Possum small frame bag (rated) and a Wildcat seatpack for it now, more balanced. A Revelate Pocket up front is nice but it’s worryingly close to having a bar-bag )

BadlyWiredDog

Clinging onto racing after forty years by the skin of my teeth. Bagging distances, claiming altitude points seems very appealing.

What are ‘altitude points’? They sound great, can you exchange them for cheap groceries?

steezysix
    Free Member

My Norco Indie Drop in campsite dinner mode. A few equipment changes since this was taken – SKS race blades, better saddle and Salsa Cowbell bars. Not my most fancy bike, but definitely the one I would rescue if the house was on fire!

Edric64
    Free Member

Np pics But I use a Shorter steel frame that will just take 25mm tyres with defy mudguards an 11/28 9 speed cassette and 22/32 /44 mtb chainset .Kitted with a Carradice Barley saddlebag and a bar bag

oldgit
    Free Member

What are ‘altitude points’? They sound great, can you exchange them for cheap groceries?

Yeah sorry meant Aldi points.

Some hilly Audax..Audai? have AAA point attached to them.

tinribz
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog

Yeah sorry meant Aldi points.

Some hilly Audax..Audai? have AAA point attached to them.

Maybe one day you’ll be able to cash in Strava metres of ascent for Tesco Clubcard or Nectar points. Makes sense to me. I don’t have an Audax / tour-type bike btw, unless you count my Double Cross, which could happily manage it I guess. But I don’t have a photo of that.

nick1962
    Free Member

Some hilly Audax..Audai?

audaces is the plural of audax but it is an adjective not a noun IIRC.

terrahawk
    Free Member

not really audax or touring bikes, but we did ride a bloody long way and stayed out all night 😉

paul78
    Free Member

Vortexracing, the kit is untested to date but happy with flexibility of mounting points so they fit across a number of my bikes … nicely made gear.

sheck

Paul78… I have the same Possum and would agree its a sensible, well made piece of kit. What size is your top tube bag, I haven’t seen one mounted on a bike and am trying to decide which size to buy to complement my Possum? Thanks

Vortexracing

cheers

mboy
    Free Member

My Dad’s new bike, a Kinesis GF Ti V2…

Now got 28c Durano’s and full guards fitted. To be fair, doubt he’ll do anything like the distance the bike is capable of on it, but he’s done a few 20 odd mile rides (he’s barely ridden in years!) and loves it. I’m gonna steal it for a century at some point I reckon, see what it’s like.

paul78
    Free Member

sheck , its a medium. Using the same securing strap through possum and fuel pod really helps stabilise them

paul4stones

Steve makin – is that a Vaya? I’ve had to stalk you a bit to find out – surprised I didn’t see you at the Sagrada last year 🙂

stevemakin

no, its a Fargo 🙂

but I have a Vaya as well

paul4stones

Ah right, thanks.

NZ pics were a trip down memory lane too 🙂 and the Mersey, and Dunham, and . . ,

damitamit
    Free Member

marvincooper

My Kaffenback:

Just rolled over 2500 miles this week since I bought it last summer, also just done my first Audax on it last week (and a session on the rollers tonight!)

daleftw
    Free Member

Having just bought one, I was hoping for more Croix de Fer in this thread!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Ill at home, so show me your Audax/tour type bikes’ is closed to new replies.